• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] What do you view is the meaning of life?

Someone's asking for help!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It's very simple to give a generic explanation such as the meaning of life is to evolve spirituality, but what about people who seem to be blocked from helping others and it feels like their going against the current? Are there cases where someone incarnates for punishment, or just for no reason at all?

Let's say someone doesn't have the ability to evolve spirituality and experiences setbacks and failures, or they feel that they are supposed to help others, but they end up blocked from helping people? Is there ever a case where someone doesn't have a purpose and just incarnates without a purpose? Do people ever incarnate just to be punished for the sake of punishment?

In the case you come across someone who's incarnated just to experience punishment, should they give up on trying and learn to accept that there is no other meaning or higher aspiration?

This applies generally to people.

Solution
The meaning of life is living. Learn to accept that emptyness. And while youre at it find Joy. Its a freaking scarry feeling when youre used to depression.

So lay your ass down and do nothing until you are able to do that with Joy. Then learn to hold on to Joy while sitting and then moving around.

Its a painstakingly slow process where the body and soul learn to work together.

Why? Because the universe gave you a body that works strange.

How? By letting your feelings, emotions and thoughts flow in an empty room. By accepting them and then learning to 'wiggle' in between to stay with Joy.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Don't think of it as punishment; think of it as boot camp. Use troubles as a chance to show how decreasingly they affect you. I suggest reading Seneca's Letters.
I am, I don't want to make the thread about me.

I've been aware. I had a set-back spiritually, it's not the end of the world, developed the tendency to view things as worse than they are. My emotions will pass.

I'm not numbing as much from my emotions, feeling them for the first time with as intense as they are and learning to deal with them and they will pass. I got pretty down on myself. They are intense but I guess it's better to feel than to live life numb.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Actually I beat everyone over the head with Seneca. I turn every thread into a platform about my literary-politico tastes. That's my life's meaning, it seems.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm on life for punishment. It's not my place to focus on spiritual matters or healing myself.

I'm taking advice, dropping all my work, leaving this forum and cutting myself off from all social contact.

I'm supposed to be punished. Fine, I can punish myself. It's clearly not my path to focus on mental health or spiritual matters when I make mistakes.

ghoulish

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm on life for punishment. It's not my place to focus on spiritual matters or healing myself.

I'm taking advice, dropping all my work, leaving this forum and cutting myself off from all social contact.

I'm supposed to be punished. Fine, I can punish myself. It's clearly not my path to focus on mental health or spiritual matters when I make mistakes.
Please do not jump to extremes-- you're really quite pleasant when you're calm. I understand that you have mental health issues, but so do I. I say this as kindly as I can-- I think you would benefit greatly from CBT. It would help prevent you from flying off the handle when people dislike the things you say.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The meaning of life is living. Learn to accept that emptyness. And while youre at it find Joy. Its a freaking scarry feeling when youre used to depression.

So lay your ass down and do nothing until you are able to do that with Joy. Then learn to hold on to Joy while sitting and then moving around.

Its a painstakingly slow process where the body and soul learn to work together.

Why? Because the universe gave you a body that works strange.

How? By letting your feelings, emotions and thoughts flow in an empty room. By accepting them and then learning to 'wiggle' in between to stay with Joy.

Solution

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
the meaning of life is to evolve spirituality, but what about people who seem to be blocked from helping others
There are many types of entity that incarnate in the format of an Earth human - and many types of entity that may attach to a pre-existing Earth human.

And there are intelligent systems designed to interfere with many of those in human format to prevent or at least delay their achieving their design specifications and/or their current purpose.

There are also positive intelligent systems that cultivate humanity as a group and individuals that have specific functions.

The current purpose of this galaxy is establishing right relationship. That is not the case for some other parts of this universe. Thus a pivotal planet such as Earth, is subject to many influences and is targeted by many agendas.

It is better therefore to consider individual cases

Lucinteris

Neophyte
Reaction score
I am becoming more and more convinced that the meaning of life is in ordering internal chaos. As a result, a person finds inner peace (becomes happy).

Promise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Life is inherently empty and meaningless, and it's empty and meaningless that it's empty and meaningless. Once you get that you are free to create. Nothing has any meaning other than the meaning you give it.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I believe it to be a trick question. Life has no intrinsic meaning, because meaning is a human concept. Or to put it another way, the meaning of life depends on the meaner.
I think you're on to something here. Myself, I'd tend to ask,why there has to be "the" (one) meaning to life. It looks like a way to start a pissing match between incommensurable agents. It's like asking, "Who's greater: Mozart or Michael Jordan?" In "Zarathustra" Nietzsche has a chapter on the "1,000 Goods" doesn't he? Talking about how whatever a people finds difficult but needful becomes THE summum bonum in their way of looking at things.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I made this thread out of reactivity. I don't believe the meaning of life is to be punished.

My meaning of life is to get to the highest state of potential, to work on my deficits and defects. To heal myself. To take accountability of my actions. To improve. To become psychologically and spiritually mature and to become the self. The actual self, not the mechanical impulses and reactions I view as the self.

Status
Not open for further replies.