• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What should i consecrate

Reaction score
Awards
Does it make sense/is it worth it to consecrate something like a notebook,pen or cross?
The answer is, of course, it depends on what you want to use it for but yeah it’s worth it. I would definitely say yes to the cross, and to the pen and paper if you’re using it as part of an actual ritual/spell like sigil creation or whatever. But maybe not for simple journaling or whatever.

-Eld

Gregorius

Neophyte
Reaction score
The answer is, of course, it depends on what you want to use it for but yeah it’s worth it. I would definitely say yes to the cross, and to the pen and paper if you’re using it as part of an actual ritual/spell like sigil creation or whatever. But maybe not for simple journaling or whatever.

-Eld
A bit off topic but does the consecration get strong the more specific i am?

Reaction score
Awards
I think Ziran made a good point about needing more info. But generally yes.

I’m taking it when you say more specific, you’re referring to a better designed ritual more inline with the type of magic you want to work with the implements.

For instance if you want to use it to bind things then evoking an angel/symbol/pentacle of the proper planet during the consecration ritual would greatly improve its effectiveness over just waiving it under the moonlight (if the moon isn’t really connected to what you’re trying to do) or whatever. If then you time it correctly astrologically then even better….and so on.

-Eld

Gregorius

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think Ziran made a good point about needing more info. But generally yes.

I’m taking it when you say more specific, you’re referring to a better designed ritual more inline with the type of magic you want to work with the implements.

For instance if you want to use it to bind things then evoking an angel/symbol/pentacle of the proper planet during the consecration ritual would greatly improve its effectiveness over just waiving it under the moonlight (if the moon isn’t really connected to what you’re trying to do) or whatever. If then you time it correctly astrologically then even better….and so on.

-Eld
I rather meant if i make the purpose of the item more specific

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
We consecrate daggers, rings, staffs, etc. Why not the pen you write rites with? Certainly the paper as well.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Grimorium Verum and the Key of Solomon (for example) have consecrations for the vellum ( = paper) and the quill and inkwell ( = pen). If you are going to use them for Magick at least. Same with your journal - there's also a Consecration of the Book in AE Waite's book of Black Magic.
These are all easily modified, even I was able to 😅