• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] What This Forum Really, Really, Really, Really Needs Is...

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I was going to put this in "General Occult Discussion," but suspected our mod's would warn me for being really, really, really, really clueless and move the thread here. (And they would be fully justified in so doing.)

Anyhow to business: this thread is devoted to just what the title says. Add your suggestions.

Suggestion #1: Personally, I've long heard that the practice of magick breeds delusions of grandeur. Yet this forum is without a genuine megalomaniac. What we need is a post-modern Crowleyesque figure. Someone educated (and literary enough) to cow we cavailers with his erudition. Someone with enough genuine (-sounding) personal anecdotes to pass as a veteran of the bellae magicae in all the seven realms and nine worlds. Withal someone charming enough that it comes as a compliment does he decide studiously to ignore oneself. And, yes, someone with a dispensation to inaugurate a new Aeon in the cosmos. Search out such a one and this forum would be cooking like "Heisenberg" in his RV lab.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Suggestion #1: Personally, I've long heard that the practice of magick breeds delusions of grandeur. Yet this forum is without a genuine megalomaniac. What we need is a post-modern Crowleyesque figure. Someone educated (and literary enough) to cow we cavailers with his erudition. Someone with enough genuine (-sounding) personal anecdotes to pass as a veteran of the bellae magicae in all the seven realms and nine worlds. Withal someone charming enough that it comes as a compliment does he decide studiously to ignore oneself. And, yes, someone with a dispensation to inaugurate a new Aeon in the cosmos. Search out such a one and this forum would be cooking like "Heisenberg" in his RV lab.
You aren't pointing to yourself and clearing your throat from time to time, are you Xeno? :D

Mars

Neophyte
Reaction score
magick breeds delusions of grandeur.
But also
post-modern Crowleyesque figure

The epitome of delusions of grandeur. He and his "Lodges" are somehow even worse and more degenerated than the "other" freemason lodges. Let alone his followers.

If anything we need to go back.

The last thing you want when you are going down a wrong path is progress.

What contemporary Magic practices and teachings need is an authority from above. Theres a lot of "Wildwuchs" (Uncontrolled Development and teachings) all ultimately aimed at destruction surely.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
We love a self-acknowledging queen.
Isn't '---issimus' a third-declension masculine nominative ending? Or was my dear old Latin tutor, Simon "Sissy" Tullero, setting me up?

....durn...

Here I thought I was fixin' to turn Prince of the Powere of the Ayre what with my True Self all spiff shined and lucipherescent. Come to find out I'm just a fussy ole queen o' the qliphottims or whosomever. What a drag.

Reaction score
I was going to put this in "General Occult Discussion," but suspected our mod's would warn me for being really, really, really, really clueless and move the thread here. (And they would be fully justified in so doing.)

Anyhow to business: this thread is devoted to just what the title says. Add your suggestions.

It's a lovely suggestion but I think we all would want to apply for this role, at least in our imaginations if not in actuality. But I love the way you're thinking. You are obviously a true magician.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It's a lovely suggestion but I think we all would want to apply for this role, at least in our imaginations if not in actuality. But I love the way you're thinking. You are obviously a true magician.
Actually I wanted to solicit other suggestions for what the forum needs besides my Ipsissimus-manque notion. No one had any. So I guess all is perfect in our on-line Agathara, no?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Many years ago I shifted from science to economics.

Each day I would be about to act in some situation, and the thought would come: What are you assuming?

And I would look at that and discover that I was acting on what I had been taught by parents, society and religion. I was amazed at the stupid things I believed.

It was a sensation like falling with no support. This went on for 8 months until my beliefs stabilized.

Then the falling started again 3 years later but was not so severe. These days it seems more or less continual.

How to trigger such processes on the forum ?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Many years ago I shifted from science to economics.

Each day I would be about to act in some situation, and the thought would come: What are you assuming?

And I would look at that and discover that I was acting on what I had been taught by parents, society and religion. I was amazed at the stupid things I believed.

It was a sensation like falling with no support. This went on for 8 months until my beliefs stabilized.

Then the falling started again 3 years later but was not so severe. These days it seems more or less continual.

How to trigger such processes on the forum ?
This post of yours is a good start. Asking what one is assuming might be a good query to plug into most every thread.

Case in point: asking what the forum needs assumes, I reckon, 1) that the forum has needs; 2) that its participants can assess those needs accurately (as opposed to an outsider); and 3) that said needs can be met by conscious engineering/tweaking. #3 seems especially open to challenge, given how unintended consequences are usually the bastard offspring of well-meant reformist efforts.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my account the question (what are you assuming) implies another party is active.

Most humans have several active parties. Some will object to that question as it may expose their presence.

Thus: what are the preconditions before a human can ask: what am I assuming?