• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What to do with the offerings of food and drink?

ignisnatus

Neophyte
Reaction score
What to do with the offerings of food and drink? Let the liquids evaporate and throw away the solid? Drink it and eat it myself during the ritual?
I have read different opinions and I don't know which one would be the most appropriate.
Thank you!

8Lou1

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
i normally feed it to the birds or fish. but my offerings are mostly made of grains. liquids i let evaporate and smoke i let the thing burn down only if it says otherwise, for example a 7day candle. i will extinguish it. ( is this correct english?)

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Of course you take a good gulp of that booze first to show that it is not toxic. Then the bottle gets corked again and put back on the altar where all entities are invited to drink what they need. Done.
That is high level practice I saw all around the world. Sometimes they have some crackers and pretzels but rarely.

In Greece you find little boxes near all accident hotspots. They contain a picture of the Madonna (if somebody died at the accident) and a bottle of Ouzo (for the survivors and wound desinfection).

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
i normally feed it to the birds or fish. but my offerings are mostly made of grains. liquids i let evaporate and smoke i let the thing burn down only if it says otherwise, for example a 7day candle. i will extinguish it. ( is this correct english?)

Almost correct.

i normally feed it to the birds or fish. but my offerings are mostly made of grains. liquids i let evaporate and smoke i let the thing burn down. I will extinguish it only if it says otherwise, for example a 7day candle.

Just needed to rearrange a little bit, as shown here.

I do the same as has already been mentioned. If offerings are made outdoors, leave them for the animals - make sure it is safe for local species to eat!

Booze I pour a glass for myself and invite the spirits to help themselves to the bottle. I’d looked at it as more of a friendly ‘have a drink together’ than proving it’s safe though. Never considered that spirits might be cautious of consuming poison…

ignisnatus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thank you very much everyone for your answers! I'll start making drink offerings too, I'll take a gulp first and then offer to the spirits by leaving the bottle on the altar while the incense burns (and then I'll put it in the fridge if necessary). My idea is to make these offerings to the different planets:
Luna => Fruity white wine or milk
Mars => Red wine, whiskey or tequila
Mercury => Sweetened coffee
Jupiter => Champagne
Venus => Sweet Vermouth
Saturn => Rum

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Jupiter => Champagne
Venus => Sweet Vermouth
Saturn => Rum
Sun => Orange Juice
Why not.
Are offerings to planets even common? If done I would certainly burn them. To get smoke going up to the planets. So no liquids here.

ignisnatus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Why not.
Are offerings to planets even common? If done I would certainly burn them. To get smoke going up to the planets. So no liquids here.
The offerings I have made so far have been candles and incense, but I wanted to start making drink offerings as well. Regarding the offerings of alcohol, what if I put the alcohol in a metal container and put heat (fire) underneath so that it evaporates and rises?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The offerings I have made so far have been candles and incense, but I wanted to start making drink offerings as well. Regarding the offerings of alcohol, what if I put the alcohol in a metal container and put heat (fire) underneath so that it evaporates and rises?
Risk of explosion. Mix raisins with e.g. rum and burn that. Outside.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
My idea is to make these offerings to the different planets:
Jupiter => Champagne
Venus => Sweet Vermouth
Saturn => Rum
Hello:) may i ask where you got those from, for every planet?

ignisnatus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello:) may i ask where you got those from, for every planet?
Hello! I have taken it from different internet pages, but in none of them did the sources of the information appear. That is the reason why I have asked here, to find out if there is any reliable source of information about it. But I think there are no such sources 🤷‍♂️

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Hello! I have taken it from different internet pages, but in none of them did the sources of the information appear. That is the reason why I have asked here, to find out if there is any reliable source of information about it. But I think there are no such sources 🤷‍♂️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, contaions planets, incenses and such. Much planetary in it.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
IMO, Depends on the spirit

say you work with a spirit of death, I was taught to just throw the offering, if it’s say an ancestor you may eat it With them.