• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation What to Read Next After The Complete Book of Demonolatry?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

Shadows_Whisper

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm working through The Complete Book of Demonolatry by S. Connolly and I actually really like the concepts of demonolatry once fully explained as the book does. Now that I'm fully working with demons, I'd like to continually improve my knowledge not only in terms of working with them but also their history and other aspects of them.

As I approach the halfway point with this book, I already want to line up something else on a similar level to read next. Do you guys have any recommendations for books that expand further on demonolatry, working with demons in general, or cover areas missed by this book?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hereditary demonolatry:

Just uploaded:

Summoning of all 72 Goetia demons demonolatry-style (free e-book):
Post automatically merged:

Here's another one:

Last edited:

Shadows_Whisper

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hereditary demonolatry:

Just uploaded:

Summoning of all 72 Goetia demons demonolatry-style (free e-book):
Post automatically merged:

Here's another one:

Thank you! I'd seen the one just posted after I made my post. :D

Milton

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Here's a list written by the same author of the book you just read, The Complete Book of Demonolatry by S. Connolly.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Goetia isn't something I am personally interested in nor pursuing, however if I were to read a book about them it would most likely be by the author Jake Stratton-Kent. (not overly edgy like other authors IMO)

Fausto

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm working through The Complete Book of Demonolatry by S. Connolly and I actually really like the concepts of demonolatry once fully explained as the book does. Now that I'm fully working with demons, I'd like to continually improve my knowledge not only in terms of working with them but also their history and other aspects of them.

As I approach the halfway point with this book, I already want to line up something else on a similar level to read next. Do you guys have any recommendations for books that expand further on demonolatry, working with demons in general, or cover areas missed by this book?
In my view, they know everything, ask for New magick systems, such knowlegde is infinite.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It seems to me that S. Connolly has got the whole demonolatry market cornered so after having read her books, the only options available are either LHP authors like E.A. Koetting who tends to mythologize demons weaving corny narratives around them that are suspiciously reminiscent of fanfic (I suspect a similar approach is taken by more serious writers that sell their overpriced works in limited bibliophile editions via Miskatonic Books or other specialized publishers) or researching the old grimoires as commented by scholars like Stephen Skinner & David Rankine. A good compromise would be Jake Stratton-Kent's Pandemonium, written from an actual practioner's view but also scholarly sound.

Perhaps it would be beneficial to step out of the naive Goetia-centered type of demonolatry paradigm ("Demons are our friends, actually!") for a while and research demons in history, starting with Sumeria and the more or less neutral concept of daemons in Ancient Greece (as well as Socrates 'daemion') while also accepting that a lot of demon lore, for example from the Middle Ages, is simply fear-driven superstition. S. Connolly often stresses the importance of discernment, so studying different points of view is clearly valuable. It goes with saying though that mere reading can never replace actual practice but it might give you different perspective.

Milton

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
It seems to me that S. Connolly has got the whole demonolatry market cornered so after having read her books, the only options available are either LHP authors like E.A. Koetting who tends to mythologize demons weaving corny narratives around them that are suspiciously reminiscent of fanfic (I suspect a similar approach is taken by more serious writers that sell their overpriced works in limited bibliophile editions via Miskatonic Books or other specialized publishers) or researching the old grimoires as commented by scholars like Stephen Skinner & David Rankine. A good compromise would be Jake Stratton-Kent's Pandemonium, written from an actual practioner's view but also scholarly sound.

Perhaps it would be beneficial to step out of the naive Goetia-centered type of demonolatry paradigm ("Demons are our friends, actually!") for a while and research demons in history, starting with Sumeria and the more or less neutral concept of daemons in Ancient Greece (as well as Socrates 'daemion') while also accepting that a lot of demon lore, for example from the Middle Ages, is simply fear-driven superstition. S. Connolly often stresses the importance of discernment, so studying different points of view is clearly valuable. It goes with saying though that mere reading can never replace actual practice but it might give you different perspective.
I believe your statement is on point. I would also add that solely "black magick, evil, LHP, death, damned -insert a spooky term- etc" authors are over-hyped for the purpose of marketing.
Please don't get me wrong, very dark practices do indeed exist (Sabbati, Setian or 182), however I do believe the rest fall under classical Goetia. (Whilst still respecting S. Connolly's work. She's better than many others IMO)

I would also study witchcraft books such Buckland or Cunningham works as they do assist with Goetia work.

That being said, I acknowledge that I'm an armchair occultist here and wish to be corrected if wrong. ;)

Shadows_Whisper

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
the only options available are either LHP authors like E.A. Koetting who tends to mythologize demons weaving corny narratives around them that are suspiciously reminiscent of fanfic (I suspect a similar approach is taken by more serious writers that sell their overpriced works in limited bibliophile editions via Miskatonic Books or other specialized publishers)
Generally trying to avoid anything like that. I don't need fanfic. I need actual information, even if it's personal gnosis at least let it be authentic.
or researching the old grimoires as commented by scholars like Stephen Skinner & David Rankine. A good compromise would be Jake Stratton-Kent's Pandemonium, written from an actual practioner's view but also scholarly sound.
I'll give this a look. This does sound like something interesting.
Perhaps it would be beneficial to step out of the naive Goetia-centered type of demonolatry paradigm ("Demons are our friends, actually!") for a while and research demons in history, starting with Sumeria and the more or less neutral concept of daemons in Ancient Greece (as well as Socrates 'daemion') while also accepting that a lot of demon lore, for example from the Middle Ages, is simply fear-driven superstition.
This is where I'm at now. I've been collecting and consuming any and everything related to demons to read, be it random historical texts from something that mentions them 2000 years ago to other Christian works or grimoires.

I don't need an echo box of the specific "demonolatry" view, though I do like some of their concepts, I'm more in search of a wider understanding of demons and their history as we know it. Even if the run-ins I'm reading about are based on superstitions. Eventually, I'll write down questions and ask the demon I work with directly, but until then I'd love to see what we have on them.

I believe your statement is on point. I would also add that solely "black magick, evil, LHP, death, damned -insert a spooky term- etc" authors are over-hyped for the purpose of marketing.
I really wish they weren't. When I see that type of stuff or the goofy "edgy" covers thrown onto books, I'm turned off immediately. This is a great way for valuable information to get lost in the weeds. But maybe that's my fault for judging a book by its cover.
I would also study witchcraft books such Buckland or Cunningham works as they do assist with Goetia work.
I've got a few of their ebooks saved, I'll check them out again and see if I find anything interesting. I did want to get into Buckland's Book of Spirit Communication, but I couldn't ever commit more than flipping through the pages. :D

thehornedone

Neophyte
Reaction score
She is my main role model as far as occult authors go. Her other books build a little on the foundation she lays with the complete guide to demonology. Drawing down Belial, wortcunning for demonology, and demonic prosperity Magick are all good and just as consice and straight forward. I should probably branch out from just her. So many people just seem so corny though. Micheal Ford has a strong reputation but I'm turned off by his William Shatner like YouTube persona and anyone who knows anythings knows ea koetting is a joke aside from his early basic 101 stuff.