• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] What're Your Criteria?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What earns a post your hitting the "Like" button? Some of us are as frugal with praise as a USMC DI with a toothache and a wedgie. Others are as indiscriminating as a stoned tweenie first meeting her favorite hip-hop posse in person. I usually hit like when 1) a post actually tells me something I never knew (ok, ok, so that's often.) Or, 2) I "like" posts when I've been a spiteful aersehole to the recipient in other threads and am sucking up. The rest of youse an' y'all?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
it depends. when we were still a little wf4.0 i hit the button when we couldnt write cause troll, but to show we are on the right track. word salad bar was visiting and it helped a lot. a sort of silent nudge, a pat on the back for being on the right track and keeping the blabbermouth out.

now mostly due to text making sense in my chaotic world, something that makes my truth become more aligned with words. so in a sense when it makes my truth grow.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
What earns a post your hitting the "Like" button? Some of us are as frugal with praise as a USMC DI with a toothache and a wedgie. Others are as indiscriminating as a stoned tweenie first meeting her favorite hip-hop posse in person. I usually hit like when 1) a post actually tells me something I never knew (ok, ok, so that's often.) Or, 2) I "like" posts when I've been a spiteful aersehole to the recipient in other threads and am sucking up. The rest of youse an' y'all?
When I agree with it, or find it a useful contribution, or recognize it as being an attempt at a (useful) contribution, or if it is indeed my favorite hip-hop posse.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have just two types of people that I put immediately on the ignore list:

1) The ones who ask something yet won't listen. Why do you bother wasting our time if you have already figured all of it, genius?

2) A question is being asked, the answer is larger than life. These posts are so unhelpful a troll attempt entertains better than these.

Other than that I don't mind sharing love ^^

Reaction score
Awards
Unless I strongly disagree with posts, or find them blatantly stupid or racist, I'll hit the like button to show decency that I've read their post. Otherwise they get no reaction or a dislike.