• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Who decides the hierarchy?

Darkesh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi,

I was reading an Archived article and the author claimed that spirits are more powerful than Humans. However, I am confused by this statement because we are the ones doing the summoning and giving out the tasks.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, if you believe that we are created in the image of God then we are more powerful (or have other powers) than Angels and Demons.
But what I think was meant is that beings have specialities. Just like how the director of a company might be the boss but he wouldn't be able to do the work of the craftsmen that work for him.
Or how you and I probably would lose the fight against a wild dog, but with man-made devices (leashes / tasers whatever) we would be in charge.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
There is the notion that "There is not God but Man," which has its variants - the meaning which I understand as that, as the Microcosm, a human being has all the powers of the cosmos, including those represented as "spirits", within the framework of its being. The gods are within us as much as the are outside of us, so their powers are available to us to summon and command if we cultivate our Wills.

Of course I know that sounds a bit like a formula for hubris, but I figure existence is a classroom/laboratory with a revolving door. I once saw a T-Shirt that said: "Bad decisions make great stories!"
Therefore, I choose to labor in a humble spirit of cooperation, even if I AM a living god (or not).

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hi,

I was reading an Archived article and the author claimed that spirits are more powerful than Humans. However, I am confused by this statement because we are the ones doing the summoning and giving out the tasks.
We too are Spirits inhabiting Physical Bodies, there are various levels/degrees of power, some spirits are More powerful, some Less?
We have the formulae of Magic/k to assist us as well!

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hi,

At least part of it is about location. We're incarnate on the earth, this is our realm, and especially our individual lives belong to us. In say Olympus, Muspelheim, Ghagiel, Irkalla etc, we might not have much pull, as power there is held by the locals. The other side of that is the beings that live in those places need permission/invitation to act on the earth.

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Hi,

It is a matter of taking into account that you trust the text and the transmission of the one who received the information from the entities relaying the transmission. This is of course if you believe in said transmission from spirits to said persons receiving illuminations.