• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Who's Holding the Wand Lore?

Ash L.

Neophyte
Reaction score
IDK if there any wand wavers about the place, but I am somewhat partial to a wand of wood in ritual or natural magical applications and so I ask any present who do wield a wand whether or not it's wooden, would you be willing point the way to whatever wand lore you have found worthwhile?

Cuz, damn. I've rarely come across any content on the topic. Sure this grimoire tells you to use Hazel and cut the wand just before sunrise and that grimoire says put these markings on it after you cut it on the day and hour of Mercury and yadda yadda but try to find a good read about the how to and how come of it all.

Over the years I've put some time into trying to "rediscover" the (I think) lost lore of this tool and I gots me a right purdy neat little method a'goin' but I'd still love to find some traditional instruction on the matter. It surely would only help my cause.

Thanks to any and all with input.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Not a lot of responses but a similar thread :

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Each wood has its own metaphysical properties, my favorite was just a thin pine with a dip in the tip I placed a copper bb and wrapped copper wire from th ball to the handle. But if you’re using a grimoire you may want to follow their method, or a different type of wood, I know Holly is popular but expensive same as black obsidian wood, which is like 5-7x more expensive than holly. Like a 1inch or 1 1/4inch by 14 inch piece of holly is $5 but the black wood is &20-30 for the same dimensions.