• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Why RHPers can't ascend to godhood

Everyone's got one.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
E.A.Koetting defines godhood as omnipotence (mastery of evocation), omnipresence (mastery of soul travel), and omniscience (mastery of divination). But why won't RHPers be able to do it and attain godhood?

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
E.A.Koetting defines godhood as omnipotence (mastery of evocation), omnipresence (mastery of soul travel), and omniscience (mastery of divination). But why won't RHPers be able to do it and attain godhood?
This is one of the worst definitions of self-divinisation I've ever read. The desire to conceptualise it with words reveals that one hasn't encountered it. Even within those limits though, Koetting's definition is an advert to sell more books.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
They don't ascend, they hop, skip, and jump. Just like the Pascal lamb before the slaughter.

They approach godliness. It's more respectful of the Almighty Source. The skipping and hopping avoids the inherent pitfalls and snares along the way

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
They don't ascend, they hop, skip, and jump. Just like the Pascal lamb before the slaughter.

They approach godliness. It's more respectful of the Almighty Source. The skipping and hopping avoids the inherent pitfalls and snares along the way

I think this also depends on which path they take. I know of a few self-identifying RHPers who's goal is to "ascend" not to godhood, but to assimilate with God, which is functionally the same thing? Am I splitting hairs here?

Also, I'm with @Wintruz. Koetting is just trying to sell books. I wouldn't take much of what he says seriously. Though, that could go for pretty much any writer of such elaborate (non)fiction.

(Side note, does anyone take Koetting seriously these days?)

Xag9

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
On the contrary to what the title implies...
i think RHPers are better for achieving godhood, enlightment or any of these spiritual ideas. the RHPers that i am talking about are Rabbis, yogis, priests etc those guys and not of the hippie drug love and light guys. most black magicians are stuck imo. one other reason why i like RHP for achieving spiritual goals is that most of their efforts are done with the intent of eliminating wordly things from their consciousness, to be desireless, inwardly silent, unmoved by anger and lust (which the absence of those mental things are indicators of one's spiritual level.) So i herebly believe those try to change and transform their inner psyche are on a higher spiritual level from black magiciains who are stuck in the same level regardless of how many spirits or spells they casted.

on a higher level, RHP and LHP are dissolved, the gateway to true power remains the same.. self control from the bottom to the top. from abstaining to jerking it or cursing to stopping the evil qlippoth oriented thoughts to manipulating energies to manipulating conciousness.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hmmm, yet another reason to ignore whatever koetting is saying.

The "Omni's" having nothing to do with deification. No monotheistic or polytheistic diety is omni anything. Source is omni everything, and we are all part of Source already.

As far as I know, deification is about expanding your consciousness.

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
There is in RHP something like 'taking a god-form' which signifies this very operation. I am both RHP and LHP simultanously which is a bit weird but it's fun to do, although I don't do it much but when I need something to happen then I do it :)

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I think this also depends on which path they take. I know of a few self-identifying RHPers who's goal is to "ascend" not to godhood, but to assimilate with God, which is functionally the same thing? Am I splitting hairs here?

Splitting hairs? Not really. I'm more guilty of that., tbh. The point I was making was about the manner in which they are approaching the divine. Sure, they'll call it ascension, but it's not really ascension. That's me splitting hairs. And they're not actually assimilating with God, it's God's will, more or less. That's also me splitting hairs. If I sat down with an RHP'er who's honest and there's fellowship between us, and they have nothing to prove ( that's a lot to ask of most, imo ) then, maybe there's some benefit in having a discussion with them about those semantic faults.

The point I was trying to make for our serpentine member, who seems to be on time-out right now, is that the RHP'er is skipping over the nearly infinite layers of negations ( that which they perceive as evil ). And that is a major boon for the RHP'er. Although they have their own unique cognitive and emotive traps inherent in their practice as well.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Isn't Hegel a RHPer? /j

Sorry, my philosophy minor is showing.
Like nearly everyone in his age he was a free-thinker when it came to display, but his algorithms were all Christian-coded. A first-rate mind in bondage to his early programming. This is not to despise him. It is simply to recognize that it's damned hard to get free of what was spooned in to one early on. (Case in point: Americans across the board are more likely to show themselves more "patriotic" about Israel than they are about their own land of birth.)

Status
Not open for further replies.