• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] why use magick?

Someone's asking for help!

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i have been studying magickal workings, fighting witchcraft attacks and using vampiric skills for over years now. right now i am getting into more clear and quiet waters and i have this knowhow. What i don't have however is a reason to start practising. i have always flowed with life and now i am at a point that i have some tools to practice with, but i am used to warring and in no way am i going to start a witchwar just for fun, because it isnt.
i am also very content with life and the spiritual insights i have, i just like magickal workings and non-human beings a lot. so how do you guys find goals and safe practice?

for example i could evoke a being to ask questions. i just dont have any questions to ask and im not very talkative in life either.
and what is the use in knowing how quantum mechanics works, if i have no further interest in working in that area. i loved the learning though, but the knowledge leaves when you dont use it.
but also, how do i practice removing a curse when there is no curse.
etc., etc., etc.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I'd probably see about branching into other areas of magic to stay occupied. Things that help you build yourself up, so that you can help deal with the other side of things even better. Things like pathworking, protection spells, enchanting objects, divination. There's a whole world of stuff that feeds into the other aspects of magic, and more than enough to keep someone busy several lifetimes over.

It's also okay to take a break anytime you need to as well. Burning out's never a good thing, just make sure good habits of practice don't die and you'll be good. Switching to new things periodically and branching out is honestly the best strategy when it comes to pacing yourself, as well as keeping from getting bored.

Alfher

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Look up and ponder Jason Miller’s notions of Strategic Sorcery and living an Enchantable Life.

Thing about magic is, it’s a fundamental layer of reality at all times and in all aspects of life…and it is a layer you are now tuned into. Witch wars are dumb and a waste of time and I hope you don’t get sucked back into that, but you will probably never fully turn the magic off now that it’s on. Even if you lose all your spiritual authority and power, the spiritual world will still be there in the background of life.

No matter what aspect of life you wish to explore now that you have peace, no matter what your living situation is like or what your career goals are or what your love life looks like….magic can be used to help every aspect of life.

Most importantly, perhaps, you can use your wisdom to interact with life and nature more harmoniously. Offering proper respect and offerings to your local spirits so they can uplift you and your community around you, healing generational trauma by working with your ancestors to raise your whole family up, and helping others who get into trouble and can’t get out of it alone are just some of the things I work on.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@scottish:
you mention protective spells and today my father in law offers me a special ring with over 30 protectionspells. he gave it to me with the words: since you are interested in magick, this is for you. how nice of sync is that :)

also,what are enchanted objects?

as much as i like to sometimes, taking a break from the occult side of life is not something i can get my head around. thankfully im at a point that i can accept that. but you are very right at the boredom. life seems dull after you fight a demon,etc.

thanks for all the ideas

@Alfher:
i am most definitely going to look up that book. the titel seems complimetary to what i do. and that is actually what i am looking for. i have studied texts that dont combine and it left me a broken brain. cool teachings though, but not liveable.

your last alinea is what i do too. only i have a very big problem staying in this world, as such is my nature. i have tried mundane things to keep me more in the here, but i just became to hate the world. so that was no good ride and it took me over almost whole my life to realise that ( looking back anyways). so i finally realised that i love the occult, love my path and need some anchors.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You don't have to be an occultist for material results, which I believe can come easily enough anyway once you are plugged in, even without rituals. I became an occultist firstly for spiritual reason. Take another aim. Try to become developed enough to see spirits. Or take up the energy work of Robert Bruce and learn to Astral project. You'll become a richer person in your self along the way, which I think you'll find is worthwhile.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks jackson. It is silly sometimes how i cant figure to think of such ideas. Do you perhaps have litterature on learning to see spirits? I feel and hear them, but never was able to see them.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
also,what are enchanted objects?

Anytime you bind a spell to a physical item, you can say it’s being enchanted. This is a whole art in and of itself, and pretty much anything can be enchanted, so possibilities are endless. Amulets and other jewelry, for example, are very common to do. You can also use corresponding gemstones, herbs and colors to your advantage to add extra “oomph”.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oww of course. I have done that once for better sleep and it didnt work. No clue why. But that was years ago and nothing worked back then.

It would be nice to do that again, but this time make it work.