• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Winter to Spring

Galahad

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Noun
Galahad (plural Galahads)
  1. A man considered to be pure, noble, or chivalrous.
Etymology
From Old French Galahad, of obscure origin and meaning. Suggestions include Old Welsh Gwalchaved, meaning "Falcon of Summer".
As with all true magical names, this is less a claimed status and more an aspiration.

I mulled over maintaining my storied, now deactivated account (as the kids will tell you, dead naming is, literally, a hate crime) but following my recent revolution of consciousness, I wanted to write unencumbered by words which no longer circumscribe where I am. Let the old stand for itself, it may be a sign on someone else's road as it once was mine.

My Initiatory interests focus on the purification of consciousness, removing what is inessential, carving the marble until the Angel is set free. I try to live by the words of Plotinus:
Withdraw into yourself and look. And if you do not find yourself beautiful yet, act as does the creator of a statue that is to be made beautiful: he cuts away here, he smoothes there, he makes this line lighter, this other purer, until a lovely face has grown upon his work. So do you also: cut away all that is excessive, straighten all that is crooked, bring light to all that is overcast, labour to make all one glow of beauty and never cease chiselling your statue, until there shall shine out on you from it the godlike splendour of virtue, until you shall see the perfect goodness surely established in the stainless shrine ― Plotinus
From having very wide nets ("I want to study and practice everything"), over the years I have discovered which systems have resonated most deeply with my soul. I had a two-decade sojourn on the Western Left Hand Path where I understood the animating power of the Path to be Gurdjieff's Fourth Way. The Fourth Way remains an important part of my Work, as does Sufism generally and its roots in Greece and Platonism. I have also found value in the Martinist "Way of the Heart" and traditionalist, European uses of alchemy and tarot. Other major interests are summarised in Vampyrism and the Arthurian tradition.

I'm happy to be in touch with anyone about these subjects. I prowl around much of Western Europe.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Your aspirations are noble and I am happy to see you return with the intent of dropping away all that is not you-in-truth.

I wish you good fortunes in your dharma and look forward to reading what you share. Your interests also align with Zen & Daoist self-cultivation, perhaps that may be a vein of interest for you down the line.

Regardless, welcome back and happy hunting 🦉

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
As with all true magical names, this is less a claimed status and more an aspiration.

I mulled over maintaining my storied, now deactivated account (as the kids will tell you, dead naming is, literally, a hate crime) but following my recent revolution of consciousness, I wanted to write unencumbered by words which no longer circumscribe where I am. Let the old stand for itself, it may be a sign on someone else's road as it once was mine.

My Initiatory interests focus on the purification of consciousness, removing what is inessential, carving the marble until the Angel is set free. I try to live by the words of Plotinus:

From having very wide nets ("I want to study and practice everything"), over the years I have discovered which systems have resonated most deeply with my soul. I had a two-decade sojourn on the Western Left Hand Path where I understood the animating power of the Path to be Gurdjieff's Fourth Way. The Fourth Way remains an important part of my Work, as does Sufism generally and its roots in Greece and Platonism. I have also found value in the Martinist "Way of the Heart" and traditionalist, European uses of alchemy and tarot. Other major interests are summarised in Vampyrism and the Arthurian tradition.

I'm happy to be in touch with anyone about these subjects. I prowl around much of Western Europe.
Welcome back! I guess. Nice!

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Love that bit about a name as an aspiration.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

I’m very glad to see that you are remaining active and hope that all continues to be well with you.

I recently got a physical copy of Don Webb’s book on Vampyrism and will probably begin posting on LHP areas of the board soon and would welcome any insights you might have in the future.

I echo the sentiments of it being a great idea to create a name that you strive embody.

Glad you are back!!

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I’m very glad to see that you are remaining active and hope that all continues to be well with you.

I recently got a physical copy of Don Webb’s book on Vampyrism and will probably begin posting on LHP areas of the board soon and would welcome any insights you might have in the future.

I echo the sentiments of it being a great idea to create a name that you strive embody.

Glad you are back!!
Wintruz started an online thread for people working through the Webb book. (See the Journals section.) He left the forum due to his path taking an unexpected fork, though. He posted a reading list in the thread. I seriously suggest working through Webb's course as outlined in the book. (I am in the second month at the moment.)