• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Witch Brew

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Here is a recipe for a nice warm drink to prepare before going to the Dreamland. I based it on correspondences given in
the Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott Cunningham
and the Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells by Judikka Illes

Pretty much all of these ingredients are easy to get a hold of if you are living in a country. According to the two books mentioned above, all of these innocent plants have the power to stimulate and enhance your psychic, astral and lucid dreaming skills.

Here's the list

bay (psychic awareness)
cinnamon (psychic awareness)
clove (psychic awareness)
ginger (magical power)
mugwort (psychic dreams)
parsley (flying ointment)
peppermint (psychic awareness)
rosemary (protection, sleep, intellectual powers)
rose petals (psychic dreams)
star anise (psychic dreams)
vanilla (magical power)

I didn't have fresh ginger and a vanilla pod, so I used powder and aroma for those, and I didn't really think about amounts: from the vanilla aroma I used a splash, the rest of the ingredients as they are in the pic.

Broke everything down into small bits by hand in my French coffee press, murmuring an ad-lib spell before adding boiling water (about enough for 1 coffee), and then let it sit for 11 minutes (chose that number because there are 11 ingredients), then poured into a wine glass.

It looks like granny's piss, and smells nice too. The mugwort isn't ruining it with its bitterness, the ginger, the clove and cinnamon make it nice and warming, and the star anise and vanilla give it a light sweetness.
Really not unpleasant as a warm drink.

I drank it luke-warm about an hour before going to bed and slept well. In my dream I was wrestling with a large worm / snake in my bed (I know..) and stabbed it to death. I am marking this as a success and will likely repeat.

aadsfgfng fdvd.jpg