• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Wondering the ethics of an experiment

Someone's asking for help!

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm doing an experiment of sorts about influencing people and I wanted to ask if it is unethical or not what I intend to do.

My experiment is quite simple, I'll do some work to try to influence one person to start to think about me(as in wanting to know about me, nothing romantic, more like a feeling of curiosity), but here is the catch: the person will be a complete stranger who won't know who I am.

The reason why I'll be doing the experiment on a stranger is because I want to see how much I can influence someone that I have no links with, if I can even influence someone I have no links with.Plus I want to avoid screwing already existent relationships nor have them influence my work/results with bias.

By the end of the experiment I will just stop what I am doing and regardless if the experiment bore actual results or not, with time whatever link that was created by it will naturally fall apart and they will be none the wiser for it.

Still I have to ask, is it ethical to do an experiment that might or might not work, on someone that has no clue that there is work being done on them?
Again, my intent isn't to create a bond or influence them into a relationship.The intent is to see if I can influence strangers, that's it.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Mmmm i really was thinking yesterday where you were, so its working. You did influence the relation btw, but it was in the complimentary sense and there was no, i repeat NO yelling in my head.

The heatflashes are doable, but in the older women lane, people think its heatflashes due to menopause. And they are going to the doctor for it. I have been searching for female medicine for a while now and i hope to get insights i can write about, while i help heal.
Post automatically merged:

btw, before you jump in and say yeah but i didnt mean you or i was just asking advice not doing it yet. it could be 2 great minds think alike. just please dont get angry over it, cause often people run when i reply as if we just did a mutual thought. ( i got some very bad experiences with that)

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'm doing an experiment of sorts about influencing people and I wanted to ask if it is unethical or not what I intend to do.

My experiment is quite simple, I'll do some work to try to influence one person to start to think about me(as in wanting to know about me, nothing romantic, more like a feeling of curiosity), but here is the catch: the person will be a complete stranger who won't know who I am.

The reason why I'll be doing the experiment on a stranger is because I want to see how much I can influence someone that I have no links with, if I can even influence someone I have no links with.Plus I want to avoid screwing already existent relationships nor have them influence my work/results with bias.

By the end of the experiment I will just stop what I am doing and regardless if the experiment bore actual results or not, with time whatever link that was created by it will naturally fall apart and they will be none the wiser for it.

Still I have to ask, is it ethical to do an experiment that might or might not work, on someone that has no clue that there is work being done on them?
Again, my intent isn't to create a bond or influence them into a relationship.The intent is to see if I can influence strangers, that's it.

When I saw the question of ethics in the title, this is not at all what I would have imagined it would pertain to.

Not to be rude, but I swear I see modern occultists hand-wringing over ethics for the most mild experiments of all time. :LOL:
Even the most "RHP" oldschool adepts engaged in far more invasive activities in comparison to this on a daily basis without a second thought.
And that's not even to mention all the Celestial Intelligences that weave our fates and inspire our actions without our knowledge throughout our entire existence.

This experiment you have in mind is as tame and neutral as it gets, hun, you'll be fine. :ROFLMAO:
Don't worry about it.
This is roughly just a version of giving someone a psychic "ping", and even normal people can accidentally do things like that sometimes by merely thinking about someone under the right conditions.

Reaction score
Awards

This is an age old psychology trick.
Example 1: cafeteria nose scratching.
Stare at someone in particular. The more seemingly strong willed the better.
Scratch your nose.
Continue staring at them.
When they scratch their nose, look away.

Experiment two...
Walk past someone looking at them.
Opposite sex usually works better.
More out of shape the better.
Feel their Stare. This is the key secret.
Look back to catch eye contact.
Contact or not, let it go.
Post automatically merged:

The ethics of either of these experiments, is really just a matter of psychology. Either the person will or will not.

Reaction score
Awards
you are definitely overthinking it, even if you set out to hurt a stranger on purpose who is to say they did not deserve it? if all you are doing is saying "hello" then that is socially acceptable, i say hello to people i dont know all the time, none seem offended

i engage in far more obtrusive behavior, both overtly and covertly, if you dont feel bad about the consequences then go for it, as long as you get what you need there is no downside to making people do what you want