• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Yeats, A Vision

Talk about a book(s)

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I read this for the first time this Spring. At the time I was impressed, till he mentioned how the spirits themselves expressed surprise at what they dictated. A curious situation: a gobsmacked secretary taking dictation for an equally nonplussed coterie of spirit authors. The book IS haunting, but I am not sure it leads anywhere? Maybe it warrants a second, closer read.
Anyone else read the book? reactions?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I think John Michael Greer intends to make A Vision his next book club reading, after he finishes with Levi's Doctrine and Ritual of High Magic.

I should read A Vision. ... Maybe after I make myself get through Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson by Gurdjieff.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Be prepared to read a few pages then set the thing aside for a spell to ponder. It can grow on you, despite my somewhat lukewarm assessment above.