• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Your seal

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Assuming you have a unique character or symbol that you associate with.

How do you incorporate it in your Magick? Do you base rituals on it etc?

I have a symbol that (to me) represents connection to my Magickal persona, and I use it in almost all rituals. As a sign of authority, blessing and even recognition. I had a couple of hoodies and a beanie embroidered with it. Dope yo.
I also engraved it into a piece of slate that functions as a small altar to my Magickal self.

I only shared it with one person. Was a big deal to me. She didn't give a fck 🤣

How do you use yours?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I have a bind rune that I add to every digital art or photography image the I post online. I use it for protection of my art. I mean, I post it for free use. It's the a-holes that steal it and sell it. I don't make any money off my art, why should someone else. A pox on their sex bits!

I remember that whole process of creating the bind rune was not only easy, but very meditative. Plus it's an artistic process, so even better. In this case, I used English letters instead of runes and stacked the letters, rather than using something like a radial layout. I'm generally drawn to runes (I have a couple sets I hand made), but it didn't feel right for this.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't yet have a personal identifying sigil like that... though I sometimes use my signature. Hmm I should probably create one though... not sure why I havent already... probably never had a use for it...

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
There's a sigil. It ends up marking most of my most personal things (strangely, not any of my tools, just like, boxes and notebooks and the occasional graffiti), but it's not associated with my immortal identity, just the current iteration of meat; I wouldn't put it on my staff for instance.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think they've used say national flags to do magic like the Dragon on the flag of Wales.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I think they've used say national flags to do magic like the Dragon on the flag of Wales.
Well, yes. The European flags and heraldry are magical. Our flag is just a horizontal red, white and blue striped one, but there's an orange one with a black lion on it that is ours too. Mostly used surrounding international sports events.
Like the eagle of the US and the bear of Russia, the Lion is an emblem the Dutch people "invoke".

Hieronymus

Neophyte
Reaction score
I had several developing in time, with the main theme sort of staying there but differences in the rendition reflecting the currents I worked with. Just ordered a ring with a new design I made - If it reflects your position as a magician in your paradigm, it may be just as powerful (or even more so) as a traditional all-round symbol from an established tradition. If you create something yourself and link it to this kind of omnipotency paradigm, it's a very workable tool.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
Assuming you have a unique character or symbol that you associate with.

How do you incorporate it in your Magick? Do you base rituals on it etc?

I have a symbol that (to me) represents connection to my Magickal persona, and I use it in almost all rituals. As a sign of authority, blessing and even recognition. I had a couple of hoodies and a beanie embroidered with it. Dope yo.
I also engraved it into a piece of slate that functions as a small altar to my Magickal self.

I only shared it with one person. Was a big deal to me. She didn't give a fck 🤣

How do you use yours?

I've always had a kind of "characteristic" in terms of my energies which I often get manifested on me and around me, however in my practices, these things had less "role" to play, but had proper value in terms of empowering myself, recharge.

In spite of this, I've decided to use own sigils, crystals, incenses and different elements to support people who asked for help from me. I've noticed that approaching a Soul like you'd do to other entities, can help some people to be able to focus easier on me, my energy and feel it, so I've created personalised sigils and suggested different tools for this purpose. Many magickians are "feel the need" to hold onto tools like this, which is not a problem, however with this attitude you set up your own limits, and effectiveness of your magic. Since you are the magic, you are the carrier of the power and energy, you are the source, not the tools you actually use - these can help, but by themselves, they won't do the trick.

In my works, psychology was always a great part, a very important one when it comes to other people - but same true in my case, I prefer to always keep an eye on myself and the current situation as a third person, leaving behind my emotions and observing myself with sheer rationality -, because it is a very core of magick itself, and lot of people have barriers. A lot of barriers. So when I used my tools, personalized my items and sigils for a cause while working with someone (cleansing, banishing, "taking out entities", protection, training/teaching etc.) I always try to pay attention to they traits, mindset, nature and working on them too. We can even say that working with me might involve a kind of psychological "therapy" for a greater cause, to reach your own self and manifest your energy, powrers and knowledge. Some people need tools to getting helped out, and so I provide them, based on the details.

This may also indicate why I don't use self-created tools.
@Yazata I only shared it with one person. Was a big deal to me. She didn't give a fck 🤣

God damn it, this is sounds so awful.​