• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Your Signature Line

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Some folks get a signature line and never vary it a jot. Others change lines as often as their drunk bachelor uncle changes his boxers. In either case, why did/do you choose your signature line? Me, I generally use whatever striking I ran across in the week's readings or what I found reason to quote in other writings. Sort of like an online bumper sticker or T-shirt. My present signature was inspired by the ongoing morass of the Yank POTUS Sweepstakes. Y'all?

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Mother's language is Ottawa(Algonquin, same as Ojibwe) and it is an amusing phrase as there is no actual word for Blueberry pie in the langage, so the word is what makes up the contents of a bluberry pie.

Taken from the Ojibwe Wiktionary:
Literally " cooked to jellied preserve that lies in layers in which the face is covered in bread", from
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(“blueberry”) +‎
(“jam, preserves”) +‎
(“layered”) +‎
(“to lie with face covered”) +‎
(“bread”).

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Mother's language is Ottawa(Algonquin, same as Ojibwe) and it is an amusing phrase as there is no actual word for Blueberry pie in the langage, so the word is what makes up the contents of a bluberry pie.

Literally " cooked to jellied preserve that lies in layers in which the face is covered in bread", from
(“blueberry”) +‎
(“jam, preserves”) +‎
(“layered”) +‎
(“bread”).
Definitely "code talker" level cryptographic material, I'd never have gotten it for sure! They didn't have Wiktionary!

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

(“blueberry”) +‎
(“jam, preserves”) +‎
(“layered”) +‎
(“bread”).
That's almost a recipe.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
just brute honesty.
A good signature line is like the morning's first shot of Smögen: make them eyes it opens water as well. Water away like the "Mannekin Pis" hisself.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Inside of you are two wolves, I choose my signature line based off of which one I'm having a beer with on a given day.
30d3419e1eb55a19224f8bd7ee79970e15f1daa6.gif

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I have a line from one of my favorite games, that I've heard a lot and liked. Funny thing: I misheard and then probably programmed myself that the guy is saying something he did not. Figured it out when I finally managed to turn on subtitles.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I have a line from one of my favorite games, that I've heard a lot and liked. Funny thing: I misheard and then probably programmed myself that the guy is saying something he did not. Figured it out when I finally managed to turn on subtitles.
Some of the best understandings are mis-understandings. There's an Ernest DeSchoening tale where a professor has a philosophy class discuss the dictum, "Walk with light." The class gets into it and, at session's end, someone asks the prof who said it. "I suppose it's apocryphal," Dr. Kalliskagathos suddenly begin to stammer. "You see it's posted above the crosswalk at West Mall and Guadalupe Avenue."

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
When life is hard it reminds me to stay positive and don’t take it out on others “Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds” in return I become a better version of myself and not the person I used to be nor the person I want to become.
My old signature probably woulda said “I want blood, I don’t get even”. Still true but I keep that part of me in check.

Last edited: