• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Zodiacal Magic Question

Reaction score
Awards
If I were to try to do a Mars working for example, where Mars is currently retrograde in Gemini, does that mean I should focus on Taurus as the vessel for the force, or does that mean that due to retrograde, whatever done would be a flop? What is the result if the sign is in a reverse element sign, or its ruler is on the other side of the houses? (Such as Jupiter in Aries, or a Libra working where Saturn is in Aquarius?)

If this is common knowledge, please forgive me, many times my understanding of a subject hinges on questions like these.
I will do my own research as well. Just wondering if anyone knows offhand and cares to answer.

Thanks in advance.
Post automatically merged:

Found this term in The Astrology Book, while searching for non exstent "Retrograde":
REFRANATION
Refranation is a technical term used in horary astrology referring to a situation in which a planet turns retrograde (reverses its apparent motion) before it completes an aspect to which it has been applying. In such a situation, the matter for which the horary chart was cast will not result in a successful conclusion.

So it appears aiming for a planet in retrograde is not a solid decision.
Post automatically merged:

ANOTHER QUESTION
Is there a way we can "trip" or "trigger" a planet to go retrograde for a day, or would that be a situation like Elijah holding the sun in place for a day? Is it out of our scope of power to be able to do so? Like perhaps Mars or Saturn put in a year of retrograde to minimize curses :D ?

Last edited:

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't pay too much (or any) attention to retrograde anymore. But if you would want to then perhaps in your example Mars would "attack" the characteristics of Gemini rather than give it its power.
Or, as Gemini is opposite Sagittarius focus on that instead

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Take this with a huge grain of salt, but I always treat retrogrades as a time for reflection, assessment, and planning, but not execution. The sign would indicate to me the nature of reflection or planning. I (personally) wouldn’t worry about zodiacal opposites.