• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Plant spirits

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this has been broached before but what experience has anyone here had with communicating with plant spirits? Once, a yearvpr so ago, I was really excited after picking a flea bane flower and while casually observing it the sunlight, noticed an aura coming off of it like a trail of smoke. I was able to see auras as a kid ( I thought everyone did. I sit in church bored out of my mind at age seven and observed all the pretty colors around people. But I thought it was normal and everyone did it)
But I lost that ability as I grew older so I was excited to see it on a plant. I sometimes get the feeling I am downloading something off of a peace lily I have in my bedroom. I'd love to be able to tap into the wisdom that plants have to offer. So....any experience from anyone?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
There’s a tree in my backyard I try to connect with frequently. It’s been a unique kind of communication, it seems to speak to me in feelings and vague impressions rather than in any sort of logical detail. Last year it was quite lonely and wanted some attention, and had a little bit of fear or anxiety. I started taking better care of the yard, keeping it clean and the grass tended to regularly, and making sure it got some water during the bad dry spells. That helped with the fear-feeling. I got a puppy a few months ago and his lead gets tied around that tree. Since then the tree has felt busy and distracted instead of lonely.

I have never received revelations or inspirations from plants though. In fact, trees seem to be the only ones that I am able to communicate with, and the trees that give anything significant (like the one in my backyard) are few and far between.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
There’s a tree in my backyard I try to connect with frequently. It’s been a unique kind of communication, it seems to speak to me in feelings and vague impressions rather than in any sort of logical detail. Last year it was quite lonely and wanted some attention, and had a little bit of fear or anxiety. I started taking better care of the yard, keeping it clean and the grass tended to regularly, and making sure it got some water during the bad dry spells. That helped with the fear-feeling. I got a puppy a few months ago and his lead gets tied around that tree. Since then the tree has felt busy and distracted instead of lonely.

I have never received revelations or inspirations from plants though. In fact, trees seem to be the only ones that I am able to communicate with, and the trees that give anything significant (like the one in my backyard) are few and far between.
I kind of gathered that's all I would get. That's what I get from my peace lily. But a vague impression is better than nothing. Maybe trees are better at conveying communication becauase they have been around longer and have had more time to learn to attune to us.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Quite often when out in nature I will feel I am being watched, and looking around find a space that is watching me.

The watcher is usually a nature spirit (lesser deva)

Important trees often have a nature spirit anchored in the top. Hence Gautama Buddha was enlightened under a Bodhi tree.

Bodhi tree spirits are of the element Air. Air connects to the heart (buddhic plane). Hence Gautama was able to stabilise above the mental plane with the help of that deva.

Reaction score
Awards
I've used trees before to look for my lost cat.
Nature spirits seem to have a sense of humor.
They had me circle around the building to go back inside, where my cat was waiting for me.

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
I kind of gathered that's all I would get. That's what I get from my peace lily. But a vague impression is better than nothing. Maybe trees are better at conveying communication becauase they have been around longer and have had more time to learn to attune to us.
That's all I get, too, and I have to really know the plant. Which is to say, I can do that with the three, huge, "grandfather oaks" in the back yard, and with the nightshade that runs rampant (and is very happy I'm the first person to live in our house who doesn't rip it out), and with our wild lemon balm, but it took me years to start to be able to get glimmerings from my succulents. Possibly because I am a truly atrocious gardener.

That said, my youngest daughter from the time she was still in a stroller and could barely talk herself, will demand we stop at random trees, where she will visibly, silently, talk to them. It's so obvious she's talking to them that random people passing by will notice it and get completely confused, because they can't see anyone. At nine, now, she still can't quite describe it, except that she's "being friends" with them. Interestingly, though, she's asked them specific questions, and appears to get back very clear knowledge; specifically things like, the way to get home when she's lost, where to look for a bird or animal, how the tree is doing (she told me our crabapple was just healing from a storm and was going to live, when every professional tree person told me it was a lost cause and to take it down, and wouldn't you know, she was right), if there was going to be more snow. She certainly doesn't bring attention to herself, doing it, so I tend to take her word for it.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
That's all I get, too, and I have to really know the plant. Which is to say, I can do that with the three, huge, "grandfather oaks" in the back yard, and with the nightshade that runs rampant (and is very happy I'm the first person to live in our house who doesn't rip it out), and with our wild lemon balm, but it took me years to start to be able to get glimmerings from my succulents. Possibly because I am a truly atrocious gardener.

That said, my youngest daughter from the time she was still in a stroller and could barely talk herself, will demand we stop at random trees, where she will visibly, silently, talk to them. It's so obvious she's talking to them that random people passing by will notice it and get completely confused, because they can't see anyone. At nine, now, she still can't quite describe it, except that she's "being friends" with them. Interestingly, though, she's asked them specific questions, and appears to get back very clear knowledge; specifically things like, the way to get home when she's lost, where to look for a bird or animal, how the tree is doing (she told me our crabapple was just healing from a storm and was going to live, when every professional tree person told me it was a lost cause and to take it down, and wouldn't you know, she was right), if there was going to be more snow. She certainly doesn't bring attention to herself, doing it, so I tend to take her word for it.
What an incredible gift!

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Ok so a little update here. I spent a good two hours in the rain this past Friday weeding my garden. It was a little muddy but I was enjoying it. Except for that annoying crabgrass which was the majority of what i was tackling. Sometimes I could pull it up by the roots and sometimes it was so slippery I just ended up breaking it off. Anyway, after a while of that, satisfied with my work I went off to do other things. Weird thing is, every time I closed my eyes, I saw the spreading form of crabgrass in my mind. I thought, Whoa, I've been around the crab grass too long and didn't think anything of it.
Then I had an image flash in my head of a stem of crabgrass wrapping itself around the first joint of a human finger and viciously tightening till the tip fell off. That startled me and I thought, is that the spirit of crabgrass telling me how it felt about my weeding it out of my garden and what it would like to do to me? Am I going crazy, or did I have too much of an idea that communicating with plant spirits was going to be a Kumbahya experience and this is what I got? 🤣

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I recall the woman next door hacking away at a bush on our boundary. I was surprised that the bush was not upset so asked the woman - who always seemed very ordinary to me.

She replied that plants were like children. It was necessary to talk to them explaining what you were doing as you did it

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
On the garden where I live, I made a profound connection with a particular Tree. It's trunk is small, but it has tall branches, and spreads good amount of leaves. It looks like it is burned, but it is not. I call it my Guardian Tree. I hug it most of the time, and I would sit under it. I Love that Tree. I felt, that it was calling me. Awesome!!!

Hazel

Neophyte
Reaction score
I have a few 200 year old oaks on my property, they definitely have strong spirits and I enjoy my time with them. It can be interesting to spend some time with plants and then look up correspondences or attributions and see if your impressions concur.

Reaction score
Awards
I once had a nervous breakdown because four teenagers were flashing gang sign and shouting at me.
I was waiting for the bus, and barely made it to the closest tree, and hugged it as if my life depended on it.
It worked, I calmed down quickly.
Trees are like parents, they don't need an explanation, they just return security assurance and love.
Post automatically merged:

I recommend reading The Alchemists Handbook by Frater Albertus. It discusses the salts derived and the essences derived from the three kingdoms, that all have their own differing rate of vibration .. likely the auras you see is actually their vibration being observed by you.

Last edited:

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Look up @Scottish_Pride 's threads on here. He seems to be the one with most knowledge and experience in this.
Lol sorry, been busy af and have had no time to be on here for a while. But yeah, if you wanna look through some of the posts I’ve made they may help. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll try to answer

Ok so a little update here. I spent a good two hours in the rain this past Friday weeding my garden. It was a little muddy but I was enjoying it. Except for that annoying crabgrass which was the majority of what i was tackling. Sometimes I could pull it up by the roots and sometimes it was so slippery I just ended up breaking it off. Anyway, after a while of that, satisfied with my work I went off to do other things. Weird thing is, every time I closed my eyes, I saw the spreading form of crabgrass in my mind. I thought, Whoa, I've been around the crab grass too long and didn't think anything of it.
Then I had an image flash in my head of a stem of crabgrass wrapping itself around the first joint of a human finger and viciously tightening till the tip fell off. That startled me and I thought, is that the spirit of crabgrass telling me how it felt about my weeding it out of my garden and what it would like to do to me? Am I going crazy, or did I have too much of an idea that communicating with plant spirits was going to be a Kumbahya experience and this is what I got? 🤣
Hahaha yeah…..plants are a lot like people, and very much have a mind of their own. Some have a real temper no matter what you do, some are chill or passive as long as you don’t mess with them. Some are nice and it does feel more like a kumbaya experience. I’ve found that last one is most common with old-growth trees tbh.

Also remember, for pretty much all of them the goal is to get as far in life as they can. Whether that be as an annual living to at least scatter tons of seeds in its inevitable brief life, or a tree living on to be centuries old.

Sometimes I’ve found if I have to weed my garden, the most humane thing to do is pull them up as young as possible and get it all in one go. Often that last part is easier in wet soil. Especially for tree saplings that pop up, I’ve heard quite a few express how insulting it is to let them get just a little bigger, only to then have their life cut short. As if they’d rather spend that time trying again in the next life. Though I feel plant reincarnation is UPG to me so far. Sadly not a lot of sources to fact-check it, even though it makes sense I suppose.

If you do find yourself getting into working with plants in this way, I think you may find it very rewarding. Maybe it’s not as sexy as summoning a bunch of demons or whatever, but you learn so much and have so much to gain. Especially if you do spellwork with herbs of any sort, sometimes rote correspondences only tell you so much. Getting a feel for what each one is like makes things go together so much better.

I’ve often found the bigger and older the plant, the easier it is to communicate with. As if it’s simply a bigger presence, and easier to latch onto with your mind. Who knows the real reason, though

That is super cool! Hopefully your daughter is able to hone that skill and not lose it, like so many people seem to lose psychic gifts into adulthood these days. It’s cool that you as a parent don’t try to dismiss her or say it’s not real, either. I personally had this sort of talent show at around 10 years old, but always felt I had to hide it from everyone else while continuing to practice. Even with the same sort of learning about things that would come to pass, that couldn’t be explained otherwise.

Last edited:

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
Also remember, for pretty much all of them the goal is to get as far in life as they can. Whether that be as an annual living to at least scatter tons of seeds in its inevitable brief life, or a tree living on to be centuries old.
I leave a bit of my yard in the back wild, for wildlife and wildflowers, but I live in the city, and recently got a complaint and orders that everything, including my gardens, have to be essentially mowed. (I live in the sort of place where flowers are tolerated, not welcome, and if it doesn't have a flower, it's a weed, end of story.) There's a little patch of thistles I leave alone in the back, because I also have Scottish blood, and also, the birds out here love them. As I started the process of cutting things back and seeing what I could save, I took this thread to heart and spent that time trying as best I could to explain what was going on and why I had to do it. The strongest response I got back that I didn't expect was from the thistles. They were DELIGHTED. Out here, it's been hot, and they've all bloomed and gone to seed. The overwhelming image I got back was the picture of all the seeds going flying with every cut, and how the rhizomes would spread underground while it's warm. They wouldn't slowly die in the heat and dry, and as far as they're concerned, there'll be a thistle for every yard, next spring.

I don't want to be the person who reported me. I don't know who it was, but I suspect they do, and thistles, I think, have a love of vengeance.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Lol sorry, been busy af and have had no time to be on here for a while. But yeah, if you wanna look through some of the posts I’ve made they may help. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll try to answer

Hahaha yeah…..plants are a lot like people, and very much have a mind of their own. Some have a real temper no matter what you do, some are chill or passive as long as you don’t mess with them. Some are nice and it does feel more like a kumbaya experience. I’ve found that last one is most common with old-growth trees tbh.

Sometimes I’ve found if I have to weed my garden, the most humane thing to do is pull them up as young as possible and get it all in one go. Often that last part is easier in wet soil. Especially for tree saplings that pop up, I’ve heard quite a few express how insulting it is to let them get just a little bigger, only to then have their life cut short. As if they’d rather spend that time trying again in the next life. Though I feel plant reincarnation is UPG to me so far. Sadly not a lot of sources to fact-check it, even though it makes sense I suppose.

If you do find yourself getting into working with plants in this way, I think you may find it very rewarding. Maybe it’s not as sexy as summoning a bunch of demons or whatever, but you learn so much and have so much to gain. Especially if you do spellwork with herbs of any sort, sometimes rote correspondences only tell you so much. Getting a feel for what each one is like makes things go together so much better.

I’ve often found the bigger and older the plant, the easier it is to communicate with. As if it’s simply a bigger presence, and easier to latch onto with your mind. Who knows the real reason, though

That is super cool! Hopefully your daughter is able to hone that skill and not lose it, like so many people seem to lose psychic gifts into adulthood these days. It’s cool that you as a parent don’t try to dismiss her or say it’s not real, either. I personally had this sort of talent show at around 10 years old, but always felt I had to hide it from everyone else while continuing to practice. Even with the same sort of learning about things that would come to pass, that couldn’t be explained otherwise.
Scottish Pride OMG!! Good to see you!

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I saw this doc on PBS years ago and thought it was creepy-cool. I have always believed that all of Nature is ensouled - even rocks have a sense of being. I even knew plants have a kind of consciousness but it never occurred to me that they could have things like strategy. Apparently, they can retaliate against too much predations - and some of them can dance!
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Fungi are weirder. I saw another doc talking about how microscopic fungi interlacing a forest floor can actually function like a sprawling brain - it is the mind of a forest. And of course they talk to the trees... you are being watched.