• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Plant spirits

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Fungi are weirder. I saw another doc talking about how microscopic fungi interlacing a forest floor can actually function like a sprawling brain - it is the mind of a forest. And of course they talk to the trees... you are being watched.
I highly recommend Merlin Sheldrake's book on fungi "Entangled Life"
Post automatically merged:

The closest I've come to communicating with plant spirits are some people I've worked with, who just needed to be watered and turned towards the light occasionally...

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Merlin Sheldrake's book on fungi "Entangled Life"
Thank you for the recommendation, sir. This could be relevant to an experiment I am performing - it is slowing creeping forward (outward? upward?) in spite of what would seem to me to be all the wrong conditions. With aid of Harut and Marut I shall know whether or not the "cat is in the bag", so to speak.

Slightly relevant general query:
Any dehydration recommendations? Anyone?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Did you watch it? I thought you said you couldn't get Youtube in your country.

Everything dies. Everything gets recycled. We see the drama at ground level and forget the "Omnia unum est."

Sounds like most people. But the "weakness in shifting" only appears relative to the one who rests in the illusion of his own strength. But a plant, or tree is closer to the pristine awareness of the primal, the fundamental Will clawing its way into manifest existence, IMO.

All philosophy is mostly speculation.

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death's dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.
Yeah, but Whitehead was more upfront about it. I used to like the guy's stuff (heck, I even wrote my MA thesis about him for Charles Hartshorne* who rubbed elbows with him). Still and all, I have to say Alf's methodology amounted to "Prove my musings wrong."

* shameful name-dropping