• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Plant spirits

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I saw this doc on PBS years ago and thought it was creepy-cool. I have always believed that all of Nature is ensouled - even rocks have a sense of being. I even knew plants have a kind of consciousness but it never occurred to me that they could have things like strategy. Apparently, they can retaliate against too much predations - and some of them can dance!
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Fungi are weirder. I saw another doc talking about how microscopic fungi interlacing a forest floor can actually function like a sprawling brain - it is the mind of a forest. And of course they talk to the trees... you are being watched.
That sounds interesting!

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Wow!! Good for you.,. Looks like everything is going well for you?
Eh, at least I’m not dying from the heat anymore. Still gonna take a bit to get to where I wanna be in life here, but working on it. On the bright side, there’s a whole new set of plants I’ve never even seen before that I could write about when I’ve got time.
Post automatically merged:

I saw this doc on PBS years ago and thought it was creepy-cool. I have always believed that all of Nature is ensouled - even rocks have a sense of being. I even knew plants have a kind of consciousness but it never occurred to me that they could have things like strategy. Apparently, they can retaliate against too much predations - and some of them can dance!

Fungi are weirder. I saw another doc talking about how microscopic fungi interlacing a forest floor can actually function like a sprawling brain - it is the mind of a forest. And of course they talk to the trees... you are being watched.
You see, this shit right here is why it’s ridiculous how much focus is put solely on teaching kids about animals in school biology. Imagine how much they’d suddenly be paying attention, the second a teacher mentions “sprawling fungus brain”.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
fuck your back! so happy youre ok. how are your plants doing, mine finally are staying alive. i went tru a very dark spot with home and all sort off. damn im happy your good. lol freakin scary Halloween you guys have ;)🖤

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
fuck your back! so happy youre ok. how are your plants doing, mine finally are staying alive. i went tru a very dark spot with home and all sort off. damn im happy your good. lol freakin scary Halloween you guys have ;)🖤
Yeah I’m fine, just been a busy af summer. I had to leave some of my plants behind with family when I moved, because I could only fit so much in the car. And of course, all the ones in the ground I had to leave behind as well. Hopefully I’ve given them a good start, and they can withstand the ever-more-unhinged weather of that region on their own now.

Because the border between hobby and addiction can be blurred sometimes, though, I already have a ton of new additions since arriving. Still limited to pots outside and inside an apartment for now, but I’ve officially become the neighbor with all the plants. Gonna be fun trying to overwinter them all, as this climate would likely kill a lot of the young perennials I’m used to leaving outside year-round.

Hecate100

Visitor
Reaction score
I have read how some people have plant/fungi familiars, and it's quite possible that everyone has them but aren't yet aware of the connection. Perhaps it's a plant-based spice whose flavor/scent/taste you appreciate most, a flower you feel driven to care for or cultivate, etc. I believe basil is one of mine, and once I'm in a space where I can garden again, I'll be exploring the possibilities in greater depth.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this has been broached before but what experience has anyone here had with communicating with plant spirits? Once, a yearvpr so ago, I was really excited after picking a flea bane flower and while casually observing it the sunlight, noticed an aura coming off of it like a trail of smoke. I was able to see auras as a kid ( I thought everyone did. I sit in church bored out of my mind at age seven and observed all the pretty colors around people. But I thought it was normal and everyone did it)
But I lost that ability as I grew older so I was excited to see it on a plant. I sometimes get the feeling I am downloading something off of a peace lily I have in my bedroom. I'd love to be able to tap into the wisdom that plants have to offer. So....any experience from anyone?
I see what auras around certain kinds of trees more easily than I do people. Cottonwoods abound here, and they are easiest. I cultivate friendly feelings toward certain trees (e.g., a yew tree I have gotten pine-gum from). These seem mutual.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Some of the trees over my back fence look at particular planets and even stars.

I have had visitors do their own experiments with the relevant trees and they come to the same identifications.

Just as the human body has meridians and receives external energy flows, so does the planet.

Some of the trees help. I contemplate an interesting tree to see where it is looking. Some trees look up into the cosmos (along a meridian), while some look across landscape flows, and others look down into the local ecosystem, including at me

Some trees can look several ways at once

olio

Beginner
Benefactor
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been broached before but what experience has anyone here had with communicating with plant spirits? Once, a yearvpr so ago, I was really excited after picking a flea bane flower and while casually observing it the sunlight, noticed an aura coming off of it like a trail of smoke. I was able to see auras as a kid ( I thought everyone did. I sit in church bored out of my mind at age seven and observed all the pretty colors around people. But I thought it was normal and everyone did it)
But I lost that ability as I grew older so I was excited to see it on a plant. I sometimes get the feeling I am downloading something off of a peace lily I have in my bedroom. I'd love to be able to tap into the wisdom that plants have to offer. So....any experience from anyone?
An experience with a tree was what started me on exploring the practical side. I had read a lot but done nothing. I read a suggestion of trying to feel the spirit of plants by holding my palms close to, not quite touching, a plant. There was a potted lily in sight so I tried it, and thought maybe I felt some warmth. I wandered around trying other plants then decided I would try my apple tree. Branches loaded with fruit were hanging down at the front, so I had to go round the back, where I usually don't go. I held up my palms and was surprised by a really cold feeling. The air was pretty still so it wasn't wind chill, and I felt it with my hands in several dirfferent places. I looked up and saw there were patches of fluffy white mould and lots of twiglets and small branches criss-crossing. I decided I wasn't looking after the tree at all well and resolved to find out how to prune it properly.
A couple of days later a sizeable branch round the back of the tree fell off. It's juntion to the trunk was obviously pretty rotten.
This all made me feel that something beyond my comprehension allowed the tree to communicate its poor condition to my hands with that sensation of cold.
That's when I started looking for active witches to talk to.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
An experience with a tree was what started me on exploring the practical side. I had read a lot but done nothing. I read a suggestion of trying to feel the spirit of plants by holding my palms close to, not quite touching, a plant. There was a potted lily in sight so I tried it, and thought maybe I felt some warmth. I wandered around trying other plants then decided I would try my apple tree. Branches loaded with fruit were hanging down at the front, so I had to go round the back, where I usually don't go. I held up my palms and was surprised by a really cold feeling. The air was pretty still so it wasn't wind chill, and I felt it with my hands in several dirfferent places. I looked up and saw there were patches of fluffy white mould and lots of twiglets and small branches criss-crossing. I decided I wasn't looking after the tree at all well and resolved to find out how to prune it properly.
A couple of days later a sizeable branch round the back of the tree fell off. It's juntion to the trunk was obviously pretty rotten.
This all made me feel that something beyond my comprehension allowed the tree to communicate its poor condition to my hands with that sensation of cold.
That's when I started looking for active witches to talk to.
Wow, that's really interesting! I really need to take the time to slow down and do this!! The other night I had a dream that a potted peace lily in my bedroom was trying to talk to me. It was very vivid. But I don't remember what it said which is quite frustrating. Could it have been communicating via my dreams, since in dreams we are at a different level of consciousness?

olio

Beginner
Benefactor
Reaction score
Wow, that's really interesting! I really need to take the time to slow down and do this!! The other night I had a dream that a potted peace lily in my bedroom was trying to talk to me. It was very vivid. But I don't remember what it said which is quite frustrating. Could it have been communicating via my dreams, since in dreams we are at a different level of consciousness?
That's quite something. I don't know enough to say, "Yes" but I'm certainly not going to say, "No". There's a forum that covers dreams. If you took this point over there, perhaps someone with deeper knowledge might be able to comment?

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
One could apply a Kriya yoga analogy for some synchronization to the plant focus.
try this
We should study how strong is the physical force of position, the position of the seed being planted where it will grow. Planting is enchantment, reaching past soil is conjuring and in between is a good focus. It is like how the heart chakra is both the chaos that the complexity of the lowers could be within while it is also the primordial bed that more life springs from to the crown chakra. Root most base shoonya realm, sacral most base structure field, solar most base order realm, heart most base chaos field/mediocre bankshoonya field, throat mediocre structure realm, third eye mediocre order field, crown mediocre chaos realm holding complexity/most complex shoonya bank realm, first past crown is most complex structure field, second past is most complex order realm, the aura glow phase is the most complex chaos field, the 114 chakras/72000 nadis settled into after is the settled product of the kundalini waypoints. The three sections of the 9 chakras in this method are like the enchanting, conjuring, evocation, and the karma signs studied is gnana yoga, while the glow is like the abjurations and the transmutations and the 114 and 72000 is like the form of being for divination and necromancy.

Bluesoft

Neophyte
Reaction score
I started to meditate with plants, holding my hand without touching and with close eyes, imagine that my energy touch its energy, to any kind of plant just to interpret their energy and to feel which feeling it can transmit me, something i liked is that this kind of approaches makes me more sensible in someway, in my experience i was can feel and extra calm of relax but i have to be more receptible in someway.

Your redactions are Incredibles, thanks for sharing your knowledge guys.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

Watched to what end? Forests seem little able to prevent outrages like clear-cutting.

Alfred North Whitehead (in Process & Reality) declared "A tree is a democracy," meaning it had, at best, a weak and shifting unified will. Thoughts on that?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"A tree is a democracy," meaning it had, at best, a weak and shifting unified will.

One New Year's eve in northern Scotland I was out just before midnight on the hill above Forres (witches in Macbeth)

I came to a large tree I knew well. Some people called it the Stripper, as they thought it stripped rubbish from their auras as they passed.

The tree spirit had previously called itself Irwin.

It was cold and windy and the tree told me to move close to it. So I did, and it kept the wind off me, even though I was standing on the windy side of the tree.

It told me that it had been fed twice that night: once in the rain, and after the sky cleared it had been fed by the star light.

Irwin said star light contains the patterns for his unfoldment.

That seems true for most of the species on/in this planet

Even now, many years later, Irwin still looks at me

That tree does not seem to have weak and shifting will

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
One New Year's eve in northern Scotland I was out just before midnight on the hill above Forres (witches in Macbeth)

I came to a large tree I knew well. Some people called it the Stripper, as they thought it stripped rubbish from their auras as they passed.

The tree spirit had previously called itself Irwin.

It was cold and windy and the tree told me to move close to it. So I did, and it kept the wind off me, even though I was standing on the windy side of the tree.

It told me that it had been fed twice that night: once in the rain, and after the sky cleared it had been fed by the star light.

Irwin said star light contains the patterns for his unfoldment.

That seems true for most of the species on/in this planet

Even now, many years later, Irwin still looks at me

That tree does not seem to have weak and shifting will
Good enough---Whitehead's philosophy is mostly speculation. I have a yew tree here I'm friendly with, but it's rather reserved.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Watched to what end?
Did you watch it? I thought you said you couldn't get Youtube in your country.

Forests seem little able to prevent outrages like clear-cutting.
Everything dies. Everything gets recycled. We see the drama at ground level and forget the "Omnia unum est."

Alfred North Whitehead (in Process & Reality) declared "A tree is a democracy," meaning it had, at best, a weak and shifting unified will. Thoughts on that?
Sounds like most people. But the "weakness in shifting" only appears relative to the one who rests in the illusion of his own strength. But a plant, or tree is closer to the pristine awareness of the primal, the fundamental Will clawing its way into manifest existence, IMO.

Whitehead's philosophy is mostly speculation.
All philosophy is mostly speculation.

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death's dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.