• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

A brief explanation on my tarot knowledge, all input welcome.

Reaction score
Awards
I started with the Rider Waite tarot deck one Christmas, that my Sister gifted me :)
My Dad wasn't thrilled with it, but I gave her a reading. Amazingly, the cards were spot on, even though I was interpreting using the booklet, my first tarot use!

I then was in my 20's and using it more and more after having picked up a very old divination book found in my garage (?) - which was odd since my parents were devout protestant-baptists. I was a Wiccan. It felt natural to me, unfortunately for me, it was then the 90s and feminist Wicca had taken center stage, leaving me a solitary.

In my 30s I found the two books that had left for joy every time I walked past them since age 14 - The Golden Dawn by Regardie and The Magus by Barrett. Agrippa occasionally peered at me with his Three Books of Occult Philosophy. I read weird shit, was into comics and D&D, didn't make sense to me then why they were waiting to leap into my hands.
I started studying the text as a solitary, and got a lot from it.

Not only do the cards act like a Madame Cleo service, they also reveal you and history. They span the stars and the Qabalah, having associations with each that map back to a persons natal chart, tree of life spread and more, not the one spread everyone knew (Celtic cross). It mapped into Enchain even, it was truly a Magicians best friend.

I started then in my forties studying Aaron Leitch, Dean forgethisname, Eric Sisco, Nick Farrell; then stumbled upon Farrells book on tarot use, which led me to be aware of Servants of the Light, Builders of the Adytum, and Paul Foster Case. I then started studying Paul Foster Case.

I then found Lon Milo DuQuette and Aleister Crowley. Book of Thoth and Book of Ceremonial Magic, Low Magick, My Life With The Spirits, and The Tarot of Ceremonial Magick complete with deck. Tattwas on them, mercurial, goetia, and more!

I started studying in my late forties Buildes of the Adytum and Fraternity of the Hidden Light my mail lessons. I was also earnestly trying to initiate into the Golden Dawn system of magick current, but to little avail, I got further with Modern Magick. I started studying Angels from more of Farrells books, particularly The Shem Grimoire, which utterly fascinated me, I began constructing seals and trying to summon them. I failed and turned to the dark side. I became a brief hit on BALG before a deliverance where I burned everything I had. I eventually stumbled upon the Sinister interpretation.

I tell you all this because I want you to know my history, so you know why I view and use Tarot the way I do - leargely from PFC.

My understanding of the Tarot - a very brief writeup. Will include references at large (not by each individual footnote).
=======================================
The Tarot is a system of psychological self discovery, seership, and fortune telling, it is also the very best friend of a magician.
Take out the Major Arcana, typically keys 0-XXI. Lay them out in rows o seven by number left to right with 0 above IV. This is called the Universal Tableau, where it defines three stages sevenfold of spiritual development, each trio from top to bottom at a time. The first is one of the seven Hermetic laws in action, along with an overall keyword that pertains to a part of a body, hence to the zodiac signs as well.
The first row are the seven Hermetic laws, the next seven are spiritual laws again with an overall keyword relating to the response to take.
The third row are the major life obstacles one must overcome and master. This then leads from his Occult Fundamentals Vol ! to Meditation and Magic Vol 2 where you get into mysticism-magic and meditation with construction of tools from robe to circle.
It largely in the two volumes goes into Gematria and Qabalah. From understanding of the Qabalah, we are then presented with a diagram of the Tree of Life, and the mappings to the cards.
Each Ace to Ten of a trump or world of formation as it really is meant to be, are mappings from Kether down to Malkuth.
The four worlds are:
Atziluth. World of Archetypes. Wands.
Briah. World of Forces and form. Cups.
Yetzirah. World of Mental Plane and Form. Swords.
Assiah Material Physical World. Pentacles.
We start by creation of a thought form leading to intent and will, that is created in Atziluth based off power by name and image of an archetype, and may use god forms.
This is then sent into action and associated with either the subconscious or superconscious.
Force is given from in Yetzirah on the Mental-Causal Planes.
Manisfestatiuon results in Assiah, the Material-Physical World governed by natural laws as well.

The Tarot Keys are associated with the Zodiac, the Planets, and the Elements, and maps to the Hebrew Alphabet and a Gematria value (not including Finals)
0. The Fool. Elemental Air. Aleph. Ox. 1. Kether-Chokmah
I. The Magician. Mercury. Beth. House. 2. Kether-Binah
II. The High Priestess. Luna. Gimel. Camel. 3. Kether-Tiphareth
III. The Empress. Venus. Daleth. Door. 4. Binah-Chokmah
IV. The Emperor. Aries. Heh. Window. 5. Chokmah-Tiphareth
V. The Hierophant. Taurus. Vav. Nail. 6. Chokmah-Chesed/Gedulah
VI. The Lovers. Gemini. Zayin. Sword. 7. Binah-Tiphareth
VII. The Chariot. Cancer. Cheth. Enclosure/Fence. 8. Binah-Geburah
VIII. Strength. Leo. Teth. Serpent. 9. Geburah-Chesed/Gedulah.
IX. The Hermit. Virgo. Yod. Hand. 10. Chesed/Gedulah-Tiphareth
X. Wheel of Fortune. Jupiter. Kaph. Fist. 20. Gedulah-Netzach
XI. Justice. Libra. Lamed. Ox-Goad/whip. 30. Geburah-Tiphareth
XII. The Hanged Man. Elemental Water. Mem. Water. 40. Geburah-Hod
XIII. Death. Scorpio. Nun. Fish. 50. Tipharth-Netzach
XIV. Temperance. Sagittarius. Samekh. Prop/Leg. 60. Yesod-Tiphareth
XV. The Devil. Capricorn. Ayin. Eye/Foutain. 70. Tiphareth-Hod
XVI. The Tower. Mars. Peh. Mouth. 80. Hod-Netzach
XVII. The Star. Aquarius. Tzaddi. Fishhook. 90. Netzach-Yesod
XVIII. The Moon. Pisces. Qoph. Back of head. 100. Netzach-Malkuth
XIX. The Sun. Sol. Resh. Face that is not a head. 200. Hod-Yesod
XX. Judgement. Elemental Fire. Shin. Tooth. 300. Hod-Malkuth
XXI. The World. Saturn/Elemental Earth. Tav. Cross/seal. 400. Yesod-Malkuth
Note the direction flows from Kether to Malkuth.

What else does the tarot map to? Star groups and constellations. Demons and Angels.

The Court Cards map to a few different things.
Wands - Enochian BITOM
Cups - Enochian HCOMA
Swords - Enchain EXARP
Pentacles- Enochian NANTA
The Aces always start, and therefore form the Tablet of Union in some order, EHNB, and map to Kether as well. They are considered the power that fills the throne of the element, as the Princesses are a throne for the Ace, The Aces title is "Root of the Powers of (Element)". Spirit of (element)
The Kings are next in line, and correspond to Chokmah and the second letter of the five letter Enochian name. Fire of (element)
The Queens are next in line, and correspond to Binah, and are the third letter of the five letter Enochian name. Water of (element)
The Knights/Prices are next in line, and correspond to Tiphareth. They are the fourth letter of the five letter Enochian name.
The Princesses/Knaves are the final of the four letter Holy name, and the last letter of the five letter Enochian name.
Each is s concourse of force, meaning it moves in a certain pattern and is associated with Cauda and Caput Draconis in the heavens movement. Each card shifts at some point in the concourse of forces, meaning its not only when we pull an Ace from the deck signifying its existence.

Im about to fall asleep here, and all this was off the top of my head. I will include replies later that have the suits associations and more mappings. This was Laos based of the kabballistic Kircher tree model.

Reaction score
Awards
Wands
Ace - Root of the Powers of Fire. Spirit of Fire.
Two - Lord of Dominion. Sol in 1-10deg Aries. Bael (am), Phenx (pm). Vehuel (am), Deneyal (pm).
Three - Lord of Established Strength. Venus 10-20deg Aries. Agares, Halfas (pm). Hechaohiah, Aamamiah (pm).
Four - Lord of Perfected Work. Jupiter 20-30deg Aries. Vassago, Malphas (pm). Nanael, Nithal (pm).
Five - Lord of Strife. Sol 1-10deg Leo. Beleth, Crocell (pm). Vahviah, Yelayel (pm).
Six - Lord of Victory. Jupiter 10-20 deg Leo. Leraje, Furcas (pm). Saitel, Olmiah (pm).
Seven - Lord of Valour. Mars 20-30deg Leo. Eligos, Balaam (pm). Mahashiah, Lelahel (pm).
Eight - Lord of Swiftness. Mercury 1-10 deg Sagittarius. Glasya-Laboloas, Zagan (pm). Nithahiah, Haayah (pm).
Nine - Lord of Great Strength. Luna 10-20deg Sagittarius. Bune/Bime, Volac (pm). Yirthiel, Sahiah (pm).
Ten - Lord of Oppression. Saturn 20-30 deg Sagittarius. Ronove, Andras (pm). Reyayel, Avamel (pm).

Reaction score
Awards
Cups
Ace - Root of the Powers of Water. Spirit of Water.
Two - Lord of Love. Venus 1-10deg Cancer. Buer, Bifrons (pm). Ayoel/Itaiel, Chaboiah (pm).
Three - Lord of Abundance. Mercury 10-20deg Cancer. Fusion, Uvall (pm). Raphael, Yebomayah (pm).
Four - Lord of Blended Pleasure. Luna 20-30 deg Cancer. Sitri, Haagenti (pm). Hayayel, Mavamyah (pm).
Five - Lord of Loss in Pleasure. Mars 1-10deg Scorpio. Ipos, Amy (pm). Livoyah, Pehilyah (pm).
Six - Lord of Pleasure. Sol 10-20deg Scorpio. Aim, Oriax (pm). Nelokhiel, Yehayel (pm).
Seven - Lord of Illusionary Success. Venus 20-30 deg Scorpio. Naberius, Vapula (pm). Melchel, Chavaviah (pm).
Eight - Lord of Abandoned Success. Saturn 1-10deg Pisces. Furfur, Seere (pm). Vavaliah, Yelahiah (pm).
Nine - Lord of Material Happiness. Jupiter in 10-20deg Pisces. Marchosias, Dantalion (pm). Saliah, Aariel (pm).
Ten - Lord of Perpetual Success. Mars 20-30deg Pisces. Stolas, Andromalius (pm). Aasliah, Mihal (pm).

Reaction score
Awards
Swords
Ace - Root of the Powers of Air. Spirit of Air.
Two - Lord of Pece Restored. Luna 1-10deg Libra. Sallos, Orobas (pm). Yexalel, Mebahel (pm).
Three - Lord of Sorrow. Saturn in 10-20deg Libra. Purson, Gremory (pm). Harayel, Hoqmiah (pm).
Four - Lord of Rest From Strife. Jupiter 20-30deg Libra. Marax, Ose (pm). Laviah, Keliel (pm).
Five - Lord of Defeat. Mercury 1-10deg Aquarius. Foas, Amdisias (pm). Aniel, Chaamiah (pm).
Six - Lord of Earned Success. Venus 10-20 deg Aquarius. Asmoday, Belial (pm). Rehayel, Yeyezial (pm)
Seven - Lord of Unstable Effort. Luna 20-30deg Aquarius. Gaap, Decarabia (pm). Michael, Hihael (pm).
Eight - Lord of Shortened Force. Luna 1-10deg Gemini. Amon, Sabnock (pm). Vemibael, Yehohel (pm).
Nine - Lord of Despair and Cruelty. Venus 10-20deg Gemini. Barbados, Shax (pm). Aeneval, Mochayel (pm).
Ten - Lord of Ruin. Sol in Gemini. Paimon, Vine (pm). Damabayah, Menqal (pm).

Reaction score
Awards
Pentacles
Ace - Root of the Powers of Earth. Spirit of Earth.
Two - Lord of Harmonious Change. Jupiter 1-10deg Capricorn. Berith, Haures (pm). Lekabel, Veshiriah (pm).
Three - Lord of Material Works. Mars 10-20deg Capricorn. Astaroth, Andrealphus (pm). Yechavah, Lehachiah (pm).
Four - Lord of Earthly Power. Sol 20-30deg Capricorn. Forneus, Cimejes (pm). Kevaqiah, Mendial (pm).
Five - Lord of Material Trouble. Luna 1-10deg Taurus. Samigina, Raum (pm). Mabahiah, Pooyal (pm).
Six - Lord of Material Success. Mercury 10-20 deg Taurus. Marbas, Focalor (pm). Nemamiah, Yeyelal (pm).
Seven - Lord of Success Unfulfilled. Venus 20-30deg Taurus. Valefor, Vepar (pm). Herochiel, Mitzrael (pm).
Eight - Lord of Prudence. Sol 1-10deg Virgo. Zepar, Alloces (pm). Akaiah, Kehethel (pm).
Nine - Lord of Material Gain. Venus 10-20deg Virgo. Botis, Camio (pm). Hazayel, Aldiah (pm).
Ten - Lord of Wealth. Mercury 20-30deg Virgo. Bathing, Murmur (pm). Hihaayah, Laviah (pm).

Reaction score
Awards
I guess at this point we steer into subjects I am no master of - Qabalah, Astrology, and Alchemy.

Reaction score
Awards
If I were to ask a question it would be..

Why don't you seem to 'Trust' the Tarot as a form of Divination when you have used it for so long?

At this point it at least seems as though you have a good understanding of general meanings and correspondences but at the same time it seems that you doubt the Tarots effectiveness and are fairly regularly asking about other forms of divination to use instead.

Just in the last couple weeks you've expressed interest in possibly switching to Geomancy, Wax Drippings, and Water Bowl Scrying or even using them in conjunction with the Tarot.

I'm not trying to be critical in bringing this up so I hope it doesn't come off like that.

But it's really difficult to use multiple forms of Divination simultaneously. It's best for a person to pick just 1 and really focus on that and Master it as much as possible.

My advice (not that you asked for it lol) would be:

1) Choose ONE Divination Method and practice the HELL out of it and forget all the other methods until you are near 100% confident in you abilities to Divine with that ONE method.

IF you choose the Tarot as that method, my next piece of unsolicited advice would be:

2) Choose ONE Book and ONE Deck to work with and no more than a few Spread Types for a while to really Hone you skills. Don't jump around between different Decks with different imagery or Different books with different interpretations.

It's okay to be curious about other Decks or other Divination methods and to want to learn about them but overwhelming yourself with too many forms, and methods, and meanings will keep you from really being proficient which will affect your overall confidence in your readings and divinations.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Awards
Again, read my previous post in the Wax Dripping thread or Geomancy, I dont recall at this exact second, but I am using the Golden Dawn system of Magic, or associated teachings.
To this end, in each grade, you are introduced to a new form of divination. Water and Fire scrying are my opinion, not necessarily fact, but it would seem to follow.

In general, it is (Neophyte - nothing), Zelator - Geomancy, Theoricus - Astrology, Practicus - Tarot, Philosophus - Electional or Horary Astrology.
Past this I assume they pick any system they please, and work on higher forms of magic.

I trust the Tarot to an extent, mores when I give others readings, because my personal readings dont make sense, but I have complete sense for others readings. Strange and a mystery to me.

I have several books on Tarot and have read them. It is all about the symbolism, however, every deck has different design and thus different symbolism. Ones I would not use are ones with no transferable symbolism, as I think it should be left intact.

I only have one deck since last year, the Radiant Rider Waite deck. I have already labeled most of the cards as they come up in readings per my textbook by Christopher, though the status of using the text at this time has been put on hold.

Perhaps the reason it doesn't work is that I should be concentrating on Geomancy instead?
Wax drippings are not part of the grade, and thet might actually be Chiromancy, will look up divination terms again.
However, I-Ching has been suggested to me, and I am familiar with the system, which means I have to memorize the trigrams and their meaning. Three pennies and a book. Wax drippings should be fundamental in accurate analysis as nearly most systems of magic and religions use candles for their workings and initiations.

But, points taken. I can't rely on one system alone, that is limiting yourself and your intuition and psychic faculties, is it not?

Reaction score
Awards
Will resume the tarot notes in a bit after I calm myself with coffee and nicotine. By the way, hope that didn't sound negative in any way, was never intent even though it may be interpreted as such, Im actually in a good mood.

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps the reason it doesn't work is that I should be concentrating on Geomancy instead?
Wax drippings are not part of the grade, and thet might actually be Chiromancy, will look up divination terms again.
However, I-Ching has been suggested to me, and I am familiar with the system, which means I have to memorize the trigrams and their meaning. Three pennies and a book. Wax drippings should be fundamental in accurate analysis as nearly most systems of magic and religions use candles for their workings and initiations.

But, points taken. I can't rely on one system alone, that is limiting yourself and your intuition and psychic faculties, is it not?

Anything you want to Divine can be done with only one method.

By that I mean for example there's not something you could ask using the Tarot and get an inaccurate reading but that Geomancy or Wax would be accurate for instead.... or vice versa.

I would again say it's fine to learn and study about other methods but jumping around and switching will be an obstacle to proficiency.

Just out of curiosity since you are working with a GD structure have you done an Invocation of HRU to help you Divine the Tarot?

If not then Place your left hand over the deck or hold the cards and then with your right hand in the Sword Mudra or Holding your Wand over the Deck say:

"I invoke Thee, I-A-O(IIIIIIIIIIIIII-AAAAAAAA-OOOOOO), that thou wilt send HRU (HEEEEEEEE-RUUUUUUU), the great Angel that is set over the operations of this secret Wisdom, to lay his hand invisibly on these consecrated cards of art, that thereby we may obtain true knowledge of hidden things to the glory of thine ineffable Name. Amen/Aumgn (AAAAHHHHHHH-MMMEEEENNNN) /(AUUUUUU-MMMM-GGGGNNNNN)"

Oh and I don't take your responses as negative. I'm just trying to gain insight and you are providing answers.

Reaction score
Awards
However, teachings also depend on a given text. For example, the Neophyte in Modern Magick is introduced to the Tarot, given a brief set of meanings to memorize, and a non-standard divination spread that uses only majors. In addition, you are given a primary ritual called the Tarot Contemplation Ritual where you take six major keys out of the deck, shuffle the rest, and cut into four piles, restocking top to bottom right to left (YHVH). Then you draw the top card and meditate on it.
So, there is no real textbook everyone follows, and thus no standard divination system for all.
I agree though, at least one form should be mastered, and you should at least be competent if not mastered in all four of those systems. I would personally add stargazing, and water and fire scrying as methods to be competent, as water and fire naturally occur and are present in some cases.

Tarot and the Sephiroth
I discussed in above posts that we flow from Kether to Malkuth. We discussed the worlds. We have not discussed a minor matter. In each sephira, there is a set of correspondences and a general meaning and theme, there is also a subtree of life contained therein. This leads to the Qaballistic Gates. Several books exist on the topic - Complete Golden Dawn Intiaitate, Rawns 231 Gates, Magicians Workbook. Several others exist. Baal Shem-Tov may also touch on it iirc, in Qabballistic Magic..

Kether: The Crown, First Whirlings. Aces. Ehieh, Metatron.
Chokmah: Wisdom, Zodiac, Twos, Yah/Jah, Raguel
Binah: Understanding, Saturn. Threes. YHVH, Agiel/Cassiel/Tzaphqiel.
Chesed-Gedulah: Mercy. Jupiter.
Anything you want to Divine can be done with only one method.

By that I mean for example there's not something you could ask using the Tarot and get an inaccurate reading but that Geomancy or Wax would be accurate for instead.... or vice versa.

I would again say it's fine to learn and study about other methods but jumping around and switching will be an obstacle to proficiency.

Just out of curiosity since you are working with a GD structure have you done an Invocation of HRU to help you Divine the Tarot?

If not then Place your left hand over the deck or hold the cards and then with your right hand in the Sword Mudra or Holding your Wand over the Deck say:

"I invoke Thee, I-A-O(IIIIIIIIIIIIII-AAAAAAAA-OOOOOO), that thou wilt send HRU (HEEEEEEEE-RUUUUUUU), the great Angel that is set over the operations of this secret Wisdom, to lay his hand invisibly on these consecrated cards of art, that thereby we may obtain true knowledge of hidden things to the glory of thine ineffable Name. Amen/Aumgn (AAAAHHHHHHH-MMMEEEENNNN) /(AUUUUUU-MMMM-GGGGNNNNN)"

Oh and I don't take your responses as negative. I'm just trying to gain insight and you are providing answers.
Ya know, I always thought that that method was only for Adepts, might as well try it out :)

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I tell you all this because I want you to know my history, so you know why I view and use Tarot the way I do - leargely from PFC.
It seems to me that you have more than enough knowledge, way more than me to be sure. I think I get it that you're going for solo initiation through the levels of the Golden Dawn system. How is it that you don't already know enough to just do magic? There is something out of balance here, but I can't say for certainty...

I mean, don't get me wrong, but I love reading too. This past week I've been going through that new book, Consorting with Spirits by Jason Miller, posted to the library by our gracious host. I have dozens of other books all downloaded and ready to read as well as several that I'm reading bit by bit as time allows. Meanwhile, my daily magical work involves up to an hour and a half of each day spent recording dreams and keeping the journal, doing morning and evening QC-LBRP-QC, doing morning and evening tarot readings (which may or may not make sense, but the practice is the goal at this point), and doing Quareia meditations 1 & 2 & 3 (10 minutes each).

I think you're treating tarot, and perhaps divination in general, as a purely intellectual exercise. For example, you can read all kinds of books on painting like world famous artists, but true skill is still developed within oneself and only by long hours of practice. You'll never paint like a Renaissance master, but you'll develop your own technique, with practice. Whether you are using divination to contact your HGA or the anima mundi, it makes no difference. As Jason Miller pointed out, most of the 'answers' one gets are rubbish, even for him:

"Put your experience through a checklist:
Was there anything actionable that I got out of this?​
Does taking those actions make sense, or at least cause no harm?​
Did I learn anything verifiable?​
Was the spirit or vision [or divination] something that strokes my ego, or was it challenging?​
Let me tell you that 60 to 80 percent of what I get from spirits does not pass this gauntlet of questions with flying colors. That's okay; human beings don't fare that much better. It is way less important to obsess over whether a message is really from Hekate or Diana or the ghost around the corner than it is to consider the content of the message itself. If the message is actionable or informative and those actions and information prove useful, that is more important than where it comes from. If, however, the information is just ego-stroking, then it doesn't matter much."

Reaction score
Awards
I did a reading for someone I work with today. She was very ecstatic about the reading l, and several cards popped up that were Virgo or Scorpio libra related, which compared to the two of us so, that was quite interesting. And apparently my interpretation was spot on with the card for the day, that I picked for her and the card of the day that I picked for me.

Reaction score
Awards
I did a reading for someone I work with today. She was very ecstatic about the reading l, and several cards popped up that were Virgo or Scorpio libra related, which compared to the two of us so, that was quite interesting. And apparently my interpretation was spot on with the card for the day, that I picked for her and the card of the day that I picked for me.

And the card for she and I : VIII Strength/Lust. The White Queen (Higher Self) taming the Red Lion (Lower self). :)

Also letting my dolomite quartz and smoky quartz mingle with my Majors cards to take in energy, and potentially put out energy.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
The benefit of lots of practice is that one gets a feel for how the cards respond at different times of the day and different kinds of questions. Quite often my morning reading comes across as a "fortune cookie," while asking about the weather (yes, I often ask if it will rain in my backyard the next day) gives what Jason Miller calls a "David Lynch" reply.

Jason covers this under the topic Twisted Language in his book, Consorting with Spirits: "If you connect with spirits in a ring of trees near your house and they show you creamed corn and say, 'The owls are not what they seem,' that is something for you to interpret, not take literally." So, when I ask about the weather in my own backyard, the local spirits might be cryptic (might even be answers from cryptids!), or it could just be 'noise.'

Then at night I seem to be getting appropriate responses to more specific questions. Keep in mind that I look at the flow from one card to the next to see if it creates a train of thought. I'm not one for counting the buttons on a shirt in a tarot card to find some esoteric meaning. The card images and LWB provide me clues. If I want to know more, I can ask another question. Oh, and for these evening tarot 'conversations' I've taken to pouring a small cup of coffee to offer to any visiting spirits.

It really is up to each person to develop his or her own tarot ritual and preferred reading style. I don't think there's a wrong way.

Reaction score
Awards
The benefit of lots of practice is that one gets a feel for how the cards respond at different times of the day and different kinds of questions. Quite often my morning reading comes across as a "fortune cookie," while asking about the weather (yes, I often ask if it will rain in my backyard the next day) gives what Jason Miller calls a "David Lynch" reply.

Jason covers this under the topic Twisted Language in his book, Consorting with Spirits: "If you connect with spirits in a ring of trees near your house and they show you creamed corn and say, 'The owls are not what they seem,' that is something for you to interpret, not take literally." So, when I ask about the weather in my own backyard, the local spirits might be cryptic (might even be answers from cryptids!), or it could just be 'noise.'

Then at night I seem to be getting appropriate responses to more specific questions. Keep in mind that I look at the flow from one card to the next to see if it creates a train of thought. I'm not one for counting the buttons on a shirt in a tarot card to find some esoteric meaning. The card images and LWB provide me clues. If I want to know more, I can ask another question. Oh, and for these evening tarot 'conversations' I've taken to pouring a small cup of coffee to offer to any visiting spirits.

It really is up to each person to develop his or her own tarot ritual and preferred reading style. I don't think there's a wrong way.
Well. Out of romantic curiousity, I did a tree of life reading. Unfortunately, my significator was in the first pile (Yod of YHVH, rightmost pile which is generally new thought/enterprise. True, I pick up my paycheck from there in a couple hours.
Malkuth/10 - XIX The Sun - Sol.
Yesod/9 - Four of Cups (Chesed of Yesod)
Hod/8 - XIII. Death. Scorpio.
Netzach/7 - Queen of Swords.
Tiphareth/6 - X Wheel of Fortune. Jupiter.
Geburah/5 - Two of Swords. Chokmah of Geburah.
Chesed /4 - Knight of Swords
Binah/3 - IV. Emperor. Aries.
Chokmah/2 - I. The Magician. Mercury.
Letter/1 - Six of Wands (Tiphareth of Kether)

My significator - Knight of Cups (Me)
Top of Deck - Queen of Pentacles (Her)
Bottom of Deck - VIII Strength/Lust Leo

Reaction score
Awards
I would be willing to exchange tarot readings with you in messages if you want
Cool, want me to relay a few readings, or start fresh? I need to review pairings/multiples and timelines.
Im fairly good on the rest.
Any particular spread?