• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] A Candle Magick Tutorial

Informative post.
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, this is a thread started to post about Basic candle magick. I will go through colors and types of candles I use, in accordance to my understanding of the quality of a color, timing rituals with planetary forces, and how it aids in clairvoyance training, as well as the types of magic that can be accomplished through candles. I may also go into sigils at a basic level, again, according to my own understanding.
These are from common sources as well as experimentation, take it or leave it, but I prefer you take it and try it.

Candle Types:
In general, we have three types, tea lights, chimes/birthday candles, and taper candles, there are pillars as well that are typically used for longer workings such as a Novena. Parafin is least desired to work with as toxic elements are inherent in them. Also, keep in mind to recycle your wax from used candles, as any candle is a one way ticket to the goal, not to be reused except for candles to burn for 7-9 days.

Theory:
Based upon color and intention, the subconscious has planted seeds to ensure fruition or the ritual. Any doubt, rushing, anxiety, adverse emotions, may fail the ritual. Iow, a positive attitude guarantees success in most things. For some colors, a genuine need and desire and emotion are powerful components along with color and symbol.

Candle Colors:
Each color corresponds to some planetary or elemental concentration or mixture.
Gray/Black & White - The most powerful color type. Can be used for White or Black magic, used to intensify the power like Orange does.
Black - Earth/Saturn. Black magic, repel evil, evil, repel black magic.
White - Spirit. Spiritual purification and regeneration, healing, clear thought.
Red - Fire. Mars. Love, hate, sex, passion, lust, war, blood.
Blue - Water. Jupiter. Jupiterian qualities - Healing, Truth, Peace, Patience, Kindness, etc.
Yellow - Air. All that pertains to mind, thought, meditation, concentration.
Green - Earth/Venus. Dukes. All that pertains to money, fertility and healing.
Purple - Dignities, wisdom, psychic abilities, power, progress, protection, honors.
Orange - Mercury. Friendship, attraction, joy, stimulation, self-control, receptivity.
Brown - Balance, concentration, earthiness, telepathic power, study, mastery.
Indigo - Spiritual awareness, intuition, self-knowledge, clairvoyance, expansion of soul.
Pink - Peace, love, spiritual awakening, femininity, leadership, diplomacy.
Silver - Luna. Princes. Dreams, telepathic ability, all that relates to Luna.
Gold - Sol. Kings. Health, protection, diplomacy, riches, all that pertains to Sol.

Timing:
Every planet revolves clockwise around the sun, so we move clockwise in lighting or opening, and counterclockwise extinguishing/closing ritual.
Therefore, planets exert force giving rise to form and manifestation. Therefore, the color should line up with the planet. In addition, there is a 24 hour cycle of planetary hours, and each of the seven days corresponds to the seven planets:
Sunday - Sol
Monday - Luna
Tuesday - Mars
Wednesday - Mercury
Thursday - Jupiter
Friday - Venus
Saturday - Saturn.

Sigils:
Sigils are drawings of a signature of an entity be it divine or infernal or in between, words such as "Healing", to personalized drawings, etched onto the candle with a needle or pin/pen. Basic Sigil Magick is a fair book on this, as is Modern Magick or The Golden Dawn.

Blood/Saliva/Body Fluids:
These body fluids contain our energy and a direct link to us. Therefore, depending on your views, be careful with blood requests.

Exercises:
1. Dim lights or shut off lights and light a candle. Set lighter aside and concentrate on the flame, sitting there, breathing in and out. With each in breath, visualize white light entering you, with each out breath, all negativity goes out like a black swarm of flies. Continue this for up to 30 minutes.

2. Light a candle and gaze at the flame, let all your wants and desires flood your mind. Let the candle burn out and ground yourself.