• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

A compilation of links, libraries and sites.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to propose a sticky thread (preferably visible on forum index) which would serve as contributing hub for compilation of links, libraries and sites.
ex. links to book libraries, links to occult and esoteric sites or various links for additional research.

I've noticed there are suggestions from various users here about libraries where to download books and even some links to cool occult sites,
however issue is that all those cool suggestions are scattered around and deep within sub forums and topic pages and not easily noticeable.

It makes sense that all this and similar information be sticky somewhere on forum index to serve as a sort of "additional research" section.
Everyone should be able to contribute to the list and perhaps the list could be moderated to keep only quality content.

Also I've been surfing around the internet in quest for new stuff and have stumbled upon some sites and noticed some of them have "links", "sites" and "books" sections,
I've found these sites to be way more useful than sites without such sections and these all ended up in my bookmarks, I'm saying this as a visitor of random sites, so take this as a kind of feedback of a random user when considering this suggestion.

I suppose that promoting links to 3rd party sites may not be always desired but there are benefits too, one benefit I can think of is additional content for both visitors and members in addition to forum content.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
There is a delicate balance between sharing knowledge freely and actively sending people away from the site.

This is something I often think about, and may implement a feature/subsection like reddit which users can use to submit and vote on links. Something like that would only come once we are much bigger and can comfortably accommodate the visitor turnover.

As for something like a mega thread, I'll think about it. I don't want it to end up being too big/low quality. And if it's small and selective, then there will be pushback/bias.

At the end of the day the priority is for registered, regular users, not for "random visitors". And as such I feel like currently the long term goal is to have as much content on WF as possible, as opposed to linked to.

I think I'll have a closer look at this later when either visitor loss is no longer an issue, or we run into a limitation on the types and amount of content we can absorb and host on WF.

Reaction score
Awards
It could be possible that we could copy and paste Suggested Reading on other sites that are not on here, I think at the very least recommended reading should be a sticky post, with a link in that post to the library section.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
@SkullTraill
I understand, maybe I've put this in wrong light.

A more interesting and less aggressive thing is links to libraries, places where one can download esoteric and occult PDF books and places which provide read-only occult books such as online university libraries, those on *.edu domain, or libraries which are not strictly about the occult.

An example of PDF library such as z-lib or pdfcoffee
An example of university libraries such as
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
or
one
Or archives which are around esotericism and mysticism such as
or
one.

And similar which is educational and not about individuals promoting their idea.
This sort of stuff was initially in my head but I expanded it to non-library sites in my OP,
but what ever you decide I respect it.