• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] A Public Service: Alternative to Cursing

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In another thread this hour, a poster just excoriated we dupes of Mossad by dropping an F-bomb in every sentence. Even sincere rage cannot atone for crude writing. Individuals wishing to use insults should take a gander at buzzfeed.com, "21 of the Most Brutal Insults that Don't Use Curse Words." Gems include, "You look like a visible fart," "Whoever told you be yourself gave you terrible advice,", "I have neiither the time nor the jumbo crayons to explain it to you," and "I envy people who never met you," "As an outsider, what is your perspective on intelligence?" plus 16 more. Enjoy...and use!
Post automatically merged:

In another thread this hour, a poster just excoriated we dupes of Mossad by dropping an F-bomb in every sentence. Even sincere rage cannot atone for crude writing. Individuals wishing to use insults should take a gander at buzzfeed.com, "21 of the Most Brutal Insults that Don't Use Curse Words." Gems include, "You look like a visible fart," "Whoever told you be yourself gave you terrible advice,", "I have neiither the time nor the jumbo crayons to explain it to you," and "I envy people who never met you," "As an outsider, what is your perspective on intelligence?" plus 16 more. Enjoy...and use!
"...excoriated us dupes."

Even a pompous writing style and public persona cannot atone for bad grammar.

Last edited:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Some time ago, the guy wrote that he had decided to stop taking his court-ordered antipsychotic medication and announced that he would rely on street drugs like meth and cocaine instead. The result seems to be paranoid ranting and verbal diarrhea. I never know how to handle people who are pitiable in a way but at the same time extremely obnoxious.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Some time ago, the guy wrote that he had decided to stop taking his court-ordered antipsychotic medication and announced that he would rely on street drugs like meth and cocaine instead. The result seems to be paranoid ranting and verbal diarrhea. I never know how to handle people who are pitiable in a way but at the same time extremely obnoxious.
What was his reasoning, if any? On the one hand, I deplore court-ordered drugging. On the other, meth and coke have poor track records for establishing functional behavior. Not taking drugs was, I gather, not an option by this individual's lights? Sometimes an individual is well and truly f*. "Moira" can be a mother** and the gods cruel.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Back in the days when i was a wyrdo at high school there was a certain type of boys id scoffle. 1 boy is an egg, more of them are eggusses. Not eggs, those you can eat, but eggusses. (in dutch 1ei, 2 eien) later in life i heard that in the east one would call them frikandellen. (fried sausages made out of smack/spam)

@HoldAll: at one point in time you have enough and you start to decently push them away. Ive been there too. Xeno seems to help with it, albeit there is no clue how. 🫥

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
My favourites are "I'm not insulting you - I'm describing you." And "I curse you to be exactly who you are - only to realise it."

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
What was his reasoning, if any? On the one hand, I deplore court-ordered drugging. On the other, meth and coke have poor track records for establishing functional behavior. Not taking drugs was, I gather, not an option by this individual's lights? Sometimes an individual is well and truly f*. "Moira" can be a mother** and the gods cruel.

It was the side effects that made him go off his medication. Seems like the only options available to him was to feel either dopey all the time or high. He chose euphoria, and it will not go well for him, poor sap. Let's just hope he doesn't hurt others or himself when he crashes. I am a bit harsh here because I'm on antidepressants and the two times I quit taking them both ended in desaster.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It was the side effects that made him go off his medication. Seems like the only options available to him was to feel either dopey all the time or high. He chose euphoria, and it will not go well for him, poor sap. Let's just hope he doesn't hurt others or himself when he crashes. I am a bit harsh here because I'm on antidepressants and the two times I quit taking them both ended in desaster.
Yeah---I have heard that. I have a niece who said her head felt gluey inside, but the meds tended to render her apathetic. I forgot about that side to the drug. So yeah, the guy you mention was left with a set of undesirable options.

I was just
Back in the days when i was a wyrdo at high school there was a certain type of boys id scoffle. 1 boy is an egg, more of them are eggusses. Not eggs, those you can eat, but eggusses. (in dutch 1ei, 2 eien) later in life i heard that in the east one would call them frikandellen. (fried sausages made out of smack/spam)

@HoldAll: at one point in time you have enough and you start to decently push them away. Ive been there too. Xeno seems to help with it, albeit there is no clue how. 🫥
I am just the middleman trafficking in verbal barbs. Enabling my myriad satisfied clients to verbally one-up their opponents. Think of this as the penultimate stop before the last two stations: Cursing Junction and Solution Terminal (catered by Solingen, Glock, and Semtex.) Stretch your legs, spend an interlude here, and go home with a snarky sense of reinforced superiority. No other claims or benefits are express or implied.