• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

A solid step by step process for a Newbie to master Barrett's The Magus?

Reaction score
Awards
I was wondering what the Magus' and above would recommend as for a Newbie mastering the book content and associated books from footnotes or the bibliography?

Reaction score
Awards
As well as similar author's, Agrippa for example.
The only factors I could see are reading and practicing when possible.

Im not sure what newbies should expect, trying to practice their books to reach the same results.

Reaction score
Awards
Basic Magic Books?

I think what first attracted me to it is all the ceremonial magic portions, completely skipping the philosophy, and now regret doing that. I dont know why I hate philosophy other than it seems like a waste of time, otherwise I would've converted and debate the Talmud rulings for the end of my days.
But now, with a renewed interest and zeal for math and the sciences, and also including philosophy.