• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

A website that changed my world view

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I was searching about the demiurge character few month ago and I found myself in this site

I dont know if you guys have been visit this site or not but If you do, you will find some useful material in there...
I posted this here maybe can be useful...
And if is in wrong section accept my apology...

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Through the ages of mankind’s evolution this knowledge has been suppressed by a group of cosmic beings known as the “dark” or “the fallen” having rejected the Light and Love of the Creator in favor of serving their own self interests...

I hesitate to accept any belief system that purports to unite all under the benevolence of a single entity. I was brought up in religion, specifically with the Jehovah egregore.* Of course, family ties make leaving such systems more difficult than it should otherwise be...

What is important to remember is that as a result, Earth was set up as a cosmic experiment, one, of twelve in the galaxy, to develop a new path, a fast track of return to our Source-Creator.

Not sure how one could ever prove or disprove that, though I suppose Robert Monroe has his own take on what Earth is really about, which I personally find appealing. Again, they make for interesting thought experiments, but try not to give them too much energy or time (or money).

*I call "Jehovah" of the Jehovah's Witnesses an egregore as distinct from the actual deities of the Jewish Tanakh or the Christian New Testament. JWs make up their own stories reinterpreting the source material of these books to benefit a set of non-profit corporations with over a billion US$ in real estate holdings around the world.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
When I read the website it's make me feel more to believe this reality is a some type of simulation and more like the matrix movie,
Why?
I still have not found the answer but some day I knew I will find what is this experience that we call 'life' is all about...
It's like computer program...or a video game...
Do the characters of the video game know they are in a video game ??

Art Thurian

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
When I read the website it's make me feel more to believe this reality is a some type of simulation and more like the matrix movie,
Why?
I still have not found the answer but some day I knew I will find what is this experience that we call 'life' is all about...
It's like computer program...or a video game...
Do the characters of the video game know they are in a video game ??
I always thought like you. It is something I can not explain.....but reality is an illusion. One day I will find out for sure.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Just because the world is malleable by thought (i.e. magic) it doesn't mean that it must be an illusion.

Art Thurian

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Just because the world is malleable by thought (i.e. magic) it doesn't mean that it must be an illusion.
It is a subjective experience but still feels as a simulation..... Maya, (Sanskrit: “magic” or “illusion”) a fundamental concept in Hindu philosophy, notably in the Advaita (Nondualist) school of Vedanta. Maya originally denoted "the magic power with which a God can make human beings believe in what turns out to be an illusion."

Please see here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I understand that this idea has a long and venerable history; I'm just saying that it's not the only possible answer.

To channel Xeno for a moment, what if it's an illusion that it's an illusion?

HoldAll

Apostle
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The simulation worldview also knocks the psychological-spirit model discussion into a cocked hat because then the spirits could well have an existence entirely independent from you but they would still be not 'real' because they're just simulations. Duh.