• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

about the dexter and sinister direction

madmhan

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 3, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
8
Many years from now, I read or heard about the sinister and dexter direction of movement and the correlation to retrogradation in astrological planetary movements. Now I can't remeber where I heard this from the beginning but it resurfaced in a podcast a few years ago. the planetary movements are counterclockwise, while the sky moves in the opposite direction making our lives and daily actions meating the planetary movement. That way we move towards the heavenly bodies. But during a planetary retrograde, it doesn't just retrace it own steps in the sky, but also moves with the sky, away from us. Needing us to exert more or less dicesiveness depending of the dignity of the planet and its placement throughout the zodiac. Also, our actions will not be mitigated by the benefics during this time, making less good actions be carried a long way before we need to readjust them. My thoughts here, is that the dexter movement, the right hand path, correlate to the movement of the sky starting in the east in est being oriental. Where the heavenly bodies rise and yet moving towards the the same place, slowly, from where they arised. Making us and our actions meat them from our earthly bound place.
So when a heavenly body turn retrograde, there wont be anything stopping our actions, making them be carried directly to the western part of the setting sky and going to bed there, the planets retrograding themselves might as well be giving it a faster push.

these are my thought and they aren't fully clean and articulated yet but I would love to get feed back on this and maybe some tips on reading on the topic. Maybe it isn't the right forum for this either and do enlighten me if that is the case.
 

Schimmel

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
19
Reaction score
27
This is written more as Journal entry and less like a Thread.
Since you asked for Feedback I will try to unscramble your text and give my Perspective.
Many years from now, I read or heard about the sinister and dexter direction of movement and the correlation to retrogradation in astrological planetary movements.
Not to be a nitpicking know-it-all, but your choice of grammatical tenses is quite curious.
Many years from now (Future), I read or heard (Past)...
This choice of words is maybe unintentional, but still quite fascinating.
As your sentence describes a Future event that, you in the Present know will happen, and thus lies in the Past for you.
The English call a similar tense the Future Perfect.
Now I can't remeber where I heard this from the beginning but it resurfaced in a podcast a few years ago.
The feeling that you can't remember where you heard or read this information might be because you haven't actually seen it in the Past, but know you will see it in the Future. The resurfacing of this information would then be the confirmation of your premonition.

Regarding your remaining Post, I am in no Way, Shape or Form well-read enough to give insightful commentary about the "sinister and dexter direction of movement and the correlation to retrogradation in astrological planetary movements".
But I know a thing or two about Opportunity and the Relation of Good and Evil.

while the sky moves in the opposite direction making our lives and daily actions meating the planetary movement. That way we move towards the heavenly bodies.
What your describe here is the Status Quo = The Way things are (but not necessarily the Way they ought to be).
But during a planetary retrograde, it doesn't just retrace it own steps in the sky, but also moves with the sky, away from us. Needing us to exert more or less dicesiveness depending of the dignity of the planet and its placement throughout the zodiac.
The Retracing of its own steps and thus moving away from us, is an act to reset and restore Balance.
When things are one Way for a long time, the universe changes its course to counteract it. See it as the balancing of a Scale.
Similar to the molten iron core of the Earth, that changes its spin direction every 35 years.
Also, our actions will not be mitigated by the benefics during this time, making less good actions be carried a long way before we need to readjust them.
As a result of the dwindling Status Quo, "less good actions" or better said actions that dont conform to the Status Quo are more effective and long-lasting.
My thoughts here, is that the dexter movement, the right hand path, correlate to the movement of the sky starting in the east in est being oriental. Where the heavenly bodies rise and yet moving towards the the same place, slowly, from where they arised. Making us and our actions meat them from our earthly bound place.
Sadly my Knowlegde about the planatery movements is not sufficient to comprehend this part. But I have a question for you.
Why do you say the Sky is moving towards the right-hand side? When the movement starts in the east and moves to the west, couldn't it also be described as left-hand sided? (east being right and west being left)

All in all I hope you found some Insight in my Feedback, although be it superficial.
For Future posts please clean up your Thesis and proof read it once or twice. This will not only help readers on this Forum, but also teach you to articulate better and more precisely.

Be well on your Travels,
Schimmel
 

madmhan

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 3, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
8
Thank you for reading and taking your time sharing your points. You are right I did make a sloppy work on the grammar, it should say. A long time ago from now.

I am an self taught astrologer and an art historian with a interest in religion, anthropology and psychology.

What I described as the dexter movement is in history connected to the eastern horizon where the sun rises and starting our day. Old churces have their entrence at the west, often as a monumental westwork, and the chancel at the east.

I didn't write out the whole thing and as you might see ebglish isn't my first language.

The movement from east to west is following the suns movement and the setting in the west starts the the end of the matter when sun reaches the lowest part of the sky, the nadir och aimum coueli.

But what I have tried to put to words is the right and left hand path through the western culture of how we percieve good and evil.

It is a western view regarding the sepsration of it all and lots of esoteric and occult tradition did percieve thoughts about the world through the western framing that runs back to neo platonic thinking.

Either way, I wil try to respond better shortly and try to move my text to the journal forum.
 
Top