• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [Absinthe/Euoi] La Santisima Muerte

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
La Santisima Muerte

Hello everyone! I had a thread a while back on La Flaca, but it was very lacking in information. I'm writing this thread to make up for that.
So, let's get started!
First off, Who is La Santisima Muerte?
She is the personification/manifestation of your very own Death. She's your reaper. It may seem strange to most westerners that someone would actually venerate the entity that's going to end you. But Santisima Muerte manifested in a Mexican cultural background. Death isn't treated so grimly. Día de los muertos is a celebration of the spirits of the dead in Mexico. It's pretty common for families to visit graves and have parties. They bring out food, beer, mariachi players, it's quite a sight to see.
It is this culture that Santisima Muerte manifested. No wonder, huh? Along With the Mexican reverence for the dead, you also get Catholicism. This is another aspect of Mexican culture that Santisima Muerte manifested through. Not only is she Death personified, but she is Death personified AS A SAINT. Santisima comes from "Santa". Santa can either mean "Holy" or "Saint" (ie Santa Barbara is Saint Barbara).
La Santisima is, unlike many other saints, not canonized. That means she is recognized as a saint by the catholic church or any other Christian denomination. That makes her a folk saint.
She can be approached for practically anything, wealth to courts to cursing to healing, she is very much all purpose. But you don't simply ask "Santisima muerte", you petition her through her robes.
Who are the robes?
La Santisima Muerte has three traditional robe colours that she wears. White (La Niña Blanca), Red (La Niña Roja), and Black (La Niña Negra). These are the three original robes. Since her introduction into botanicas, she has been given many others, but they are unnecessary. The three robe system covers almost all desires.
La Niña Blanca was born the moment Life was. She is the eldest and sits beside God in Heaven. She can help in any thing wherein the natural order has been broken. She can break any magical working, cleanse you of negativity, and effect powerful cures of diseases. La Blanca must be covered in workings with La Negra.
La Roja is the red robe. She is commonly thought to be a love sorcereress. While she may work somewhat in that capacity, her office is in material desires in general. Her robe is the color of blood, therefore the color of the living. She concerns herself with your terrestrial desires. Money, luck, courts, jobs, justice, etc. are under her power.
What I want discuss particularly in relation to La Roja is her function as a love sorceress. If you want your ex to come back crawling on their knees, whipped into submission, and possibly mentally scarred, she's your gal. But if your want to effect true reconciliation, move on. She is similar to the tranquil spirit in this regard.
La Roja is also one of the "hot aspects". La Blanca is cool, but La Roja is a burning fire. She is very capable of burning through shit that stands in your way. So be careful with her lest ye be burned. She was born when Adam and Eve first fucked.
La Niña Negra is the most viscous and wild. She was born when Cain murdered Abel. Her offices are similar to La Blanca, she can protect from and break witchcraft. But, she can also crush enemies. La Negra's work must not be witnessed by La, Blanca. For she alone goes down into hell and recruits the most vile of demons to do her dirty work. She will destroy those who've harmed you if you ask her, and she gives them exactly what they deserve. And if that be death, they will get death. Before one works with La Negra, they should have an Amparo with St Michael or St Cyprian in place and take cleansing baths afterwards to protect oneself from her corrosive presence.

Each person has a dominant robe in their life. This means that is the robe to whom you have the most affinity. It's basically like in the ATRs, where some spirits walk with a person. When you find this out, you will place her statue in the middle of the other two as a standard "pose" for your altar.

The Opening Prayers
These are used before any working or service to open the session and get her attention:
1 Our Father
3 Hail Marys
1 Glory Be
Prayer to St Michael (St Michael the archangel, defend us in our day of battle etc.)
And then:
Almighty God, before your Divine Presence, (sign of the cross) in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I ask permission to invoke the Santisima Muerte. Holy and Powerful Mother, at this moment I beg for your presence and intervention. Through the great power, which God has given you, I beg of you to hear my prayers and grant me all the favors I ask of you until the last day, hour, and moment when the Divine Majesty shall call me before his presence. Santisima Muerte, beloved of my heart, do not abandon me without your protection. (Sign of the cross) In the name of the Father, the Son ,and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

When you wish to close the session, say three our fathers.

Statue
You can start With a statue of La Blanca, then Roja, then Negra. The statues should be of a size that they will easily fit on her altar. Under 10 inches is good. Before using them in devotion, you must baptize them. This is so that La Santisima places her spirit within them.
You do this by mixing catholic holy water, tap water, and siete machos perfume. Clean the statue of all dirt with a dry cloth. Then lean it over the bowl backwards and pour some water over her head, saying:
In the name of the father, the son, and holy spirit. Amen.
Blow cigarette smoke over it. Pray for her to inhabit the statue and receive devotion from you.

The Altar
This is where La Santisima's presence is cultivated in your life. It must be permanent and never be without offerings. This should be somewhat isolated from other altars. Except for spaces dedicated to her sister La Virgen de Guadalupe and/or St Michael. The altar should also be around waist height AT LEAST.
Upon the altar you will place the statues of the robes (available at literally any botanica, she is very popular), a vase of flowers (preferably white), a glass of water, the Amparo, a plate of food (bread, sweets, and fruit), and an ash tray. Before you do this, you must consecrate it:
Wash it with the same water used in her baptism. Dry it off. Take some white copal incense and burn it. Waft the smoke around the altar praying for La Santisima Muerte to purify and bless it. Complete the consecration by placing the statue upon it, anointing with siete machos perfume, and burning down a candle in her honor.

The Amparo
This is such an important tool for people who wish to work with La Flaca. Remember, she is the personification of death. So naturally, she carries around death essence. While this is not necessary for regular devotion, it is for actual spellwork. In the beginning, it is recommended that you use the Amparo in all works. But as you become more acquainted with her, it can be reserved for works with La Negra.
The Amparo is a protective pact made with St Michael or St Cyprian. They are called upon to keep you safe. To create this, you will need a red candle (for St Michael) or a purple candle for St, Cyprian. I prefer to use glass encased 7 day candles as they last longer. Get two holy cards of the saint you wish to protect you. Place them back to back with the images of the saint facing out. Tape three sides together. In between, slip in some hair through the fourth opening. Tape that up too. Place the candle on top on the altar. You work it by lighting it after the recitation of St Michael's prayer during the opening prayers.

Devotional Service
Pick a day out of the week where you can hold a regular session with her. I usually do it on Sunday night. Refresh the food/water as needed.
You should have a non-offertory candle to burn that is the same color as your dominant robe. If you don't know who that is, use white. You should also have one or two tea light candles to burn down as offerings.
Have also a cigarette and copal incense.
Start by lighting the non offertory candle and using the opening prayers. Begin burning the incense and the cigarette. Blow some smoke over Her image. Continue to smoke the cigarette as you talk and communicate with her. When you're done, pray three our fathers and snuff out the non offertory candle.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
... cont

Feast Days

Like any other Saint, La Santisima has feast days. There are two in fact. One is Good Friday. This is the day that God sent Her to reap Christ on the cross, her greatest honor. The second is Dia de Los Muertos, November 1St.
To celebrate them, you can clean her altar, give new flowers (I use roses on Good Friday and marigolds on Nov 1St) and recite her rosary. And also, visit the cemetery and clean abandoned graves and leave offerings there for the dead.

Workings
I'm not going to give any workings in this thread, but just some pointers.
Before any working, invoke her by the opening prayers.
When working a specific robe, move that statue to the middle of the three, always making sure La Negra is to La Blanca's right.
I've found that she's very willing to let me ree write hoodoo workings to call upon her power instead. You can also find many workings in booklets at botanicas.
Candle burning is one the most traditional and effective means of petitioning her. Especially nine days in a row. She also accepts the use of oil lamps, which were absorbed into the cult through interaction with Cuban Santeros (santeria practitioners).
If your statue has a removable scythe, you can place them on top of enemy photographs. You can also wrap petition papers around the scythe and place them back in her hand.
You can leave spell remains in the cemetery regardless of the spell's intent as the cemetery is her home.
Be careful with her! Be specific in your requests. She is a hot spirit and you don't want her fire to get out of control.
That's all I can think of!

I hope you all enjoyed this thread! If there's interest in her, I'll post some workings I've used successfully with her.

imagedotjpeg

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this! Honestly, a few years ago, before I had returned to witchcraft I was a bit afraid of La Santa Muerte. I am raised Catholic and I asked my mom what she thought of La Santisima. She said she was evil and I should never pray to her. This thread is so informative, I didn't expect to read this tonight. I don't think I'll ever ask for La Santisimas help, but I do see her in a more positive light now.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you so much for this! Honestly, a few years ago, before I had returned to witchcraft I was a bit afraid of La Santa Muerte. I am raised Catholic and I asked my mom what she thought of La Santisima. She said she was evil and I should never pray to her. This thread is so informative, I didn't expect to read this tonight. I don't think I'll ever ask for La Santisimas help, but I do see her in a more positive light now.
I'm glad you found it useful/helped you see her in a different light!

I too was raised Catholic, but I have since then abandoned applying any strict and exclusive religious labels to myself, and personally, I don't judge tools/dieties/spirits/spells to be good or bad, but what you use them for can be good or bad.

guwope

Neophyte
Reaction score
Love this, I actually just started with santa muerte to be honest. I'm very new to this. I been into meditating, manifesting and all that good stuff. I've been thinking about working with her and finally went out and bought a statue incense candles and all that. I've been praying to her for 3 days now, I didn't do exactly what you said to do. You think I should start over and follow your directions? I don't know if praying is working. Honestly I don't feel like it is and its only been 3 days I know but it def discourages me. You seem to know alot and I would love to learn and take any advice you can offer.

Peavstar

Visitor
Reaction score
La Santisima Muerte

Hello everyone! I had a thread a while back on La Flaca, but it was very lacking in information. I'm writing this thread to make up for that.
So, let's get started!
She is the personification/manifestation of your very own Death. She's your reaper. It may seem strange to most westerners that someone would actually venerate the entity that's going to end you. But Santisima Muerte manifested in a Mexican cultural background. Death isn't treated so grimly. Día de los muertos is a celebration of the spirits of the dead in Mexico. It's pretty common for families to visit graves and have parties. They bring out food, beer, mariachi players, it's quite a sight to see.
It is this culture that Santisima Muerte manifested. No wonder, huh? Along With the Mexican reverence for the dead, you also get Catholicism. This is another aspect of Mexican culture that Santisima Muerte manifested through. Not only is she Death personified, but she is Death personified AS A SAINT. Santisima comes from "Santa". Santa can either mean "Holy" or "Saint" (ie Santa Barbara is Saint Barbara).
La Santisima is, unlike many other saints, not canonized. That means she is recognized as a saint by the catholic church or any other Christian denomination. That makes her a folk saint.
She can be approached for practically anything, wealth to courts to cursing to healing, she is very much all purpose. But you don't simply ask "Santisima muerte", you petition her through her robes.
Who are the robes?
La Santisima Muerte has three traditional robe colours that she wears. White (La Niña Blanca), Red (La Niña Roja), and Black (La Niña Negra). These are the three original robes. Since her introduction into botanicas, she has been given many others, but they are unnecessary. The three robe system covers almost all desires.
La Niña Blanca was born the moment Life was. She is the eldest and sits beside God in Heaven. She can help in any thing wherein the natural order has been broken. She can break any magical working, cleanse you of negativity, and effect powerful cures of diseases. La Blanca must be covered in workings with La Negra.
La Roja is the red robe. She is commonly thought to be a love sorcereress. While she may work somewhat in that capacity, her office is in material desires in general. Her robe is the color of blood, therefore the color of the living. She concerns herself with your terrestrial desires. Money, luck, courts, jobs, justice, etc. are under her power.
What I want discuss particularly in relation to La Roja is her function as a love sorceress. If you want your ex to come back crawling on their knees, whipped into submission, and possibly mentally scarred, she's your gal. But if your want to effect true reconciliation, move on. She is similar to the tranquil spirit in this regard.
La Roja is also one of the "hot aspects". La Blanca is cool, but La Roja is a burning fire. She is very capable of burning through shit that stands in your way. So be careful with her lest ye be burned. She was born when Adam and Eve first fucked.
La Niña Negra is the most viscous and wild. She was born when Cain murdered Abel. Her offices are similar to La Blanca, she can protect from and break witchcraft. But, she can also crush enemies. La Negra's work must not be witnessed by La, Blanca. For she alone goes down into hell and recruits the most vile of demons to do her dirty work. She will destroy those who've harmed you if you ask her, and she gives them exactly what they deserve. And if that be death, they will get death. Before one works with La Negra, they should have an Amparo with St Michael or St Cyprian in place and take cleansing baths afterwards to protect oneself from her corrosive presence.

Each person has a dominant robe in their life. This means that is the robe to whom you have the most affinity. It's basically like in the ATRs, where some spirits walk with a person. When you find this out, you will place her statue in the middle of the other two as a standard "pose" for your altar.

The Opening Prayers
These are used before any working or service to open the session and get her attention:
1 Our Father
3 Hail Marys
1 Glory Be
Prayer to St Michael (St Michael the archangel, defend us in our day of battle etc.)
And then:
Almighty God, before your Divine Presence, (sign of the cross) in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I ask permission to invoke the Santisima Muerte. Holy and Powerful Mother, at this moment I beg for your presence and intervention. Through the great power, which God has given you, I beg of you to hear my prayers and grant me all the favors I ask of you until the last day, hour, and moment when the Divine Majesty shall call me before his presence. Santisima Muerte, beloved of my heart, do not abandon me without your protection. (Sign of the cross) In the name of the Father, the Son ,and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Statue
You can start With a statue of La Blanca, then Roja, then Negra. The statues should be of a size that they will easily fit on her altar. Under 10 inches is good. Before using them in devotion, you must baptize them. This is so that La Santisima places her spirit within them.
You do this by mixing catholic holy water, tap water, and siete machos perfume. Clean the statue of all dirt with a dry cloth. Then lean it over the bowl backwards and pour some water over her head, saying:
Blow cigarette smoke over it. Pray for her to inhabit the statue and receive devotion from you.

The Altar
This is where La Santisima's presence is cultivated in your life. It must be permanent and never be without offerings. This should be somewhat isolated from other altars. Except for spaces dedicated to her sister La Virgen de Guadalupe and/or St Michael. The altar should also be around waist height AT LEAST.
Upon the altar you will place the statues of the robes (available at literally any botanica, she is very popular), a vase of flowers (preferably white), a glass of water, the Amparo, a plate of food (bread, sweets, and fruit), and an ash tray. Before you do this, you must consecrate it:
Wash it with the same water used in her baptism. Dry it off. Take some white copal incense and burn it. Waft the smoke around the altar praying for La Santisima Muerte to purify and bless it. Complete the consecration by placing the statue upon it, anointing with siete machos perfume, and burning down a candle in her honor.

The Amparo
This is such an important tool for people who wish to work with La Flaca. Remember, she is the personification of death. So naturally, she carries around death essence. While this is not necessary for regular devotion, it is for actual spellwork. In the beginning, it is recommended that you use the Amparo in all works. But as you become more acquainted with her, it can be reserved for works with La Negra.
The Amparo is a protective pact made with St Michael or St Cyprian. They are called upon to keep you safe. To create this, you will need a red candle (for St Michael) or a purple candle for St, Cyprian. I prefer to use glass encased 7 day candles as they last longer. Get two holy cards of the saint you wish to protect you. Place them back to back with the images of the saint facing out. Tape three sides together. In between, slip in some hair through the fourth opening. Tape that up too. Place the candle on top on the altar. You work it by lighting it after the recitation of St Michael's prayer during the opening prayers.

Devotional Service
Pick a day out of the week where you can hold a regular session with her. I usually do it on Sunday night. Refresh the food/water as needed.
You should have a non-offertory candle to burn that is the same color as your dominant robe. If you don't know who that is, use white. You should also have one or two tea light candles to burn down as offerings.
Start by lighting the non offertory candle and using the opening prayers. Begin burning the incense and the cigarette. Blow some smoke over Her image. Continue to smoke the cigarette as you talk and communicate with her. When you're done, pray three our fathers and snuff out the non offertory candle.
Thank You for this! A lot of value in the information you posted.

oggunista80

Neophyte
Reaction score
Very informative perspective. But i will warn you about this entity though (santa muerte), there ARE unmarked graves in Mexico with families that are killed my narcos who worship this enitity. Many narco's kill or eliminate rivals and their families(women and children) as an offering to this entity or one of its aspects. Personally- i steer clear of her and she is not welcome in my home or my practice for this reason.
From everything ive experienced and seen-this enitity is a remanifestion of one of three (possible all of them) blood Gods of indigenous Mexica.
Do what thou wilt-but be VERY cautious fucking around with this entity, it has lots of power from thousands of years of blood offerings. She's connected most to the culture, land and blood lines of the Mexica desendents. When you go down there-you can feel it in the ambience

Lmrb19

Neophyte
Reaction score
@SkullTraill Thank you for sharing. I have always wanted to learn about these types of cultural beliefs and folk magicks and saints. While I doubt I would ever devote to Her, I am very thankful for the information. Knowledge is power after all.
@oggunista80 Thank you for your perspective and tid bits of history that you’ve found. I greatly appreciate the information. 😊

dragonmagus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Beautiful all you said about beloved Santa Muerte. For transformation and bettering yourself, she tells you like it is so you can grow. I had to research those narco stories first since it sounded of interest. But it just seemed like in every way, practice or religion some people just do their own thing outside the original way or practice or religion. Or some people just do what they do. If one makes the leap better to not be in fear or can be called to her. A very strong spirit, very good for court cases, etc cases when you are innocent and have been lied on. She frees you, keeps doors open, and protects in ways you know it's her. Different paths for different people, it's all good..

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
La Santisima Muerte

So, let's get started!
Who are the robes?

The Opening Prayers
1 Our Father
3 Hail Marys
1 Glory Be
And then:

Statue

The Altar

The Amparo

Devotional Service
Interesting... In West Africa, these are hunters' colors and the colors of some of the Northern forest peoples.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting... In West Africa, these are hunters' colors and the colors of some of the Northern forest peoples.
Interesting indeed. I wonder if the previous author of this post, on the first incarnation of WF was aware of this.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have had several talks with santa muerte, but when i asked her if she could work within an islamic paradigm, as is mine, the answer was no.

I know about the south america-africa connection and it is my believe there is an old grudge, whether big or small, between the paradigms.

We didnt talk about it further though, sometimes its better to leave such things unsaid.

For me personally, i liked the things she could show, but she or her ways, became sort of addictive very fast. So it is a no for the both of us. We wave at each other every now and then, when we pass each other. And thats it.

Nice lady, with proper spiritual respect for different beings and ways. Just dont make her angry. And why should you anyways. 😉