• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Success Story Accidentally meeting a spirit.

A post about how a spell, ritual, or other type of magick worked.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This is a long story, but a success story nonetheless.

I rarely work with spirits directly, by that I mean that I don't "keep" spirits. I choose to work this way for a few personal reasons, but where a priest/priestess of a tradition grows close to their spirits through daily rites and acknowledgements, and are thus seen as family, I approach spirits respectfully but more in a business way.

Most of my evocations are planned with the intent of learning from the spirit and obtaining aid in acquiring a form of mastery over a subject/idea. It's more like I'm coming to study at the house of a master, less like I'm asking them to work on my behalf.

That being said, even approaching spirits in a more formal fashion can have unintended, funny consequences.

At the start of Covid really kicking off my job was deemed "essential" so I was able to keep my job. My relief at this fact was shortly turned upside down as we soon ran out of work...but my employer still expected me to arrive at my appointed work site each day, "just in case."

I soon became bored, and I hate boredom. I decided to do something about it, so after sprinkling a little powder on my bosses chair before a team meeting, I asked if I could leave early after finishing my work for the day....you know, so I wouldn't catch Covid wink wink

"Well, you're salaried so...yeah, just be ready for late meetings, but I'll give you a few days heads up if we have any." was my immediate supervisors answer.

I knew I could finish my assignments in about 3 hours, so that freed up 5 hours of my day. I knew the pandemic would play havoc with the stock market, so I wanted to get some money quick so I could pad my portfolio.

Seeking advice, I turned to my favorite grimoire (and the only one I use for practical and planetary workings) and began searching for someone to help me find a route to quick cash. It didn't have to be sustainable, just quick so I could buy low.

I found such a few spirits listed that I knew could help, and after divination I found that one of the night spirits was my best bet.

Now, I'm not a HUGE stickler for always working with the spirit at a time appointed in a grimoire, but I definitely am when it comes to first contact. I want to make a good impression.

Problem was, this wasn't any night spirit, it's actually a duo, and they had to be called fairly early in the morning...on a weekday. (A more intelligent man would have scheduled the next day off at work, I am not a more intelligent man.)

So, I had to call them early in the AM.

After getting underway and making contact, I began my standard introduction, listing what I had to as instructed by the grimoire...etc. Things were going well for a first contact.

The spirits, though new to me, behaved much like others in their order I had already met, and they seemed amicable enough to me and my cause.

Things were going well, so well that I actually lost sense of myself and the mirror I was using to scry. This is one of the rare times I can say I actually "left" here and was somewhere else. I can still recall the vivid colors and banners the spirits carried as signs of office.

They even helped me find the best path to generate the most cash in the specified time frame.

However, as their suggestion reached me and I could see the paths of my fate play out before me... I felt drowsy. The early morning got to me.

The next thing I knew I snapped back to attention immediately, and painfully aware that the room I was I had changed.

New colors and banners flew, new flora and fauna graced the court I stood in, and of course the spirits I saw were completely different.

"I...uh...it's a different planetary hour...isn't it?" I remember asking sheepishly.

As it turns out, I really did get my answer from one spirit, pass out, then wake up in the same place in a different hour. I remember after the evocation, checking my clock and finding to my surprise that it was about 20 minutes into the next planetary hour.

So, I can say I accidentally met a spiritual being. I haven't had much need to contact the accidentally met spirit again (other than to apologize, but I hope I left a good impression.

It was a funny little proof to me that the other side operates on their own mechanics, and they don't always account for human shortcomings.

And for any interested, the quick cash grab worked and I was able to buy a number of stocks I wanted for my dividend portfolio, and made some nice gains off trading crypto.

Spirits, they work, and how!

N0th