• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Acestral Veneration

Fork Nan Pwen

Neophyte
Reaction score
The following is an excerpt from my blog:

The absolute foundation of your spirituality is your ancestry. They are the roots of the tree from which you have blossomed forth into this world. Within your veins flows the power of gained through the hardships your ancestors endured in life. Generation after generation toiling in hopes that their futures through their children may be rich and strong. The holiest of blood sacrifices made in your name came from the blood, sweat, and tears of their struggles. They are the allies that you may not have realized that you have always had, vigilant and ever watching protecting the blood that sustains their life.

Without you, your ancestors will cease to exist; likewise, without their positive influences all that you do will be for naught. To deny your ancestors would be to put yourself in opposition with not only the universe, but also the blood that flows through your veins. You are the vessel by which they are able to manifest in this world, and through you they are able to experience life. However small you may find your position in the world, to them, you are beyond scope and they are intimately involved in every aspect of your life. They become filled with pride at every small triumph and are ready to provide solace when life brings short-comings.

It is for all this and more that time should be dedicate to the honor and veneration of your ancestors. Their honor and respect is spiritual nourishment for your soul and the strength of your character. In the same way that you are sustained by food, your spirituality is sustained by proper care and appreciation of your ancestors. The most potent form of spiritual development you will experience will be through the veneration of your ancestors. As they elevate through your work and sacrifices to them, so will your mind elevate and open to their positive and restorative influence. They will show their appreciation with you by helping to shape your life with opportunities and as they heal so shall you.

When you begin to serve your ancestors you should begin with simple offerings of light and water. The offering of light is to bring forth illumination of not only the darkness that they dwell in, but also to bring light into the depths of your mind. Water is important as it evokes many symbols and connects you to your ancestors in many ways. The act of offering water to a guest in your home is not only to bring them something to drink, but also allowing your guest to cleanse and refresh themselves of their toil. It is also the medium by which they communicate, sleeping with a glass of water near your head will create a medium by which they can deliver messages to you in your dreams. Below is a simple yet powerful ceremony you can perform every Saturday to enhance your connection with your ancestors:

You will need: A white saucer or a white cloth placed on your nightstand or near your head where you sleep, a tea candle, and a glass of water.
Face east holding the lit tea candle and water in your hands and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side and mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow by slightly lowering your knees without lowering your head. Turn right until you are facing west and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow again. Turn left until you are facing north and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow again. Turn right until you are facing south and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow. Take the water and candle and place them on the white cloth or saucer and go to sleep. If you are uncomfortable with having a candle burning in your sleep you may snuff it with a candle snuffer, but do not blow it out.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

The absolute foundation of your spirituality is your ancestry. They are the roots of the tree from which you have blossomed forth into this world. Within your veins flows the power of gained through the hardships your ancestors endured in life. Generation after generation toiling in hopes that their futures through their children may be rich and strong. The holiest of blood sacrifices made in your name came from the blood, sweat, and tears of their struggles. They are the allies that you may not have realized that you have always had, vigilant and ever watching protecting the blood that sustains their life.

Without you, your ancestors will cease to exist; likewise, without their positive influences all that you do will be for naught. To deny your ancestors would be to put yourself in opposition with not only the universe, but also the blood that flows through your veins. You are the vessel by which they are able to manifest in this world, and through you they are able to experience life. However small you may find your position in the world, to them, you are beyond scope and they are intimately involved in every aspect of your life. They become filled with pride at every small triumph and are ready to provide solace when life brings short-comings.

It is for all this and more that time should be dedicate to the honor and veneration of your ancestors. Their honor and respect is spiritual nourishment for your soul and the strength of your character. In the same way that you are sustained by food, your spirituality is sustained by proper care and appreciation of your ancestors. The most potent form of spiritual development you will experience will be through the veneration of your ancestors. As they elevate through your work and sacrifices to them, so will your mind elevate and open to their positive and restorative influence. They will show their appreciation with you by helping to shape your life with opportunities and as they heal so shall you.

When you begin to serve your ancestors you should begin with simple offerings of light and water. The offering of light is to bring forth illumination of not only the darkness that they dwell in, but also to bring light into the depths of your mind. Water is important as it evokes many symbols and connects you to your ancestors in many ways. The act of offering water to a guest in your home is not only to bring them something to drink, but also allowing your guest to cleanse and refresh themselves of their toil. It is also the medium by which they communicate, sleeping with a glass of water near your head will create a medium by which they can deliver messages to you in your dreams. Below is a simple yet powerful ceremony you can perform every Saturday to enhance your connection with your ancestors:

You will need: A white saucer or a white cloth placed on your nightstand or near your head where you sleep, a tea candle, and a glass of water.
Face east holding the lit tea candle and water in your hands and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side and mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow by slightly lowering your knees without lowering your head. Turn right until you are facing west and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow again. Turn left until you are facing north and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow again. Turn right until you are facing south and say, “Spirits of my family, father’s side mother’s side, love honor respect.”
Pour a drop of water on the ground and bow. Take the water and candle and place them on the white cloth or saucer and go to sleep. If you are uncomfortable with having a candle burning in your sleep you may snuff it with a candle snuffer, but do not blow it out.
This is wonderful! Our Ancestors live also through us, and we live through them.

May I add, that those from your past-lives, are also your Ancestors. And, the many versions of yourself too. Great blog!

Fork Nan Pwen

Neophyte
Reaction score
I would be cautious in assuming that ancestors are versions of yourself or previous incarnations. We simply aren't that special, nor would it serve much purpose for that to be the case. That idea stems from a fear of losing identity at death which is exactly what happens. Even if it was true that ancestors were past selves, why would it matter? Talking to yourself and lighting candles to yourself is little more than naval gazing.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

I read this years ago on a forum where you posted it and have been doing it since then.

Reaction score
Awards

Just had a heart to heart with my collective ancestors because of your post, thank you :)

As a former Mormon, Ive been to the Temple where the Baptism for the dead are done among other services.
I researched my family line back into the 1600s with their help. Past that, its the domain of Scottish and Irish, and English, and Welsh records. I am considering a good DNA test. I would have liked to have done one before C19 and the shots which some claim it alters. Unless DNA results all trace back to China, I think Im all good with getting that DNA test. (shot at humor regarding the far out theories)

Anyway, will setup an altar for honoring and respecting them, will take time to learn more about them and try to connect with their light; in addition to an altar for ha-Shem.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would be cautious in assuming that ancestors are versions of yourself or previous incarnations. We simply aren't that special, nor would it serve much purpose for that to be the case. That idea stems from a fear of losing identity at death which is exactly what happens. Even if it was true that ancestors were past selves, why would it matter? Talking to yourself and lighting candles to yourself is little more than naval gazing.

You have your typical Ancestors, plus you have Past-lives version of yourself that are a part of Your Soul. And, who said that we aren't special? We are more than just vessels. We all are One, in The Universe's Eyes. The Universe, interact with Him/Herself in many ways. But, I can't convince you, you have to see it yourself.

Fork Nan Pwen

Neophyte
Reaction score
You have your typical Ancestors, plus you have Past-lives version of yourself that are a part of Your Soul. And, who said that we aren't special? We are more than just vessels. We all are One, in The Universe's Eyes. The Universe, interact with Him/Herself in many ways. But, I can't convince you, you have to see it yourself.
Ah yes, the enlightened self-referential "I can't convince you, you have to see it yourself."

In other words, "I made this up to soothe my ego from the horror of it's death."

RabbitPants

Neophyte
Reaction score
Is this really what happens? I agree with most of your points, yet here you contradict yourself:

"I made this up to soothe my ego from the horror of it's death."
You talk about ancestors, you ridicule another individual for not being able to prove his ideas to you, yet you are also incapable of definitively proving your own ideas to anyone else.

I don't know what your ancestors believed, reincarnation into your line was believed in by Germanic peoples though, this was part of the importance of keeping your line pure according to the standards of the time. They believed that before a child developed their real teeth, they did not yet possess a soul. This created two possibilities, that either an unknown soul was going to enter that child, or a recent ancestor or hero was going to incarnate. They had a form of "puzzle" which would determine the identity, something recollected from the previous life. My source is the secret of the she-bear.