• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Aghori: An Untold Story

Talk about a book(s)

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
A whiles back someone mentioned avoiding toilets and graveyards as venues for energy-harvesting. I recalled the Aghori siddhis often spend a great deal of time hanging out in cremation grounds and the like. I dug up "Aghori: An Untold Story" by one Mayur Kalbag. By his anecdotal account, he spent some weeks among the aghori. An interesting read. The animating insight among the order seems to be that with proper training one can assimilate and use even (so-called) negative energies. Kind of like food, I guess. My wife can't tolerate any variation in food or leftovers. Myself (with a somewhat irregular history) can eat dogs*** and drink kerosene. The book is worth a look.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Heh, yet another book to read. I found a download, so I'll check it out.

The copy available on annas-archive ends with a cliffhanger after 19 chapters but so does the table of contents of the sample on amazon so it seems to be a complete version, maybe I'll upload it later. Robert E. Svoboda's Aghora was interesting so let's see how this one holds up.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I am in the middle of the book. It's turning into a neo-medieval chain of miracle stories. If true, great. It's just that I don't find tales of holy men travelling out-of-body to grab their new buddy a beer particularly edifying.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
It's just that I don't find tales of holy men travelling out-of-body to grab their new buddy a beer particularly edifying.
I was about to delay reading Black Elk Speaks so I could post some comments on this book, but you make it sound like a particular Hollywood sequel trilogy to adapted to Siddhartha, just without Adam Driver's bare chest.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
One tall fairy tale after the other… Lobsang Rampa comes to mind. As a novel it would be trash, as a quasi-factual account or a spiritual parable... Castaneda did it way better, no contest. I don't think I'll finish that one.