• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Club Agrippa’s Philosophy of Nature

A communal reading and discussion exercise for a particular book/series.

forki54

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 6, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Hey folks,
If you are looking for a text that explores ancient mysticism through a purely intellectual lens, you should check out "Three Books of Occult Philosophy" by Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa.
Don't let the name fool you; there are zero spell recipes or practical rituals in this book. It is fundamentally a work of early modern metaphysics and natural philosophy.
Agrippa attempts to map out how the universe works by dividing it into three realms: the physical, the mathematical, and the intellectual. It reads more like a philosophical encyclopedia on how Renaissance thinkers viewed the interconnectedness of all things.
It’s a brilliant text for anyone who wants to study historical worldview shifts. Highly recommended for the metaphysicians here!"

Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa – Three Books of Occult Philosophy




I want reach library I hope this is my first and not my last tims share book for you guys stay safe
 

LionheartG

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
12
Cornelius was a genius who was truly ahead of his time. He's certainly a favorite of mine when it comes to Renaissance occultists, so much so I did my best to track his gravesite down because I wanted to visit him, pay my respects and maybe do a bit of necromancy to call him up for a chat lol. He's a Leonardo Da Vinci of the occult, and truly underrated. It's truly a pity he's overlooked.

Unfortunately, his grave has been lost to the sands of time.
 

nunaphael

Zealot
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
132
Reaction score
197
Awards
2
Agreed. I actually base most of my own personal gnosis on his work. Three Books on Occult Philosophy is the cornerstone of my entire practice. From there, I branch into seidr and galdr folk magic a lot, and the primary activity of my work involves the conjuration and assistance of spirits, which I do using a blend of agrippa's methods, the grimorium verum tradition, and old norse world building/lore instead of solomonic/judeo-christian and hebrew lore. I prefer the morals and stories of indo-europe so I work within a paradigm of the nine realms and yggdrassil rather than the sephiroth. Functionally its the same thing and "works" just as well, at least for me. You can do everything agrippa teaches using any alphabet or world view you want.
 
Top