• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Collection Alan Chapman Collection

Share a single link to multiple books.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
A new paradigm that delivers a genuine transformation of occultism. The author assumes no previous knowledge, only a willingness to explore what magick offers, yet it is apparent to anyone with a background in the subject that Alan Chapman is drawing on a wide range of experience, from classical Crowleyean Magick, to eastern metaphysics, and back again to Discordianism and Chaos Magick. Chapman's writing-style is humorous, direct, seductively logical, and his enthusiasm for the benefits of magick is both tangible and infectious. The novice magician will indeed find themselves equipped to commence all sorts of magickal operations: trance work, enchantment, divination, and even some of the higher forms of spiritual development. To experienced magicians, Chapman offers a subtler challenge: he revitalises magick by cutting it free from the extreme relativism Chaos Magick bequeathed, provocatively redefining it as: the art, science and culture of experiencing truth. ("Advanced Magick for Beginners")

Content:

Alan Chapman, Duncan Barford - The Blood of the Saints
Alan Chapman, Duncan Barford - The Urn
Alan Chapman, Duncan Barford - A Desert of Roses
Alan Chapman- Advanced Magick for Beginners
Alan Chapman - The Camel Rides Again

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Vocerildo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you... but i think that his last book is still missing: 'Magia'...

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you... but i think that his last book is still missing: 'Magia'...
Haven't been able to find it yet... maybe you'd like to make a formal request in Book Requests, such comments just get buried in threads like this one.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
@HoldAll There seems to be a audiobook version, can you confirm its the one?

I've listened to the first ones of these. My understanding is that the audio is the same teachings as the book. It's the recordings of the full sessions he presented.

They were converted into a book; they're not a companion to the book. So it's a valid way of getting the full teachings, arguably more valid.

(As an unedited live recording though, they're pretty slow paced and involve a lot of "pauses for effect" so you might still have a strong preference for the book version)

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
@HoldAll There seems to be a audiobook version, can you confirm its the one?

No idea. I don't have the book, have I, so there's nothing to compare these recordings with. The amazon preview has an index with 12 chapters as well; the few pages shown there look in fact like a transcript, so the audio files on the author's site may be a valid alternative.