• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Journal Alchemical Journey

A record of a users' progress or achievements in their particular practice.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
So here it is, the place where I will register my journey to learn and understand alchemy.
While I wish I could do both spiritual and material alchemy, as I believe that doing both is much more beneficial than doing only one, my lack of disposable income means that dealing with laboratorial alchemy will have to lag behind until I can pay for it properly.

Until then my focus will be mostly on spiritual alchemy.

For starters I will pick a few books to read, make some annotations on them and truly try to understand their content, and then apply whatever I learn in a direct practice.
Hopefully by the middle of the year I will have more knowledge about alchemy than I do now.
May I be a better and more knowledgeable "me" at the end of this journey.

ps: Technically speaking this is a never-ending journey, but for the sake of the lifetime of this journal I will at most write here until the end of 2024, then the continuation will be on my personal journals at home.
Post automatically merged:

I already picked a few books to read, for starters.
But I'm also looking to watch some videos about alchemy as well as interviews with alchemists in order to understand their perspective over this great art.

The books chosen for this initial phase are:
  • Alchemist's Handbook
  • A Treatise on The Great Art
  • Alchemy: An Introduction to the Symbolism and Psychology
  • The Forge and The Crucible(already reading this one)
And the extra materials for this initial phase are:

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
So far, so good.
Gaining knowledge is just the first step, I still have to learn it well enough to make it my own and that takes time, but I'm not in a hurry to become a "master alchemist" or anything.

In regards to your questions:
  1. I have previous magical understanding of some subjects(nothing major), but never really tried to practice it until last year.
  2. I have dabbled a lot in psychic skills when I was younger, but since I lacked discipline and focus in the end I didn't achieve anything of interest.So, same with my magical practices, it is a recent thing actually doing the proper work to try to make it happen.

EliasArtista

Neophyte
Reaction score
I see, my experience with other people showed me that I was able to make certain "substances" react while they couldn't even though we all made the same procedure because I had previous internal work. Highly recommended as certain salts and completed elixirs will be like astral anchors by which certain beings will guide you or talk to you. This has been key in my experience.

Wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely,
Elias