• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] All Roads Lead to Roma?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Where is he? Used to be all threads led to Roma. Now, he's scarcer than a centurion in a Vestal dormitory. Not that I'm a fan. Still, though I beat 'im an' I flayed 'im, by the 'eathen god wot made him, Roma was interesting enough a poster from time to time.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
There is little interest here in applying the principles of materialistic science to the processes underlying human spiritual functions: observation, hypothesis, experiment and peer review.

And I was banned yet again for allegedly being off-topic - answering in a broader context.

So I have moved on.

Such is life

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
There is little interest here in applying the principles of materialistic science to the processes underlying human spiritual functions: observation, hypothesis, experiment and peer review.

And I was banned yet again for allegedly being off-topic - answering in a broader context.

So I have moved on.

Such is life
Re: the ban, I can sympathize. The operative definition of on-topic here is drawn finer than a pubescent mosquito's pubic hair.

Signs & Sounds

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Where is he? Used to be all threads led to Roma. Now, he's scarcer than a centurion in a Vestal dormitory. Not that I'm a fan. Still, though I beat 'im an' I flayed 'im, by the 'eathen god wot made him, Roma was interesting enough a poster from time to time.
Was wondering the same thing. I for one kind of miss @Roma’s point of view, albeit vague and off topic sometimes.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
i clashed with Roma a few times and have my reservations
but they are still well intentioned if not confused and have been a regular poster
i have seen them interact with other guests who appeared to be in the same
..."school" of magick, to their gratitude.
so, for whatever it's worth Roma i see you. May God have mercy on your soul,
but you're not all bad.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I appreciate some of what Roma contributes.

I do get frustrated though when topics are derailed due to off topic overly verbose cryptic Allegory and Metaphors.

Roma would probably convey a lot more knowledge to others if he would just speak plainly and to the point of the subject being discussed.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Roma would probably convey a lot more knowledge to others if he would just speak plainly and to the point of the subject being discussed.
What if he IS expressing himself as plainly and clearly as possible?

It may be possible that he is often distracted by the spectacle of feasting parasites.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The revelation is that Roma is male. I always thought female. Perhaps the feminine noun threw me, though, I realise, that is contextual.

I think I was perhaps a little harsh in my pastiche of a post he made last year about Zecharia Sitchin and the Interfering Entities. I mean, he certainly invited it. There's a difference between "this is a paradigm I'm working with" or "these are truths which I think I'm apprehending" and a space-age reiteration of "I have found the absolute truth and the rest of you are in mortal danger". Still, I wouldn't want him to think that my mounting the kerb meant I wouldn't miss him. I've always treasured an eccentric.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The revelation is that Roma is male. I always thought female. Perhaps the feminine noun threw me, though, I realise, that is contextual.

I think I was perhaps a little harsh in my pastiche of a post he made last year about Zecharia Sitchin and the Interfering Entities. I mean, he certainly invited it. There's a difference between "this is a paradigm I'm working with" or "these are truths which I think I'm apprehending" and a space-age reiteration of "I have found the absolute truth and the rest of you are in mortal danger". Still, I wouldn't want him to think that my mounting the kerb meant I wouldn't miss him. I've always treasured an eccentric.
and being an eccentric in this company is high praise indeed :)