• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Aloes lignus (Agarwood)

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, i bought three kinds of Agarwood from etsy (wild Agarwood, not planted), i bought good qualities expensive ones.

Looking forward to recieving them, so i can make my own incenses according to many old grimoires, key of solomon, goetia, sepher raziel.

Instead of buying incenses of the days or of a spirit, i will make myself. I'm gonna save alot of money this way and i learn how to make incence powders on magical days and hours :). Something i wanted to share.

Do yall make the incenses you need or do you buy them?

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I tend to buy what I need in the most convenient form - sticks, for instance. Sometimes cones. I have bought bags of raw powders or plant matter and used them to good effect. Also, essential oils, such as Galbanum, but it was hard to get any kind of lasting scent from this, so I mixed it with gum arabic, and burned with charcoal and had a decent result.
I've tried burning raw Jasmine - big mistake. Smelled to me like piss. But again, mixed with gum arabic I could get a better result.
Grinding raw frankincense and myrhh in a mortar is fun, and easier to put coals, but it's tough to clean out of the mortar.
I haven't tried procuring wild scents, but in some matters I think it would be worth doing.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Many arabians use agarwood + frankincense.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
yall make the incenses you need or do you buy them?
I have tried to make cones a couple of times but never got them to burn well (they always died out). Used herbs and Arabic gum.

For the once in a while bigger cleaning, i have powdered (shredded) white sage + bay laurel + hyssop with which i fill a tea egg type of thing that can be held in a flame and then carried through the apartment.
But 99% of the time I use incense sticks because (like Hyena said) it's convenient. You can trace symbols in the air with a lit stick, snuff or relight it.

I wish you lots of success (and luck..) with making the incense though.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
a tea egg type of thing that can be held in a flame and then carried through the apartment.
Lol, I have one I haven't used in years. Good idea, I'll try it!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I normally do not work with inceses, but I would love to try agarwood, never have before.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Making incense has been a hit or miss for me. Early on, I would make a blend I thought would smell good only to realize it smells like shit when lit on charcoal. There was a fun moment years ago when I used black pepper in some incense I was making, maybe for work with Mars. Yeah not a good idea… I essentially pepper sprayed myself 😑

I later realized that the goal wasn’t to make incense that smelled good, but to make some that could transform the energy of the space. I still make banishing incense but other than that I usually just buy higher quality sticks of individual scents and light them in combinations depending on what I need it for.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
But 99% of the time I use incense sticks because (like Hyena said) it's convenient. You can trace symbols in the air with a lit stick, snuff or relight it.

I wish you lots of success (and luck..) with making the incense though.
I will use the incense of the day with Agarwood(Aloes Lignum aka Oud", to empower the incenses of all of the days, Michael, Gabriel and Anael is special tho since i want to work with them.

Indeed
, All the praise for Allah, who is the is the author of all of all existence, and the most Generous to his creation, while He is he the Also the most All compellng, having no sons or daughter, He is the only One to Worship, having no assotiaces, no one Or Anytything WHO has comparsed to him. He is the giver of life, The is cause of Death. All praise is the praise to Allah. WHO has power over all things.
And there is no in reality, no power, no strenght thorugh Him. He is the The only Absolute.

Reaction score
Awards
Hello, i bought three kinds of Agarwood from etsy (wild Agarwood, not planted), i bought good qualities expensive ones.

Looking forward to recieving them, so i can make my own incenses according to many old grimoires, key of solomon, goetia, sepher raziel.

Instead of buying incenses of the days or of a spirit, i will make myself. I'm gonna save alot of money this way and i learn how to make incence powders on magical days and hours :). Something i wanted to share.

Do yall make the incenses you need or do you buy them?
I make some incense but 99.9% of the time buy incense. I want to change that though, when I have money to buy base oils and bulk herbs and spices, mainly for Hoodoo use.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Venus Incense - Rose and all good smelling flowers, but to add agarwood will enhance the incense alot, since the spirits like it.

That is my tactic, for the 7 planets(to please the spirits that are under their planets).

Ofcourse i will use the incense of the day to match it, Example not to use mercurial incense for saturn spirits, i don't think the spirit(s) will be happy hehe. Skinner said this to. I think it was one of his interviews with Glitchbottle.