• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Amun Ra Created The Bible

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Take what I say with a grain of salt. These information came to me while I was reading the Bible today. But before I dive into this....

Who is Amun Ra!

Amun Ra is one of the Supreme Beings of the Annunaki. He was the most evil one, out of the Annunaki. He ruled and He is still ruling Earth. In the Age of Pisces, He had us all asleep. But now, as we are entering the Age of Aquarius, Amun Ra is losing. Since, we are re-initiating ourselves to our next stage in our evolution. Where we are all becoming as we were during Atlantis. We will be Highly Advance, but in order for new things to come, the old must crumble.

Now, as I was reading the Bible, I heard "Amun Ra created the Bible." And then I gave it a thought. It makes a lot of sense. Since Amun Ra wanted every Being to worship him. What the Abrahamic Religions don't know, is that when you say the word "Amen" you are worshipping Amun Ra. And let me tell you, that ever since I have awaken, I never again said the word Amen after every prayer. It is said that Amun Ra is still out there.

So I came with my own conclusion, that the God of the Bible is none other than Amun Ra.

But like I said, take it with a grain of Salt, because I don't for surely know.

What do you guys and Gals think?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The early material of Genesis is a simplified version of Sumerian texts. Abraham was from Sumer

Anatoly Fomenko maintains/demonstrates that the Old Testament was written after the New Testament. Some of his books are in English

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The early material of Genesis is a simplified version of Sumerian texts. Abraham was from Sumer

Anatoly Fomenko maintains/demonstrates that the Old Testament was written after the New Testament. Some of his books are in English

Great to know that. Thanks

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Take what I say with a grain of salt. These information came to me while I was reading the Bible today. But before I dive into this....

Who is Amun Ra!

Amun Ra is one of the Supreme Beings of the Annunaki. He was the most evil one, out of the Annunaki. He ruled and He is still ruling Earth. In the Age of Pisces, He had us all asleep. But now, as we are entering the Age of Aquarius, Amun Ra is losing. Since, we are re-initiating ourselves to our next stage in our evolution. Where we are all becoming as we were during Atlantis. We will be Highly Advance, but in order for new things to come, the old must crumble.

Now, as I was reading the Bible, I heard "Amun Ra created the Bible." And then I gave it a thought. It makes a lot of sense. Since Amun Ra wanted every Being to worship him. What the Abrahamic Religions don't know, is that when you say the word "Amen" you are worshipping Amun Ra. And let me tell you, that ever since I have awaken, I never again said the word Amen after every prayer. It is said that Amun Ra is still out there.

So I came with my own conclusion, that the God of the Bible is none other than Amun Ra.

But like I said, take it with a grain of Salt, because I don't for surely know.

What do you guys and Gals think?
"Becoming as we were during Atlantis," could be a double-edged blade. After all, Atlantis ended pretty spectacularly after a long spell of senesence and corruption.
Still I'm more or less in line with what you say of Amun-Ra as the heavy. My take, though, is that the forces of evil are very much in the ascendant. They are also highly active, facing a crisis. But as I get pilloried fairly often for in various sites, it pays to recall the warnings of Traditionalists like Rene Guenon: "We might very well lose the great battle." Premature triumphalism is a lot like premature ejaculation: messy and a deal-breaker like none other.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Amun Ra is one of the Supreme Beings of the Annunaki.

As I recall reading, composite god names are a later development where the priesthood tried to bring two groups of devotees together by claiming that separate gods were actually one and the same.

Amen/Amun was/is the hidden god and therefore very special.

On the other hand he was banished from the company of the gods and went into hiding in the desert

We choose what we believe

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think you are saying what many occultists agree upon. Some also say that there was a contract made between gods around the time the jews left egypt and that he broke that contract by becoming the one and only god.

He is the traitor, the oath breaker, the tyrant, etc. There is a reason they said obama looks like him. Yes, we cain.. In the lands of the free..

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I think you are saying what many occultists agree upon. Some also say that there was a contract made between gods around the time the jews left egypt and that he broke that contract by becoming the one and only god.

He is the traitor, the oath breaker, the tyrant, etc. There is a reason they said obama looks like him. Yes, we cain.. In the lands of the free..
I gotta work on timing. I coulda been born on dear old Ruegen Isle whilst they venerated four-faced Svetovid. Instead I get the Great God Hopey-Changey.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
when you read their magickal texts from the one you are as i am and read it as an grimoire written by yourself, they become tools.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I would say that I disagree.

Imo your creative mind is just phonetically making a link between Amun Ra and Amen.

Plus I’ve never really heard someone link Amun or Ra or Amun Ra with being ‘Evil’.

Evil then was usually acknowledged as destructive chaos.

The Chaos opposed to Ra is Apophis the serpent.

Apophis/Typhon is ‘Death/Destruction’ in the magickal formula of IAO

There are rituals in the GD and Thelema that specifically reference Ra (Resh for ex) and also use Amen (QC for ex)

I just can’t see how those who have ascended to full enlightenment in these traditions would allow other members of the order to continue to use terms in rituals that served an ‘Evil’.

Plus amen is just a word that means ‘so be it’.

As for the Bible itself as we know it, it is just a retelling of Sumerian and Babylonian stories by Egyptians.

Amen would more likely have just been another word of affirmation in their language that was equivalent to so be it in Greek or to be reliable/relied on in Hebrew.

It could have been a new addition to the stories in Egyptian times too I suppose but again it’s a translation of an affirmation.

Now is Amun Ra the OT God of the Bible?

Maybe or Maybe not… lol

Some believe the OT God is Yaldabaoth or The Demiurge who is the creator of the physical plane and a false god and is malevolent.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and I meant to add that the Annunaki are direct descendants of An/Anu/Anum and Ki from Sumer.

Amun and Ra and Amun-Ra are Egyptian Gods.

Unless you are equating Amun-Ra to a Sumerian/Banylonian God which is tricky.

I’ve seen that done with Ra = Shamash and Amun-Ra = Marduk

But both Shamash and Marduk are a couple generations below/after the Annunaki.

So at best Amun-Ra is a potential descendant God of the Annunaki.

But again I’ve not seen anything that corresponds to Amun-Ra being the most evil of that lineage.

Last edited:

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Now is Amun Ra the OT God of the Bible?
As you point out, it seems unlikely. Here are my thoughts, such as they are.

The JPS Tanakh which I own has the English and Hebrew text. In Jeremiah 46:25 it says: "The LORD [Hebrew YHVH ] of Hosts, the God of Israel, has said: I will afflict punishment on Amon of No [a city which many other translations render as Thebes], and on Pharaoh - on Egypt, her gods, and her kings - on Pharaoh and all who rely on him"

This was Yahweh's war against Amon/Amun (AMVN, if I correctly identified the name in the Hebrew text). Textual criticism of the Torah reveals that it was composed of the works of four sources: Yahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomist, and Priestly. Yahweh was originally a Midianite deity, according to the scriptures. The Elohim would have originally been the pantheon of deities of the region, which may have included Amun among many others. It wasn't uncommon for names and roles to change over time. The tribes of Canaan before the Babylonian empire became the new nation of Israel after a settlement decree by Cyrus. The victors write the history to their liking, and the Yahwist cult took over with the unstated goal to create unity where there never had been any under the tribes of Canaan. The old pantheism was dropped in favor of ONE true god, Yahweh Elohim, The LORD GOD who defeated the old, false gods. Yahweh lost his female consort. Even the word Elohim is now claimed to represent a single deity despite its plural form. It is clear that the developing monotheism of the Persians had, for the time being, influenced Hebrew religious thought. I could even speculate that the Persian overlords saw in Yahweh the Hebrew expression of Ahura-Madza. An all-good deity would unite people, and as they were beginning to understand, having a source of all evil was also very effective in preventing apostasy. Cults and political parties use this dualism of "good" versus "evil," or "us versus them" quite effectively to this very day. Again, it's a mix of things I've learned with some speculation, so use salt as needed.

It should be common knowledge, but I must add for clarity that the word "lord" is a translation of adonai, not Yahweh. Most English translations of the Bible from Hebrew do not translate YHVH as Yahweh or Jehovah, preserving a custom among the Jews never to say the name of God lest it be used blasphemously. Thus, in around 7000 places that the name YHVH occurs in the Hebrew Bible (as in the scripture I quoted from Jeremiah above), it is almost always rendered LORD God in English, though variations do occur based on the context. When Elohim is used as a name, it is rendered GOD, and the modern day reader assumes it means the same thing as LORD God. Yahweh also occurs in the shortened form of "Jah," as in Hallelu-jah, meaning "praise Jah" (praise Jehovah). El is found in many names as a shortened form of the word "god." The name Elijah means "Jehovah/Jah is my God."

Last edited:

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
"Becoming as we were during Atlantis," could be a double-edged blade. After all, Atlantis ended pretty spectacularly after a long spell of senesence and corruption.
Still I'm more or less in line with what you say of Amun-Ra as the heavy. My take, though, is that the forces of evil are very much in the ascendant. They are also highly active, facing a crisis. But as I get pilloried fairly often for in various sites, it pays to recall the warnings of Traditionalists like Rene Guenon: "We might very well lose the great battle." Premature triumphalism is a lot like premature ejaculation: messy and a deal-breaker like none other.
Who is really gonna win the battle at the end? The Dark Force or The Light Force. To be quite honest. I am on the Light side. My heart is to pure for evil. However, do does not mean that I disown Demons. Because as I stated long ago. Demons are the Dark aspect of ourselves. At the end of the day, this is a game that the Creator is playing with Him/Herself.

This video had me convinced, but again, I take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Demons are the Dark aspect of ourselves. At the end of the day, this is a game that the Creator is playing with Him/Herself.

I agree that Demons are aspects of our Subconscious and/or Collective Unconscious and/or Can be External in certain cases.

I also agree that the Material/Physical plane is being experienced by the Source Consciousness as it exists through every living thing.

The way you worded it as a game reminds me of the 1st time I was exposed to this line of thinking by listening to Alan Watts. This was long before I started studying the Occult mysteries.

But it has never been at odds with anything I’ve learned with Hermeticism, Gnosticism, GD, Thelema, and UPG.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I agree that Demons are aspects of our Subconscious and/or Collective Unconscious and/or Can be External in certain cases.

I also agree that the Material/Physical plane is being experienced by the Source Consciousness as it exists through every living thing.

The way you worded it as a game reminds me of the 1st time I was exposed to this line of thinking by listening to Alan Watts. This was long before I started studying the Occult mysteries.

But it has never been at odds with anything I’ve learned with Hermeticism, Gnosticism, GD, Thelema, and UPG.
I like what you just said about The Source Consciousness experiencing Itself in so many ways.. The Source like to play with Him/Herself..

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Who is really gonna win the battle at the end? The Dark Force or The Light Force. To be quite honest. I am on the Light side. My heart is to pure for evil. However, do does not mean that I disown Demons. Because as I stated long ago. Demons are the Dark aspect of ourselves. At the end of the day, this is a game that the Creator is playing with Him/Herself.

This video had me convinced, but again, I take it with a grain of salt.
My point was that a fairly common (though scarcely universal) problem is for those who align with what is by their lights "The Light" tend to act as if the battle were already won. Probably this is a hangover from Christianity. Though for the past century or so, the talk is of "evolution." My notion is that the situation is a real battle, not harmonious development. And if one gets into a battle he had damned well better be sure he CAN lose. Maybe the Creator is playing with himself; I doubt many of us can claim we much appreciate his perspective yet. (Litmus test: could you happily swap your seat now for one in Gaza? If not, then you ain't arrived yet.)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Push along this 3D timeline to 2080 and experience the state of Earth humanity at that time

initmul

Neophyte
Reaction score
As you point out, it seems unlikely. Here are my thoughts, such as they are.

The JPS Tanakh which I own has the English and Hebrew text. In Jeremiah 46:25 it says: "The LORD [Hebrew YHVH ] of Hosts, the God of Israel, has said: I will afflict punishment on Amon of No [a city which many other translations render as Thebes], and on Pharaoh - on Egypt, her gods, and her kings - on Pharaoh and all who rely on him"

This was Yahweh's war against Amon/Amun (AMVN, if I correctly identified the name in the Hebrew text). Textual criticism of the Torah reveals that it was composed of the works of four sources: Yahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomist, and Priestly. Yahweh was originally a Midianite deity, according to the scriptures. The Elohim would have originally been the pantheon of deities of the region, which may have included Amun among many others. It wasn't uncommon for names and roles to change over time. The tribes of Canaan before the Babylonian empire became the new nation of Israel after a settlement decree by Cyrus. The victors write the history to their liking, and the Yahwist cult took over with the unstated goal to create unity where there never had been any under the tribes of Canaan. The old pantheism was dropped in favor of ONE true god, Yahweh Elohim, The LORD GOD who defeated the old, false gods. Yahweh lost his female consort. Even the word Elohim is now claimed to represent a single deity despite its plural form. It is clear that the developing monotheism of the Persians had, for the time being, influenced Hebrew religious thought. I could even speculate that the Persian overlords saw in Yahweh the Hebrew expression of Ahura-Madza. An all-good deity would unite people, and as they were beginning to understand, having a source of all evil was also very effective in preventing apostasy. Cults and political parties use this dualism of "good" versus "evil," or "us versus them" quite effectively to this very day. Again, it's a mix of things I've learned with some speculation, so use salt as needed.

It should be common knowledge, but I must add for clarity that the word "lord" is a translation of adonai, not Yahweh. Most English translations of the Bible from Hebrew do not translate YHVH as Yahweh or Jehovah, preserving a custom among the Jews never to say the name of God lest it be used blasphemously. Thus, in around 7000 places that the name YHVH occurs in the Hebrew Bible (as in the scripture I quoted from Jeremiah above), it is almost always rendered LORD God in English, though variations do occur based on the context. When Elohim is used as a name, it is rendered GOD, and the modern day reader assumes it means the same thing as LORD God. Yahweh also occurs in the shortened form of "Jah," as in Hallelu-jah, meaning "praise Jah" (praise Jehovah). El is found in many names as a shortened form of the word "god." The name Elijah means "Jehovah/Jah is my God."
This, 97%. I am a professional reader of ancient scribbles (including Biblical Hebrew, Phoenician, Moabite, Proto-Semitic, all that fun stuff), and this is largely correct. Thank you, KjEno186, for clarifying this complex subject so well.

Since this is my bread and butter I'll add a few things.

People often seem to believe that the Bible's composition and creation is somehow shrouded in mystery, but it's really not. It's the national myth of a small Late Iron Age state, with the aggressive monotheism a rhetorical device to explain why their tribal deity YHVH has not been able to hold his own against other small states (e.g. Edom, Moab) and the expansive Assyrian and Neo-Babylonian empires. We can date when which book was written pretty accurately based on both innertextual evidence and the comparison with contemporaneous written material as well as archaeological data.

The term "Anunnaki", widely used these days, is a loanword in Akkadian (of which Babylonian and Assyrian are dialects) from Sumerian a-nun(na-ke4). Early texts from ca. 2,600 BCE just write a-nun (lit. "princely water/seed" = "noble offspring"), later the phrase is turned into a genitive construction *a-nun-ak "water/seed of the prince". The term is used both for social groups of human beings ("nobles") and, in religious contexts, for the great gods of Sumer - among which Inana, Enki, Enlil, Ninhursağ, Utu, and Nanna are the most prominent. They have nothing to do with Egyptian deities, and no Egyptian deity was ever considered to be part of this group. The Babylonians, who moulded the earlier deities and divine systems to their own needs and society, apparently did not understand the Sumerian well enough, and loaned the ergative case form *a-nun-ak-e into their language as /anunnaki/ (e and i are typically interchangeable).
I should also note that there were no "evil" a-nun, because the binary concept of "good vs evil" did not exist before the #%@!*&%$ 'Mosaic distinction' introduced by the 'Yahve Alone'-movement (...yes, we really call it that). The German Egyptologist Jan Assmann has written on this, if anyone's interested.

In Canaan, the pantheon was naturally influenced by the so-called 'greater Mesopotamian pantheon', but had its own terminology, myths, and divine systems. Their deities are typically the "assembly of gods" under the benevolent rule of the father figure" Ba'al (the Canaanite gods were modelled on the Canaanite households and family structures).

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
My vote?

What the Abrahamic Religions don't know, is that when you say the word "Amen" you are worshipping Amun Ra

I agree with @stratamaster78, It's a phonetic similarity. But you're not the only one who has ideas like this. Some associate IsRAel, with Ra in a like manner. But, it doesn't really matter. All words are symbols, what they mean, and how they connect to anyone and anything both within the mind and beyond it depends on how it is understood. But the vocalization, in many ways is arbitrary. My favorite example in the hebrew language is: In hebrew, a dog... is a fish! Literally. Dog, pronounced Dawg, Dalet-Gimmel, means "fish".

So, the matching of the two words in two different languages is rarely significant. But, if a person attaches the name Amun-Ra with the word Amein in their mind while they are saying it, yes, it is attaching to that concept. So, it's "dealer's-choice", for lack of better words. If you want it to be a form of worship to Amun-Ra, nothing's stopping you or anyone from doing precisely that. Or if one chooses to go with the standard meaning, that works too. It all depends on what it means to that individual in that moment.

Traditionally though, like many words in hebrew, amein, aleph-mem-nun, is an acronym. it stands for: Ail Melech Ne'emahn. It means: "[The] Divine King [is] Faithful". It's an oath. Traditionally, when a person says, "amein", they are testifying that what was just heard or spoken is so true, so very-very true, that it carries the full faith and credit of the divine monarch, the most high god.

Sometimes, it's repeated. Amein, Amein. When this is uttered, the speaker is testifying to all the heavens and the all earth. It's a very strong oath. In theory. This is in the hebrew bible at the conclusion of the sotah ritual in Numbers 5. Also it's all over the book of john, but, Amein, Amein is spelled in greek, ἀμήν, ἀμήν, which is translated as "Truly, Truly" or "Verily, Verily" -

Nice Catch! The hebrew bible is a polemic against the egyptian reigion where pharaoh was considered a human-priest-king-god hybrid.

Textual criticism of the Torah reveals that it was composed of the works of four sources: Yahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomist, and Priestly

The four source documentary hypothesis has lost its academic concensus, fyi. It's much more common to identify 2 and only 2 sources, priestly and non-priestly. The DH is still very much favored in the Reform Movement in Judaism. They teach it in their seminaries, preach it from the pulpit, and indoctrinate the children with it in their sunday schools. They don't want any of their children becoming a religious zealot like me. ~wink-wink~ But they also want to eat pork and drive on the sabbath, etc. So they have their motives for chopping down the "tree-of-life".

It's been known since its inception among the orthodox and ultra-orthodox that the DH was a very weak theory that is adopted by choice certainly not by necessity as its adherents claim. But the nail in the coffin arrived in 2011 when non-biased AI software was developed to seek traces of multiple authors in the text and count them. It only found two styles of writing which have been identified as priestly and non-priestly. -
( You can read the full journal article for free with a google account. If you have trouble logging in, please let me know. )

There is a scholar from the Reform community, Yale professor Dr. Joel Baden, who wrote a book trying to revitalize and breathe life back into the DH. I have it on kindle. I found its justification for needing the DH to be complete rubbish. Naturally as a religious person I have a bias in favor of the Torah as a divine unity. When I learned that the DH had essentially collapsed, I was very very happy. I felt vindicated, having seen the writing on the wall long before. But even those without my bias in the academic community have formed a concensus that the Torah is a literary unit. See links below.

The general trend in recent scholarship is to recognize the final form of the Torah as a literary and ideological unity, based on earlier sources, likely completed during the Persian period (539-333 BCE).​
Even the word Elohim is now claimed to represent a single deity despite its plural form.

Correct! That's the entire point. It looks plural, but it's not. The verb forms determine if it's plural or not. In Genesis 1, all the verbs are singular. It's singular. It's a singular god. The idea of a henotheism that was dropped is popular, and the idea that YHVH was a midianite god who rose to power is popular, but none of that is actually supported in what is written. It's just a fun "what-if" theory to play with. Most point to Psalms 82 as evidence, and that's all they have, but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.​
Most English translations of the Bible from Hebrew do not translate...

It seems like you are implying there is some sort of secret polytheism in the Torah because YHVH is described using different names? It's true people don't realize the different names used in the hebrew text, but, the notion that these are different gods just because different names are used is a common misconception.​
I don't expect any to believe me. I fully expect to be the extreme minorty, perhaps the only one here defending the monotheism in the hebrew bible. I don't intend to argue my position. But I felt I would reply, make my position known, fully expecting to recieve eye-rolls and even a few snickers. It's totally fine. It happens.​

If you are referring to akkadian and ugarite texts, I've researched this myself, and found these claims to be popular but without merit.​

Reaction score
Awards
My vote?

I agree with @stratamaster78, It's a phonetic similarity. But you're not the only one who has ideas like this. Some associate IsRAel, with Ra in a like manner. But, it doesn't really matter. All words are symbols, what they mean, and how they connect to anyone and anything both within the mind and beyond it depends on how it is understood. But the vocalization, in many ways is arbitrary. My favorite example in the hebrew language is: In hebrew, a dog... is a fish! Literally. Dog, pronounced Dawg, Dalet-Gimmel, means "fish".

So, the matching of the two words in two different languages is rarely significant. But, if a person attaches the name Amun-Ra with the word Amein in their mind while they are saying it, yes, it is attaching to that concept. So, it's "dealer's-choice", for lack of better words. If you want it to be a form of worship to Amun-Ra, nothing's stopping you or anyone from doing precisely that. Or if one chooses to go with the standard meaning, that works too. It all depends on what it means to that individual in that moment.

Traditionally though, like many words in hebrew, amein, aleph-mem-nun, is an acronym. it stands for: Ail Melech Ne'emahn. It means: "[The] Divine King [is] Faithful". It's an oath. Traditionally, when a person says, "amein", they are testifying that what was just heard or spoken is so true, so very-very true, that it carries the full faith and credit of the divine monarch, the most high god.

Sometimes, it's repeated. Amein, Amein. When this is uttered, the speaker is testifying to all the heavens and the all earth. It's a very strong oath. In theory. This is in the hebrew bible at the conclusion of the sotah ritual in Numbers 5. Also it's all over the book of john, but, Amein, Amein is spelled in greek, ἀμήν, ἀμήν, which is translated as "Truly, Truly" or "Verily, Verily" -

Nice Catch! The hebrew bible is a polemic against the egyptian reigion where pharaoh was considered a human-priest-king-god hybrid.

The four source documentary hypothesis has lost its academic concensus, fyi. It's much more common to identify 2 and only 2 sources, priestly and non-priestly. The DH is still very much favored in the Reform Movement in Judaism. They teach it in their seminaries, preach it from the pulpit, and indoctrinate the children with it in their sunday schools. They don't want any of their children becoming a religious zealot like me. ~wink-wink~ But they also want to eat pork and drive on the sabbath, etc. So they have their motives for chopping down the "tree-of-life".

It's been known since its inception among the orthodox and ultra-orthodox that the DH was a very weak theory that is adopted by choice certainly not by necessity as its adherents claim. But the nail in the coffin arrived in 2011 when non-biased AI software was developed to seek traces of multiple authors in the text and count them. It only found two styles of writing which have been identified as priestly and non-priestly. -
( You can read the full journal article for free with a google account. If you have trouble logging in, please let me know. )

There is a scholar from the Reform community, Yale professor Dr. Joel Baden, who wrote a book trying to revitalize and breathe life back into the DH. I have it on kindle. I found its justification for needing the DH to be complete rubbish. Naturally as a religious person I have a bias in favor of the Torah as a divine unity. When I learned that the DH had essentially collapsed, I was very very happy. I felt vindicated, having seen the writing on the wall long before. But even those without my bias in the academic community have formed a concensus that the Torah is a literary unit. See links below.

The general trend in recent scholarship is to recognize the final form of the Torah as a literary and ideological unity, based on earlier sources, likely completed during the Persian period (539-333 BCE).​

Correct! That's the entire point. It looks plural, but it's not. The verb forms determine if it's plural or not. In Genesis 1, all the verbs are singular. It's singular. It's a singular god. The idea of a henotheism that was dropped is popular, and the idea that YHVH was a midianite god who rose to power is popular, but none of that is actually supported in what is written. It's just a fun "what-if" theory to play with. Most point to Psalms 82 as evidence, and that's all they have, but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.​

It seems like you are implying there is some sort of secret polytheism in the Torah because YHVH is described using different names? It's true people don't realize the different names used in the hebrew text, but, the notion that these are different gods just because different names are used is a common misconception.​
I don't expect any to believe me. I fully expect to be the extreme minorty, perhaps the only one here defending the monotheism in the hebrew bible. I don't intend to argue my position. But I felt I would reply, make my position known, fully expecting to recieve eye-rolls and even a few snickers. It's totally fine. It happens.​

If you are referring to akkadian and ugarite texts, I've researched this myself, and found these claims to be popular but without merit.​
On the idea of polytheism based on titles, roles or names, in the OT or NT or Tanakh..
Think of it like this, if I were married and had a son, my last name would be carried over at my passing and I would have been a husband and father.
However, never.marries and in my fifties .. I am simply a child of God, a son, a brother and uncle and cousin.
I have had various jobs in my past .. PC tech, network analyst, systems administrator, network engineer; when my it career suddenly ended, I became a dishwasher, busvoy, cook, warehouse worker, ham briner, stock boy etc.
I have a first, middle and last name, initials and a nickname.
Yet I am simply me.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
On the idea of polytheism based on titles, roles or names, in the OT or NT or Tanakh..
Think of it like this, if I were married and had a son, my last name would be carried over at my passing and I would have been a husband and father.
However, never.marries and in my fifties .. I am simply a child of God, a son, a brother and uncle and cousin.
I have had various jobs in my past .. PC tech, network analyst, systems administrator, network engineer; when my it career suddenly ended, I became a dishwasher, busvoy, cook, warehouse worker, ham briner, stock boy etc.
I have a first, middle and last name, initials and a nickname.
Yet I am simply me.

Yes, I agree. I like to continue with this analogy to apply the attributes of an absolutely literally infinite deity ( panentheism ). That's what produces a strictly monotheistic god in spite of the differing monikers.

Polytheists tend to be pantheists and do not apply these qualities to the God of Abraham.

I can detail this if you like. Let me know and I'll type it out. But it's getting late here. So It'll be Sunday before I reply.