• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Success Story An interesting experience…

A post about how a spell, ritual, or other type of magick worked.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Last night I could not sleep, so I decided to meditate. It turned out to be the most profound meditative experience I had yet, here’s how it went down….

At about 2:50-3 am, after an hour of silent meditation, I reached a state of absolute awareness. I thought nothing, my subconscious told me nothing, just stillness and feeling and being in the moment.

after an hour of this I started seeing what I can only guess based off of other’s description of things as “piercing the veil”.

in the middle of my stillness, suddenly a hole poked into the blackness and a bright red thing/energy/ silhouette/ whatever presented itself.

it wasn’t like the colors one sees when you close and rub your eyes, it was very distinct, pronounced and in one spot and held its shape. Although I could not tell what it was it definitely had a feeling of “externalness” or basically did not feel like it was something I thought of using my mind’s eye.

next I saw a small line being carved bottom to top of the entire blackness of my vision like a river. It stayed there in a squiggly S shape.

after these two things were presented, I believe I got too excited and started thinking again, which I believe made them fade. It is so difficult to catch the excitement and to remember to not think but to let the experience grip you.

Anyways, I am not quite sure what to make of it. Anyone have similar experiences or any theories?

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Yes. Apart from the black line. My silhouette is usually a single eye looking back at me. I've also had human shaped silhouettes walk through my peripheral too.

One cool trick I like to do right after meditating is waving my hand in front of my face with my eyes closed (dark room as well). Reason I do this is because I can faintly see a shadow of my hand with my eyes closed.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if you are familiar with the term, but it sounds like you attained to a state of samadhi, which has various definitions and flavors, but could basically be defined as a meditation condition of pure awareness.
I think that visions in this state can be of great value but also extremely puzzling - and yes, they can exist from "outside your mind" as the Chaldean Oracles put it. I make a distinction from active "pathworking" where one has a "map" one adheres to - though this method too can lead to samadhi. A possible take away from such a state is that one is given something symbolic to watch out for in future investigations. "Silhouettes" can actually be "doors" to another phase of consciousness, possibly "higher" - but they can also lead to extended visionary experiences, even other worlds. My experience is that there is a lot of blending in these sorts of experiences, which probably accounts for so much jargon in various cultures that have arts for exploring the "inner planes".

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if you are familiar with the term, but it sounds like you attained to a state of samadhi, which has various definitions and flavors, but could basically be defined as a meditation condition of pure awareness.
I think that visions in this state can be of great value but also extremely puzzling - and yes, they can exist from "outside your mind" as the Chaldean Oracles put it. I make a distinction from active "pathworking" where one has a "map" one adheres to - though this method too can lead to samadhi. A possible take away from such a state is that one is given something symbolic to watch out for in future investigations. "Silhouettes" can actually be "doors" to another phase of consciousness, possibly "higher" - but they can also lead to extended visionary experiences, even other worlds. My experience is that there is a lot of blending in these sorts of experiences, which probably accounts for so much jargon in various cultures that have arts for exploring the "inner planes".
So in other words we're on the right track 😀. Good job Lemongrass! Keep it up! I'm rooting for ya.