• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Animal/human sacrifices

Status
Not open for further replies.

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Hi my beloved community. I was thinking about what kind of things I could do if I try some kind of new practice. And I never thought about doing a sacrifice but I'm always been very interested on this topic. I'm not saying I will do a sacrifice it just came to my mind.

Have anyone of you done animal sacrifices?

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There certainly are rituals in some occult books that require human sacrifice, mostly innocents and children but one must be really sick to perform them because obviously it requires one to commit murder or to mutilate other human being.

I think animal sacrifices exist primarily to avoid above mentioned things.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting that the question is asked in the LHP, black magic section because blood sacrifice has been very “RHP” for much of history. Judaism only stopped because the temple is no more; Islam still does it; Christianity is founded on a blood sacrifice to end all others (though some kind of animal sacrifice is still done in corners of Christendom, eg Armenia) The theurgic school of late Platonism seems to regard it as a necessity.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting that the question is asked in the LHP, black magic section because blood sacrifice has been very “RHP” for much of history. Judaism only stopped because the temple is no more; Islam still does it; Christianity is founded on a blood sacrifice to end all others (though some kind of animal sacrifice is still done in corners of Christendom, eg Armenia) The theurgic school of late Platonism seems to regard it as a necessity.
If you look at the topic from this angle then you must agree that there is not difference between LHP and RHP in this regard because historically both are connected to human\animal sacrifices.
And why no more is simply because of enlightenment or the fact that people are more "mature" today than what it was the case 100's or 1000's years ago.
You can't really label it to organized religions only.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
No, because I'm not an unbalanced follower of a God that desires the death of animals.*

The LHP is about strength. I can think of no greater admission of impotence, no greater expansion/declaration of the gulf between a human and divinity, than taking a creature that's perfectly in tune with their own instincts and ending their life to feed degenerate, human hubris. If a person cannot make magic "work", taking the life of an animal won't fix things but it would, hopefully, lead to a nice, long prison sentence. You also mention "human sacrifice"; it's worth knowing that the few LHP groups which discuss this are very clear that it's the low-lifes of society who make themselves suitable candidates. One indication that a person belongs to this category is if they abuse animals.

*In the context of classical religion, the "sacrifice" of animals was often simply a ritual offering of cattle that was going to be eaten anyway. That is, classical pagans so venerated life that, unlike our age of battery farms and fast food, they venerated the life of the animal before eating meat. This is rather different than what is meant by "sacrifice" in contemporary magic. In the ancient world, the sacrifice of animals outside of approved forms was, at best, socially disapproved. In Egypt, Herodotus talks about how it could lead to a death sentence.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
*In the context of classical religion, the "sacrifice" of animals was often simply a ritual offering of cattle that was going to be eaten anyway. That is, classical pagans so venerated life that, unlike our age of battery farms and fast food, they venerated the life of the animal before eating meat. This is rather different than what is meant by "sacrifice" in contemporary magic. In the ancient world, the sacrifice of animals outside of approved forms was, at best, socially disapproved. In Egypt, Herodotus talks about how it could lead to a death sentence.
This has to do with ritual purity- animals for sacrifice had to be carefully inspected for deformities or various disqualifying marks before being approved for sacrifice. Comparable regulations can be found in the Torah.

Any religious practice outside of approved forms could of course stand accused of being sorcery. In the ancient world the only really consistent definition of sorcery was "illicit religious practice." And sorcery was often a capital crime.

There is an argument to be made that eating animals without the proper ritual/sacrificial preparation was a no-no. However, the consumption of meat was not the only purpose for such sacrifices.

For a late antique theurgic/ Iamblichean perspective, here is Sallustius' justification, from his book On the Gods and the World. Sallustius- and his perspective seemed to be shared by Platonists in the line of Iamblichus- considers such sacrifice to be indispensable for uniting with the gods:

But I think it will be proper to add a few things concerning sacrifices. And, in the first place, since we possess every thing from the gods, and it is but just to offer the first fruits of gifts to the givers; hence, of our possessions we offer the first fruits through consecrated gifts; of our bodies, through ornaments; and of our life, through sacrifices. Besides, without sacrifices prayers are words only; but accompanied with sacrifices they become animated words; and words indeed corroborating life, but life animating the words. Add too that the felicity of every thing is its proper perfection; but the proper perfection with its cause: and on this account we pray that we may be conjoined with the gods. Since therefore life primarily subsists in the gods, and there is also a certain human life, but the latter desires to be united with the former, a medium is required; for natures much distant from each other cannot be conjoined without a medium; and it is necessary that the medium should be similar to the connecting natures. Life therefore must necessarily by the medium of life; and hence men of the present day, that are happy, and all the ancients, have sacrificed animals; and this indeed not rashly, but in a manner accommodated to every god, with many other ceremonies respecting the cultivation of divinity. And thus much concerning sacrifices and the worship of the gods.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Judaism only stopped because the temple is no more; Islam still does it; Christianity is founded on a blood sacrifice to end all others
A Christian theologian explained this to me

In modern times, we think of sin as actions we take, but in ancient Abrahamic religions, they thought humanity had any inherently sinful - impure - nature. The actions were PROOF of how sinful we are, but the 'sin' was in us. So, being sinful, we're doomed.

But blood is holy and protective, and so an animal sacrifice temporarily 'shields' you with blood and keeps you safe from the natural punishment due to sinful creatures. Christ's sacrifice covered all Christians in a shield of blood forever, so animal sacrifices are no longer necessary.

This is not how modern Christians talk about it, but it's how it was intended at the time.

So relevant to you @theantichrist - blood sacrifice didn't unleash power that could be used for anything, it was a shield from the wrath of god.

(Pagan sacrifices were often similar as far as I can tell - done during times of community hardship to protect them from the anger of whatever local god they had pissed off. Although also for connecting to divinity as in Xtian's post)

So: sacrifice is religious in nature, and it protects you from divine punishment (but not earthly punishment - Christians most obviously got martyred all the time). It's not 'results' magic, not useful for money or fun stuff

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Tho shall not kill?!
Who we think we are to believe in our little minds to decide for ending of life of an animal or an human being?
what's the point?
I have a suggesion for you to explore more on doing rituals mentally or in mental plane instead , or so called 'sacrifices'whatever

I done only one ritual in my life (return to sender/I was possessd by an old hex since I was born that was ruined my whole life for no actual reason 'i was the sacriced' one:in the situation For pact of my aunt with some scumbag entity ended up returning 'kindly' to it's ignorant sender)
""(Blah blah blah I repeated this narrative on forum so much
Like I have nothing new to say, I know)""
that a witch friend of mine told that I have to buy some gems and stones for the ritual to be done

I done the whole ritual mentally.and it worked!
( I buy the material I came home I set the altar light the candles put the stones said invocations and I done the whole ritual in my mind the whole time sleeping on ground in my room)
And she was like wow,Someone who was a long long time witch
After the demon left my body,
I was like wow, too!
Same maybe goes in your situation
Do them in your mind mentally and see for yourself
Overbeliving on your will
just brings illwillness and trouble in return...
Post automatically merged:

After the demon left my body,
At the same time that i was dying
I saw Jesus Christ in a cloud raising his hand saving during the exorsism for 0.5 seconds
I can still remember How cartoonish we are compare to his holy resolution!
Guess what?
I never born a Christian
I born in a shia Muslim country that excecutes you for being a Christian!
But I never stoped praising his holyness by just seeing him In our reality for a 0.5 seconds...

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hi my beloved community. I was thinking about what kind of things I could do if I try some kind of new practice. And I never thought about doing a sacrifice but I'm always been very interested on this topic. I'm not saying I will do a sacrifice it just came to my mind.

You're bored so you want to kill something? Can you say "ple-bi-an"? Good, I thought you could.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
A few months back I had read a book on early Zoroastriansim that went into detail about their animal sacrifices, which were carried over from the earlier "pagan" tradition from which the religion sprang. Apparently the animal selected for the Ahura could not be substituted and was sequestered and raised solely for the sacrifice. When the sacrifice was to be made, the priest would reverently and gently whisper to the animal that it served a great purpose in giving its life and that it would return to the original life that sprang from the first animal, Gus Urvan, which was basically a prototypical cow.
I wonder if humans ever got that kind of respect...
Well, there were those "winners" of the Aztec ball games...

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

A cup of days ago you were complaining how no magick works for you, and now you think killing an innocent life will make those uninterested spirits show up for you? And then what.

Look at what the word sacrifice means now. You have to give (up) something that has meaning to you. If you want to use blood at all, then give your own.

Weak people mistreat defenseless animals.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A cup of days ago you were complaining how no magick works for you, and now you think killing an innocent life will make those uninterested spirits show up for you? And then what.

Look at what the word sacrifice means now. You have to give (up) something that has meaning to you. If you want to use blood at all, then give your own.

Weak people mistreat defenseless animals.
There's a Satanist forum out there that refuses links to sites that condone animal sacrifices.

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There is no Shia country that executes you for being a Christian. Even the one militantly Shia state, Iran, has legal Christian communities (mostly Armenians) who even get representation in parliament.
So you are from Iran and living there
Interesting...
Post automatically merged:

There is no Shia country that executes you for being a Christian. Even the one militantly Shia state, Iran, has legal Christian communities (mostly Armenians) who even get representation in parliament.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Apostasy, not Christianity. He could have converted to Raelianism with similar results. Not that that's okay, but don't distort the problem. Thousands of Christians openly practice their faith in Iran with no legal repercussions. Sometimes in pretty grand style.
140110170854329526791624.jpg

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Apostasy, not Christianity. He could have converted to Raelianism with similar results. Not that that's okay, but don't distort the problem. Thousands of Christians openly practice their faith in Iran with no legal repercussions. Sometimes in pretty grand style.
140110170854329526791624.jpg
They executed a pastor , that's the actual point
Do you buy their north Korean name games for doing crimes against humanity!?
Its going off topic I'm not gonna reply any further
In this context
I respect the forum rules

Reaction score
Awards
It's possible but they are not Abrahamic religions. Still, such sacrifices are rarely done. They are also one way religions, iow there is no turning back. Santeria and Voudoo. Possibly indigenous religions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.