• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Antidepressants and their effects

whimsicalwarlock

Apprentice
Reaction score
Recently was prescribed sertraline (Zoloft)
I "feel better" by feeling less. I also have noticed i don't feel energies nearly as much, including my own. I'm wondering just how bad this will be getting in my way. I can still feel a little bit but its severely muted. Prior to the meds, i could feel energy like it was a literal wave or fire. Now, it feels like a slight trickle or the smallest insignificant spark.
Is this something i should expect to be consistent or will i get used to it and regain a stronger hold on it again? I'm seriously wondering if its even worth being on the meds if i can't feel things like how i used to.

Any input in appreciated.

Amadeus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have exactly the same experience. Once I got prescribed Xanax to relax muscles, had some odd problem. It messed up the senses and I felt strange after stopping it. Horrible side effects. The doctor must have been high to suggest me that junk. Then again, back then I wanted to try it and manifested the outcome. So out of nowhere I suddenly got them.

A couple of times I had some others and they messed up the senses too.
With some medicine the numbing effects were temporary, after getting used to them, the senses fully returned.

Some people use such stuff to make themselves spiritually numb. When I became spiritually very open then I also occasionally wanted to numb the senses with something, this was during the early years when everything felt overwhelming and my practices were a mix from 3 4 or 5 religions, bad mix.

I don't know what medical conditions you got there, maybe you need to use them.

This kind of medicine can end up mentally destroying you, either while taking it or once you get the withdrawals. I've seen how relatives and friends went crazy. One used Xanax, other took the one you mentioned, and other similar ones.