• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Any comic book readers here?

Chuja

Neophyte
Reaction score
Lately, I’ve been getting back into them recently reading things like kid eternity, books of magic and 10,000 black feathers.
But I’m looking for some reading suggestions I’m slowly getting into the Sandman universe recommendations where to start with that is welcome too.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
There's classics like Elfquest by Wendy and Richard Pini.
elfquest-finale-1089082.jpeg

And The Nexus by Mike Baron and Steve Rude.
8-1.jpg

And if you're familiar with anime by Studio Ghibli, then I would recommend Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.
eb2853d2a2b94d39ff79a6ec66e4cc72--comic-layout-nausicaa.jpg

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Almost anything by Terry Moore is excellent. Completely independent, Story Art and Lettering and all production is done by Terry Moore under their own publisher "Abstract Studios". The care put into each panel is amazing, imo.

Here's a link to google search results of images from "Motor Girl". It's a 10 issue maxi-series. I really enjoyed it.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

"Strangers in Paradise" is great. That has, I think, around 45 issues. I have yet to read "Rachel Rising", I think that has around 30 issues.

Another fun independent title on the dark side is Grendel. The early stuff with the Pander Bros. on art is great and unique. The later stuff is not super great, it got commercial. Also anything by Alan Moore is fun. They put out their own production company too.
Post automatically merged:

Oh! Speaking of Alan Moore, if you're into magical titles, "John Constantine Hellblazer" is a good one, but I wasn't a fan of the art in the first batch of issues. But John Constantine is a great character for those interested in the occult.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Almost anything by Terry Moore is excellent. Completely independent, Story Art and Lettering and all production is done by Terry Moore under their own publisher "Abstract Studios". The care put into each panel is amazing, imo.

Here's a link to google search results of images from "Motor Girl". It's a 10 issue maxi-series. I really enjoyed it.

"Strangers in Paradise" is great. That has, I think, around 45 issues. I have yet to read "Rachel Rising", I think that has around 30 issues.

Another fun independent title on the dark side is Grendel. The early stuff with the Pander Bros. on art is great and unique. The later stuff is not super great, it got commercial. Also anything by Alan Moore is fun. They put out their own production company too.
Post automatically merged:

Oh! Speaking of Alan Moore, if you're into magical titles, "John Constantine Hellblazer" is a good one, but I wasn't a fan of the art in the first batch of issues. But John Constantine is a great character for those interested in the occult.

Dagnabbit, boy! I was just going to suggest John Constantine. You took the palabras straight offa my palate, you did.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Dagnabbit, boy! I was just going to suggest John Constantine. You took the palabras straight offa my palate, you did.

referring to myself... even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

initmul

Neophyte
Reaction score
Alan Moore's "Promethea" is about magick and a wonderful read.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Once i found out just what a presence the occult has on comics i went on a rampage and had quite a download spree

It is definitely a great outlet, great for research and great for inspiration.

But forget about all that, if you are reading the books of magic you might have ran into a one shot i forgot the name of, the drawing was etherial and beautiful i had it on my hard drive with the rest of the comics but it died on me and i didn't have the patience to dig all over again

You see, its about a guy that is hired to tutor the king's son who is sorta dumb, but every night he stares into the fireplace and becomes a sponge
The tutor accidentally sets up a chain of events that win the ongoing war for the King, and the kid is now accepted as a god given prophet,
naturally the tutor keeps it going, starts slipping, does the nasty with a maid - and in comes the suspicious af General who sees the lecture one night and immediatly figures it out, by tomorrow night the General is the one telling goodnight stories and whaddaya know the kid's next vision happens to be about enemies from within, a whole race of them in fact. The tutors race. ohno.jpg so he scrambles around a bunch bringing bad luck to all his close ones untill eventually he pushes the kid off the castle walls and bails to work as a farmer with his maid and is pretty down bad about the whole thing.

Sound familiar maybe?