• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

anyone knows an interesting and vintage game about occultism?

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking for old videogames to play in my computer. I'd like to find one that has some kind of deep meaning behind it. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It'd be interesting if the Star Game were on computer. Allegedly there is deep meaning behind it. Me, I dunno. I tend to turn any board game into an ordeal of attrition and wind up pushing 2-3 pieces around the board in a variety of stalemate-is-the-only-option scenarios.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking for old videogames to play in my computer. I'd like to find one that has some kind of deep meaning behind it. Any recommendations? Thanks.
I don't know how "old" you mean but here are some options.

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy might work, although be warned that it is a game full of QTE(quick time events) and the story is a bit weird but I personally liked it.

Maybe Chtulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth as well.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem also seems to be well rated in the occult department.I never played this one but I've heard good things about it.

Sajod

Neophyte
Reaction score
Definitely a game, insofar as it is media, but I would recommend Promethea. I don't know if you like comics or not, but I couldn't resist suggesting it.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It'd be interesting if the Star Game were on computer. Allegedly there is deep meaning behind it. Me, I dunno. I tend to turn any board game into an ordeal of attrition and wind up pushing 2-3 pieces around the board in a variety of stalemate-is-the-only-option scenarios.
Never got the hang of that one. But then again neither I built it nor I have read about Jungs concepts at all. Lazy does it.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Never got the hang of that one. But then again neither I built it nor I have read about Jungs concepts at all. Lazy does it.
Myatt was in prison when he invented the Star Game; a novice in a monastery when he developed the game further. Let's just say, it shows. I found that insights that were technicolor vivid under the stars whilst on deck sailing through the Shumagin Straits tended to fade by the time one docked weeks or months later in Seattle. Which does not necessarily invalidate the insight, but to appreciate some things, one really has to have been there. So too with the game, I'm guessing.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Myatt was in prison when he invented the Star Game; a novice in a monastery when he developed the game further
A little unrelated, do you happen to have the physis manual? Its pretty Tai Chi like practice, I had the paper before but lost it and now cant find it.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A little unrelated, do you happen to have the physis manual? Its pretty Tai Chi like practice, I had the paper before but lost it and now cant find it.
I might. I have a lot of stuff saved on a spare hard drive. Will dig into it.
Post automatically merged:

I have the manual. I tried to send you a message to know where to send the document. I am informed I can't send you messages. Try sending me the email address in a message. (This is a lot like high school. I ask the sixteen sirene "Kin I has yo' pho-nummer?" "Of course, Xeno! But I probably won't answer when you call!")

Last edited:

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The original Donkey Kong is a profound meditation on the soul’s (Mario’s) ascent through the heavens and ceaseless struggle with the attacks of the Demiurge (Donkey Kong) until it reunites with its undescended portion (Pauline) in the divine Nous.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
have the manual. I tried to send you a message to know where to send the document. I am informed I can't send you messages. Try sending me the email address in a message. (This is a lot like high school. I ask the sixteen sirene "Kin I has yo' pho-nummer?" "Of course, Xeno! But I probably won't answer when you call!")
Sent!

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks to all of you for the recommendations
!

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You definitely want to play master of magic!
There is a new version released 2 years or so ago that is modern that is based on really vintage master of magic which is also playable.

I suggest you to play new version.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Another one that is modern but without vintage equivalent is SpellForce (requires solid hardware):
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I would recommend Planescape: Torment. Not specifically about the occult, but based on D&D and a fabulous game about "Is a person more than just the sum of their memories?"

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Silent hill 3.
undefeated to this day when it comes to depth of occult.
especially alchemy
Torment tides of numenera is the second attempt at PLanescape Torment and pretty spiritual as well
Post automatically merged:

Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver!!

Last edited:

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for all the recommendations, but my new laptop has been destroyed by an entity and I cannot play video games it was the first time I was going to do it 😂

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I've seen "The Entity" and that isn't how things got destroyed in THAT film!

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I've seen "The Entity" and that isn't how things got destroyed in THAT film!
It's very curious and not a joke... I always been using a very old laptop because it works for me. But I'm studying cibersecurity now so I needed a really good computer, and i was in love with it... I'm not used to such features in a laptop, and it was very cool outside too. For some reason everytime i was using it, I felt something i never felt before like.. there was a force trying to throw the computer away, crashing with it, and also making me wanna to throw the computer despite I used to love it. It's interesting, isn't it?

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver!!
So unusual to see this recommendation, but I second this. I like this game a lot.
Especially mechanic of moving between physical and spirit worlds, not to mention the whole atmosphere.

My own recommendation would be The Black Mirror (2003).