• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Are all real magicians wealthy?

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure, maybe it's unconsciously viewed as a shortcut to power to avoid doing the work itself.
Post automatically merged:

The point is, as expressed before, the ongoing construction of your kingdom or empire.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure, maybe it's unconsciously viewed as a shortcut to power to avoid doing the work itself.
Post automatically merged:

The point is, as expressed before, the ongoing construction of your kingdom or empire.
I don’t understand why you think human chi would be better than divine chi which is infinite and much more easy to integrate

catpottery

Neophyte
Reaction score
There are at least five books I can think of on money Magick, and I've seen several insinuations of "if you're not living your best life now, your magic sucks".

It's my opinion that some Magicians are born into wealth, many LHP magicians become wealthy through their patrons. RHP mages however, seem to lack a bit in general.

I think it depends on what one defines wealth as.

So what's the truth of the matter?
Wealth means nothing in the physical, money sense. Magick in its purest form is change in accordance with will, so it'd be obvious that the most successful, "wealthy" magicians would be able to inflict change on a grand scale, and, if they so wanted, in their bank accounts.
Most magicians are totally incapable of grand change, both within themselves and the world, so it would be of my opinion that most magicians are not wealthy.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"if you're not living your best life now, your magic sucks".
I would say that there is a difference between being wealthy and "living one's best life", but when it comes for those that write about and speak of using magic for wealth...yeah, I would say that I would be wary of their claims.

It's similar to buying the course of someone that claims to have made millions with crypto coins, sports bet or real state, and yet you see their gains be mainly from their courses.Never from their alleged profession.

some Magicians are born into wealth
This would make sense, as in history it was common for magic to be something learned only by "men of cloth"(church), so it would make sense that only those able to read(and with money to pay for the resources) would be the ones able to learn magic.

So the image of the wealthy magician does have some truth to it, at least as far as history is concerned.
But I don't know about it nowadays.

There's no holy rollers raking in dough while shining with halos of brightness?
Now here's an image that I wom't be able to forget so soon...

I think whoever came up with The Secret was the blackest of magicians
It certainly was devious to create such a (dubious)crutch that became so widespread to the point of making cults out of it.

That's why my idea of a magic guild, where people registered just waltz in and have sacred space to do their thing, pay and leave, stands out strongly in my mind.
This is cool.

Most magicians are totally incapable of grand change, both within themselves and the world, so it would be of my opinion that most magicians are not wealthy.
Though to be fair, "grand" is subjective.What may seem grand to you might not seem grand to me.A change in myself that I might consider grand will be treated by you as "no big deal".

Just my 2 cents.