• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Ars Notoria: the Method Version B Vol. 2

Share a PDF of a book.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Ars Notoria: the Method Version B Vol. 2
SUBTOPIC: The Bottom Line
※→ et al,

Look at the Page #5 of the "
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(the 1657 Translation by Robert Turner). You will find the "First Oration" to the "First Cause" and "Most High Creator." In which King Solomon (AKA: Jedidiah) begs for The Notory Art unto which "The First Cause" responds by revealing to King Solomon all Arts and Sciences, both Liberal and Mechanick, as well as, filled Solomon, King of Israel, with all the knowledge and wisdom necessary to open the Sacred Mysteries.

The significance of this prayer is that the response by "The Creator" is the gift of Arts and Sciences bestowed upon the King. Today, it is not uncommon to find Coven or Solitary Practitioners rising up with their own petition to a God or Goddess.

[Shewing the CABALISTICAL KEY = The Notory Art of Solomon]
{Magical Operations • The liberal Sciences • Divine Revelation, and • The Art of Memory.}

Most Respectfully,
R

Cras

Neophyte
Reaction score

Ars Notoria: the Method Version B
Vol. 2 - Dr Stephen Skinner

I think I did this right.
Thank you very much for this.

Now, of course I didn't read it yet, just found it; but it says "Version B, Vol. 2";
what/where would 'Version A, Vol. 1' be...? Anyone care to elaborate shortly on that?

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Now, of course I didn't read it yet, just found it; but it says "Version B, Vol. 2";
what/where would 'Version A, Vol. 1' be...? Anyone care to elaborate shortly on that?

According to this video the volume 1 was published in 2019 and is slightly bigger, but otherwise it seems is the same?, perhaps the author confused "Volume" for "Edition"?

Cras

Neophyte
Reaction score

Found the answer myself listening to podcast 'Glitch Bottle' #091 w/ Dr. Skinner himself:

Ars Notoria: The Grimoire of Rapid Learning by Magic, with the Golden Flowers of Apollonius of Tyana (Vol. I - Version A). Edited and Introduced by Dr Stephen Skinner & Daniel Clark. Golden Hoard Press, 2019.
Post automatically merged:

According to this video the volume 1 was published in 2019 and is slightly bigger, but otherwise it seems is the same?, perhaps the author confused "Volume" for "Edition"?

Thank you, but found the answer listening to podcast 'Glitch Bottle' #091 w/ Dr. Skinner himself.

Ars Notoria: The Grimoire of Rapid Learning by Magic, with the Golden Flowers of Apollonius of Tyana (Vol. I - Version A). Edited and Introduced by Dr Stephen Skinner & Daniel Clark. Golden Hoard Press, 2019.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
@Cras
So is it another book or a new edition of previous one?

Cras

Neophyte
Reaction score
@Cras

1st volume includes a corrected version of Richard Turner's 1657 translation plus images, and five sets of notes from various commentary manuscripts. (Sounds amazing! :)
2nd volume (as posted above) is Skinner's elaboration on- and explanation of the actual practice.

I'll try find that 1st volume...

Reaction score
Awards

Search the book shares forum. It’s already been shared.

Cras

Neophyte
Reaction score
1st volume includes a corrected version of Richard Turner's 1657 translation plus images, and five sets of notes from various commentary manuscripts. (Sounds amazing! :)
2nd volume (as posted above) is Skinner's elaboration on- and explanation of the actual practice.

I'll try find that 1st volume...

BTW, recommended:

Podcast 'Glitch Bottle' : Episode 057 (vol 1) and 091 (vol 2), both with Skinner himsef

Search the book shares forum. It’s already been shared.

True that. Have it.
Thank you all.

Last edited:

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Reaction score
Awards
@Cras
A little research my dudes. I’m still on my first coffee and I’ve got a big bbq we’re throwing that starts in a couple of hours so here’s a short description from the author’s website. (Not the same - so much material they split it into two volumes. You can also go watch the glitchbottle podcast interview with Skinner)

Ars Notoria:
The Grimoire of Rapid Learning by Magic
with the Golden Flowers of Apollonius of Tyana

Translated by Robert Turner
Edited and Introduced by Dr Stephen Skinner & Daniel Clark

For the first time ever the Ars Notoria is presented in its complete form. In this edition we present not just one but five complete sets of notae taken from various manuscripts, alongside a corrected edition of Turner’s English translation. We also present a complete facsimile of Yale University's Beinecke MS Mellon 1 in full colour, the earliest known manuscript of this work, with a complete copy of the 1620s printed Latin text. Detailed commentary is provided on its origins, content, possible authors, owners, methods of use, and practical considerations as well as comprehensive tables of the almost 100 notae variants. The progress of the Ars Notoria is traced from its Greek origins, via its flourishing 13th century monastic life to its supposed inclusion in the Lemegeton.

———

Ars Notoria:
the Method – Version B

This is the sequel to Ars Notoria: the Grimoire of Rapid Learning and it includes all of the practical material from the most complete manuscript available - MS Bibliothèque Nationale Lat. 9336

- Eld

Tbh I never clicked on the vol 1 share since I already had it. If it isn’t working I’ll try to share a mega link to it later.

Last edited:

Cras

Neophyte
Reaction score
A little research my dudes. I’m still on my first coffee and I’ve got a big bbq we’re throwing that starts in a couple of hours so here’s a short description from the author’s website. (Not the same - so much material they split it into two volumes. You can also go watch the glitchbottle podcast interview with Skinner)

Ars Notoria:
The Grimoire of Rapid Learning by Magic
with the Golden Flowers of Apollonius of Tyana

Translated by Robert Turner
Edited and Introduced by Dr Stephen Skinner & Daniel Clark

For the first time ever the Ars Notoria is presented in its complete form. In this edition we present not just one but five complete sets of notae taken from various manuscripts, alongside a corrected edition of Turner’s English translation. We also present a complete facsimile of Yale University's Beinecke MS Mellon 1 in full colour, the earliest known manuscript of this work, with a complete copy of the 1620s printed Latin text. Detailed commentary is provided on its origins, content, possible authors, owners, methods of use, and practical considerations as well as comprehensive tables of the almost 100 notae variants. The progress of the Ars Notoria is traced from its Greek origins, via its flourishing 13th century monastic life to its supposed inclusion in the Lemegeton.

———

Ars Notoria:
the Method – Version B

This is the sequel to Ars Notoria: the Grimoire of Rapid Learning and it includes all of the practical material from the most complete manuscript available - MS Bibliothèque Nationale Lat. 9336

- Eld

Tbh I never clicked on the vol 1 share since I already had it. If it isn’t working I’ll try to share a mega link to it later.

Link works.
One need navigate some strange eastern-european language and buttons, but - eh - 'Ars notoria' need come with some skill... ;)

AndyLaFleur

Visitor
Reaction score

Ars Notoria: the Method Version B
Vol. 2 - Dr Stephen Skinner

I think I did this right.
You are such a hero, man. In my country, each of these books LITERALLY costs a minimun wage. No joke.

And I'm very eager to test on this. I was already considering Tahutti devotion to works on study and scholarship (and still consider it a valid way to go too).

neilwilkes

Apprentice
Reaction score
You are such a hero, man. In my country, each of these books LITERALLY costs a minimun wage. No joke.

And I'm very eager to test on this. I was already considering Tahutti devotion to works on study and scholarship (and still consider it a valid way to go too).
Not exactly cheap here in the UK either - the Evil Empire wants £69 for the corrected Turner edition by Skinner, and it's £57 on Abe Books. I don't understand why anybody uses the Evil Empire to buy anything really.....but I digress.
The only problem I have with PDF versions is how to read them when the power goes off some time in the next 10-20 years.....

neilwilkes

Apprentice
Reaction score
Found the answer myself listening to podcast 'Glitch Bottle' #091 w/ Dr. Skinner himself:

Thank you, but found the answer listening to podcast 'Glitch Bottle' #091 w/ Dr. Skinner himself.

That's only a 16-page extract.
Off to try & find the hardcover book

Reaction score
Awards