• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Astrology and influence of planets

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
This stream which makes astrology come into existence is something of a magickal nature imho, it means that the planet doesn't need to be up in the sky to get it invoked. It will give a more DIRECT energy if it's on the sky at the time of invocation, but it's not needed to feel it's energies.

What are your own thoughts to this?

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Ancient astral theory as found in hermeticist and Platonic texts assumes that earth is the innermost of a series of nine or more nested spheres; next seven spheres belong to each of the planets (“planets” here includes sun and moon as well as mercury, Venus, mars, Jupiter, and Saturn); then the fixed stars are in the ninth sphere. Souls descending to be incarnated on earth acquire on the way “garments” from each of the planetary spheres (which are to be somehow shed or transmuted on our re-ascent). Also astral influences are embedded in the materials and phenomena down here so that some objects, animals, etc are peculiarly attuned to certain influences- see Iamblichus’ theory of synthemata (signatures or tokens). For a summary of the lore that underpins western astrology your best bet is to read Cicero’s Dream of Scipio and Macrobius’ commentary on that because that’s basically what medieval and renaissance astrologers in Western Europe are relying on for their cosmology.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This stream which makes astrology come into existence is something of a magickal nature imho, it means that the planet doesn't need to be up in the sky to get it invoked. It will give a more DIRECT energy if it's on the sky at the time of invocation, but it's not needed to feel it's energies.

What are your own thoughts to this?
I think you mean whether the planet is above you, in the sky and its assumed rays can reach you without interference vs the planet being beneath you, and the rays then would have to travel through the earth to reach you.
To me it makes sense that these influences have more (or directer) effect if they only have to travel through the atmosphere rather than through Australia and the Earth's core.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I think you mean whether the planet is above you, in the sky and its assumed rays can reach you without interference vs the planet being beneath you, and the rays then would have to travel through the earth to reach you.
To me it makes sense that these influences have more (or directer) effect if they only have to travel through the atmosphere rather than through Australia and the Earth's core.
Yeah that was what I meant. I also mean that the astral influences are still there but it makes more sense materially if they don't fly through the planet which is really what my point was.

But still the main engine of the thing is our solar-system and the position of the year etc.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Good luck and remain functionally auto motive. Manifest grow enrich.