• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Astrology book for magicians

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Wrong section. Belongs in book discussions.
I have been looking high and low for an all-inclusive Astrology book (since most books seem to be huge, fat rolley-polleys :LOL: i figured they would have most of what i need) but after looking into them all i find seem to be geared towards teaching one how to make and read a birth chart... which is great, i'd love that too, but my main focus is "learning to read the heavens" like the old sages would say... the planets, stars, the sun, moon, aspects, houses, etc...and their meanings when it comes to magickal pursuits. I want to align my practice with the rhythm of the cosmos like the old mages used to millenia ago. I'm not afraid of huge tomes, but nowadays i appreciate down to earth, good ol' plain english... no super technical, philosophical jargon for me anymore... my neurons aren't young for that level of headache anymore:rolleyes:... if any of my fellow magicians, book worms:geek:, professionals, experts, occasional readers or just curious human beings... know of any such special book, please do let me know??? If i could check it out first as a PDF, that'd be great;) Thanks in advance!!!:giggle:

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
OMG!!! I am reading the Picatrix as i write this!!!🤯 Its what propelled me to pick up my old search for an Astrology book. I decided to stop reading it further because i figured i wouldn't understand once it gets down to the astrology terms and specifics. I read in the first pages that in order to understand and be able to practice the things in the book, i would need to have some knowledge of astrology, and since my knowledge on the subject is so limited, i figured it was time i get to study a bit more about it. Ill keep reading it and see how i do... i still would like to find that special book?? :unsure:

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
😅 In that case it can't hurt to read Agrippa as well? I haven't read the English translation of Picatrix but I know ir's done by a guy with an astrology site (who might want to sell some courses to readers of his translation..)

There's an inactive bookclub here for an astrology book as well. Maybe that book could be useful for some basic understanding.