• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Astrology fact from fiction

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, I was wondering how to view astrology correctly. What role does it play and what should be truly studied and pursued and what should be regarded as new age bs that I see a lot of in media and in bookstores.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Let's start off by making it clear that there are a lot of different astrological systems. Most well known one used in western mainstream astrology is the "Tropical" system. I personally use Sidereal astrology, which is based more on actual astronomy and proper positions of planets and constellations. You can find some similarities to Vedic astrology, but it's more precise. There is a great channel on youtube called Mastering The Zodiac, which does daily/weekly forecasts and has educational videos on the channel.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, I was wondering how to view astrology correctly. What role does it play and what should be truly studied and pursued and what should be regarded as new age bs that I see a lot of in media and in bookstores.
Like Mart, I think sidereal is more the way to go. If it's supposed to be the planets themselves affecting things, it doesn't make any sense to ignore what their orbits are in actuality.

That being said, one big thing that separates popular astrology from a serious study of it is emphasis on sun signs. You'll notice most normies solely think of their birth month, which is the sun sign. And then they'll treat this as the only thing affecting you astrologically. You're either a taurus or a scorpio, etc. In reality, though, your sun sign does have a lot of influence, it's only one part of a much bigger birth chart. Mercury, the moon, Mars, Venus and all the rest will be in their own parts of the zodiac as well, which will affect you in different ways. Then you take into account how each planet/celestial body was facing each other at the time of your birth, (this is where terms like opposition and conjunction come in) and a whole new layer of complexity is added.

In short, astrology is a thoroughly interesting and rewarding field of study, but popular interpretation of it is a tiny tip of the iceberg. Accurately making and interpreting someone's birth chart can also prove to be a challenging thing, unless you really know your stuff. Which is why there are people out there who get paid huge gobs of money to do so.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
My own experience of astrologers is that they are much better at explaining afterwards than making predictions.

That might be connected with the celestial position of Earth having changed since the constellation signs were developed.

It is said that junior initiates are subject to the planets while senior initiates have escaped that and are subject to the constellations.

If so, it is important to recognize the influences/energies of the planets and learn to control the resonances in the human. It may be better just to meditate with each planet (planetary spirit) and establish a constructive relationship.