• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Back To School 2 ( The Circle )

Someone's asking for help!

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Another "everyone knew it so we didn't bother to write it down" case in our neck of the woods is certainly the Magick Circle.
As we know (?) , traditions may each have their own special way to approach this - yet there remains space for the wise novice to ask stupid questions
that can't be covered by a book. Do we write squibbles outside or inside the circle? What do we use to draw the circle?
Can it be done on a cloth and re-used? How do we know our circle is good enough? I certainly didn't understand how everyone is able
to just draw perfect circles without mentioning the process until i just decided to use something heavy in the center and tie a string to the chalk
because the idea of an imperfect circle drove my Sheldon Cooper senses into mayhem.

So! How and why do you use circles/triangles/whatever. What does the process involve for you? Do you do anything original
or merely follow the guidelines as they were taught to you?

Reaction score
Awards
I've asked similar questions. The first step is knowing the length and width of the circle which never seems to have a reliable answer.
Some advise visualizing a circle in white light drawn on the ground. Similar to the circle of pentagrams and hexagrams.
Then there is the matter of which cultural language used, usually Hebrew or Greek which must be drawn perfectly. As they are sacred letters. Or Egyptian or coptic.
Or passing the river. Or demon script. Or malachim or celestial.
Finally what does the circle intend to do or become, what is its meaning to you.
I would say start with black cloth and white or color chalk.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
See, i have never once wondered about the length and width of the circle XD
the visualizing comes in handy i should say it outta be done in conjunction with the drawing.
As for intention i was always pretty basic with it, what did you make circles for?
aka it's meaning to you?

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I've taken it from Dion Fortune that the circle announced the Great Work has started in Malkuth to the Universe.

Regardie and Crowley emphasized the need to complete the circle in the LRP and LRH.

So how could this be so?
Post automatically merged:

In a ritual I did trying to evoke Raphael, I used my martial arts belts taped together to form a circle.

Later before I became homeless, I 8zed a rope for a circle.

I always return to the east having started in the east ... During the LRP or LRH, this completing the circle, trying to imagine or visualize the pentagrams or hexagrams on fire, in various colors connected by a white or silver circle cord.

The Raphael circle was way too small. Barely enough to have electric candles at each quarter, and tools and lantern and book within the circle with the seal.
Ideally length and width should measure minimum 6x6 if * recall correctly. The larger the better.

The Rope circle was much larger and wider allowing for free movement within the circle. The idea was to tape paper to the rope and write the 216 letters name 9f God and archangel seals at the quarters on the paper via black ino on white paper.

Last edited: