• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Basic Scrying Tutorial

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
this is an exact port of the tutorial that I wrote for Wizard Forums under the old management

Good evening Wizard Forums. I've decided to write a tutorial on the art of scrying. This is a basic tutorial so advanced methods will not be covered. I hope many members will find this thread useful.

What is Scrying

Scrying is a divinatory method art that utilizes a reflective surface such as a black mirror or pool of water (most commonly a black bowl of water but also streams or creeks or rivers) in order to reveal a potential future. The occultist will see either images (symbols or pictures) and in many cases a 'video playback' of sorts that will play out on the reflective surface. It is these images or 'video playback' that reveal what may happen in the near future.

Items Needed For Scrying

You probably have most of these things in your home
Black Mirror or black (or dark blue or purple) bowl of water
1 white or black candle
2 Tables
1 Chair

I recommend using a black mirror, but if you do not have one you can purchase them for less than $60. Making one is also fairly easy, here is a tut on that:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You can also utilize a black (or very dark blue or purple) bowl of water. It can be done with natural pools of water (my former occult teacher loved to scry using puddles of water made in her backyard after it rained) such as streams or creeks but it isn't as easy because ripples can form or fish can swim or a host of other distractions from the task at hand could occur.

The Method

Find a place in your home where you will not be disturbed for at least 15 minutes or so. Set up your tables directly across from each other, at least 6 feet of distance between them. Light the candle and place it on one of the tables. The empty table is where you will be scrying from so place the chair in front of that table and place your black mirror on it. (Note, if you're using the bowl method then you'll only need one table and you'd place the candle right next to the bowl). Position your chair so that you can see the flame of the candle reflected in the mirror.

Begin to meditate for about 2 minutes, clearing and calming your mind. Also focus on the question(s) you want answered. Once your mind is clear gaze at the candle flame reflected in the mirror. You may blink as necessary but remain focused on the flame. Try to think about nothing, absolutely nothing. You will fall into a slight trance. For those members who are skilled in going into trance states this should be a breeze. Once in a mild trance the images and or video should start to appear on the surface on their own. Try to remain focused, do not get startled or surprised or you may accidentally come out of the trance.

Please note that as with anything in the occult, you most likely will not see results after the first few tries. It may be take 3 or more attempts before you see any results. This is normal and every occultist goes through it. Once you start getting results be sure to write down what you see, especially if its only symbols or images. Good luck.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
So I haven't done much scrying in a good long time. But back when I did for a while, I noticed overwhelmingly that there would always be this sensation of "falling in". Almost like my mind touched the surface and tumbled through to the other side. Is this a good thing?

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
So I haven't done much scrying in a good long time. But back when I did for a while, I noticed overwhelmingly that there would always be this sensation of "falling in". Almost like my mind touched the surface and tumbled through to the other side. Is this a good thing?
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Yes, the "falling in" sensation is a good thing. It doesn't happen exactly like that for everyone but yes, this is what you want and shows you're moving in the right direction. What I would suggest from here is to let yourself "fall in", but ALLOW it to happen, don't force it. Once you've successfully "fallen in" there should be a sudden "stop" if you will. Your fall will just stop (lol sorry I'm just using your lingo and this is the best I can describe it) and you should have a blank slate where images, symbols, words, etc start to appear. That "falling into" and "sudden stop" feelings is you moving into an altered state.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
this is an exact port of the tutorial that I wrote for Wizard Forums under the old management

Good evening Wizard Forums. I've decided to write a tutorial on the art of scrying. This is a basic tutorial so advanced methods will not be covered. I hope many members will find this thread useful.

What is Scrying

Scrying is a divinatory method art that utilizes a reflective surface such as a black mirror or pool of water (most commonly a black bowl of water but also streams or creeks or rivers) in order to reveal a potential future. The occultist will see either images (symbols or pictures) and in many cases a 'video playback' of sorts that will play out on the reflective surface. It is these images or 'video playback' that reveal what may happen in the near future.

Items Needed For Scrying

You probably have most of these things in your home
Black Mirror or black (or dark blue or purple) bowl of water
1 white or black candle
2 Tables
1 Chair

I recommend using a black mirror, but if you do not have one you can purchase them for less than $60. Making one is also fairly easy, here is a tut on that:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You can also utilize a black (or very dark blue or purple) bowl of water. It can be done with natural pools of water (my former occult teacher loved to scry using puddles of water made in her backyard after it rained) such as streams or creeks but it isn't as easy because ripples can form or fish can swim or a host of other distractions from the task at hand could occur.

The Method

Find a place in your home where you will not be disturbed for at least 15 minutes or so. Set up your tables directly across from each other, at least 6 feet of distance between them. Light the candle and place it on one of the tables. The empty table is where you will be scrying from so place the chair in front of that table and place your black mirror on it. (Note, if you're using the bowl method then you'll only need one table and you'd place the candle right next to the bowl). Position your chair so that you can see the flame of the candle reflected in the mirror.

Begin to meditate for about 2 minutes, clearing and calming your mind. Also focus on the question(s) you want answered. Once your mind is clear gaze at the candle flame reflected in the mirror. You may blink as necessary but remain focused on the flame. Try to think about nothing, absolutely nothing. You will fall into a slight trance. For those members who are skilled in going into trance states this should be a breeze. Once in a mild trance the images and or video should start to appear on the surface on their own. Try to remain focused, do not get startled or surprised or you may accidentally come out of the trance.

Please note that as with anything in the occult, you most likely will not see results after the first few tries. It may be take 3 or more attempts before you see any results. This is normal and every occultist goes through it. Once you start getting results be sure to write down what you see, especially if its only symbols or images. Good luck.
Thank you, as I'm about to embark on Zelator in a few months, between that and start of Theoricus, I wanted to read up on scrying in preparation.