• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Being a whore for God rather than just being a whore

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
One of the commandments is to not worship anything manmade or anything but Yehova/Jehova (Im not so sure about Yahweh).
Adultery was a common sin among Israelites from Adam and Eve to the Apostles. From beginning to end, everyone coveted like a ho.

What do you worship besides the creator? If all SHTF, what can you take with you that is necessary?
My recent homelessness made me look at this point.
One common point here is Mammon, the god of money, or money as a god. How many of us worship money?

Lust is another central point. Even though Solomon was doing well desiring Wisdom, he fell through his harem and the Seven Sisters (see Testament of Solomon).
How many of us covet our neighbor? How many of us live only for sex?

Now, to the point, not trying to bible thump here.
Let's refocus on magic.

1. Most of us worship deities or spirits. Which one is at the top? Why are you working bottom up rather than top-down?
2. What do you desire? Why?
3. Can you be a good steward of money?
4. Do you lust for results?

Points to think on.

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
No worship. I don't even work with any spirits 99% time. You don't really need it after a good amount of IIH training.

I do desire woman and money too, I suppose. Maslows pyramid always was spot on when it came to me.

Not sure whats Stewarding.

I used to not lust for results when I was on my mojo, these days I lack the neccesary patience for any meaningful manifestation I think.
Post automatically merged:

I always championed the thought of relying on ones own power. Never understood the people that would call a spirit just to brush their teeth, really.

Makes you wonder if they are just functional schizos.

But there are people who successfully used this method and got what they want. Respect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Its an interesting point. In a recent video on interviewing/outwitting the Devil, the Devil raised a point, that he does not manifest as humans have bodies, he would be essentially crippled by doing so. So when we think of manifesting a spirit, there are three primary outlets:
Blood,
Water,
Smoke.
Blood not as in pricking your finger and bleeding on a candle or sigil. In OT days, plural bulls were slaughtered. Why? Blood for a manifestation base. Moses encountered the Burning Bush. Why? Smoke/Fire ass manifestation medium.
Because there is also the story of the pillars of fire and smoke to hide the Israelites, we see smoke as a possible manifestation.

Stewarding is like the stories of the Rich Young Ruler who walked away grieved, and the story of the talents (money/power).
Being a good steward to me is giving to the poor and needy, housing the homeless, spending money wisely and for the power of God to work through. To bless and reward others in order to gain (per Earl Nightingale).

I suppose being a good steward of money for self gain would be to invest and give (to charity for tax deductions) wisely.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
1. I don't necessarily worship anything. The one at the top (to me) is Anu.
2. Quality of life, rest, knowledge.
3. I don't have many material desires, so i don't spend a lot of money. I give to a couple of charities on a monthly basis but not enormous amounts.
4. Yes. Too much.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
1. Most of us worship deities or spirits. Which one is at the top? Why are you working bottom up rather than top-down?
In my imperfect steps towards construction of my own theurgy (I should say, remembering), I try to practice devotion, which is a step towards unification. Worship implies separateness, which is illusory. Though I feel no compulsion to bend my knee, I offer service and am instructed and directed as a student. In return I get surprises.

To do my measly part of the Great Work and fulfill my purpose.
Why? What else am I going to do?

Like millions of other people I have learned that 2023 is the year of paying out.
Money? Comes and goes. It's just a tool.

Honestly I didn't get the point so I learned to use death as an advisor. Now I just try to get shit done, whatever is in front of me. Plus I get surprises...

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
1. These days I am in a state of confliction, I still have subconscious ties to traditional Christianity.

2. To find out the answer to number one, I seek to master myself, project into other planes and deepen my knowledge of myself to hopefully Intuit the answer or have it revealed divinely

3. Yes, as a college student money is tight right now

4. Very often, as I believe that is the key to success, if one has truly an unmatched will, I believe they can manifest their desire more than a ceremonial magician who wants the same thing. I believe by thinking and visualizing often, you plant seeds into your subconscious to start the process.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
maybe if you read worship as warship it gives a different point of view?
i also remember that somewhere in hinduism there is a 1000 year kingdom of sex and lust. tantra is able to elevate that. church does that by abstaining, so its quite the opposite and thats why sexmagick, but also tantra is called lhp.
i think letting go tru an orgasm can help in transforming lust. instead of being lust the goal it now is used to help set the machinery in motion. when your body learns that in the easiest way: bodily pleasure the rest of your being will have a greater understanding of the concept lust in all its forms.

just dont combine a tantric monk with a catholic priest, just dont. ;)

Reaction score
Awards
One of the commandments is to not worship anything manmade or anything but Yehova/Jehova (Im not so sure about Yahweh).
Adultery was a common sin among Israelites from Adam and Eve to the Apostles. From beginning to end, everyone coveted like a ho.

What do you worship besides the creator? If all SHTF, what can you take with you that is necessary?
One common point here is Mammon, the god of money, or money as a god. How many of us worship money?

Lust is another central point. Even though Solomon was doing well desiring Wisdom, he fell through his harem and the Seven Sisters (see Testament of Solomon).

Let's refocus on magic.

Points to think on.
My answers:
1. It used to be Christ, then Belial and then Ipos and other Goets, now Christ again. Why did I work from bottom up? Well, according to Phillipians 2, Christ modeled himself after Our Father, and became man through the miracle. Not exactly at the bottom. Belial however .. until reading Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, did not realize Lucifer was Belials boss. I thought it was the flip side.
2. One - A stable life here on earth where I can once again experience joy. Many more but that is the primary point at this time.
3. I am not a good steward of money, as I am broke and jobless and homeless, but to be fair it is all due to physical, neurological and mental health disorders.
4. Yes. Fundamental problem with my magic.

On visualization/pathworking, I think a dream board ( a piece of pasteboard with images of your desires ) is a great start, to take them in individually, then as a whole, to the point where you can clearly visualize them in your closed eyed mind.
Then speak them into manifestation. This means to enter the rapture state, invoke often, enflame thyself with prayer; then speak them onto or over yourself, planting subconscious seed.

To follow your will ... to the completion of the Great Work, K&C with your HGA, that is in fact a goal of mine as well, des[pite my recent rededication. If I can this without occult leanings, to have K&C with the Holy Spirit, pathwork into heaven and the kingdom as stated in the Bible, that would be a great exercise on visualization or Astral Travel.

Last edited:

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think understanding that you are not the disorder can make you feel more joy. i also read somewhere that if and when you are able to walk with your spiritual assignment on earth you can call yourself a sufi. for me that makes sense as it was my struggle. imho and eyes it looks like you suffer from the same only you is you so its different. what i mean to say is walking on earth is the completion of the great work, with all its strange things and poverties.

i also went to a church where speaking in tongues is not really seen as evil or strange and i asked if i could and they let me. sometimes its just nice to dare that and let them help. it was very strange btw, but in a godly sense where everyone accepted, just because god tells us to be the samaritan when the moment occurs.

sometimes realizing that the reason we are poor is also so others can give and heal. if and when there is hardly a moment that such a thing can occur, a poor person can make it so that others are willing to do a good deed and create a turn of events. never forget who you are my friend.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
1.I worship no one, but I reckon that the idea of "working bottom up rather than top down" is because society always imposed this idea that "no common person might interact with those on top unless they're of similar status" and that "you can't start from the top".

That ended up becoming a status quo for basically everything.

2.Live a comfortable life where I can focus on my interests rather than on this rat race.Maybe have some adventures here and there but I'm mostly a homebody.While I do have some wild desires(like creating my own magic system) I'm someone that doesn't desire much if my basic needs are met.

3.Aside rare expenses that might be a bit expensive, most stuff I want or need is cheap by any measure so yeah.I think I can deal with money.

4.I desire results for anything I do as everyone else does.If I do something it definitely is to get results.But I wouldn't say that I "lust" for it.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
As for me perhaps, is not about worshiping something, but to have a strong bond, and great companionship with that Spirit. In my world, Lucifer is my God, but I have a strong connection with Him/Her. Like I Love Lucifer with all my Heart and Soul.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
1. At the top of my pantheon? There is a current that unites Enlil, Wotan, Set, Satan, and others. I try to tap that current.
2. What do I desire? The end of present Kali Yuga and the coming of the Cakravartin. Or, if you prefer, the post-Ragnarok order and Baldur's reign.
3. "Steward"? That's King James English and---I surmise---conceptualization. Do you mean do I waste or hoard money as opposed "invest wisely"? I can't wrap my mind around the question. What counts as "waste" diverges so widely from person to person. The doctor wants me to get some serious procedure done soon; I want to use the money to visit my grandparents' hometown in the Carpathians. What is wise here depends on who you ask.
4. Who would ever answer "yes" to a question like that: "lust" !?The Gita and Crowley both warn against lust for results. But clearly, both advocate pursuit of results. If one did not want results, he would not take up magick.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

Worship increases the gap between the worshipper and the worshipped. Instead I revere and try to "earth" in my own psyche, the "Next Horizon". That is, the highest, purest form of consciousness which I can apprehend at a given stage in my progress. If things are being done right, that horizon should keep moving to higher and higher vistas. I also draw on patterns embodied in traditional gods and re-enact them.

Intense subjective and emotional experiences and new sensual pleasures. Both open the Heart and lead to self-knowledge, strength and transformation. Otherwise, a lot of my desires have moved from the personal sphere to the political sphere or, rather, the gap between those two spheres has closed. More and more, I recognise the value of impacting the world in a positive way, of trying to guide mankind towards greater nobility and beauty, especially in a time as hideous as this one.

Yes. Money is a form of energy. Learning what energy to consolidate and what energy to expend and how to fix "leakages" is excellent for initiatory training.

I've learnt that the results of Great Work magic are imperceptible in the moment; only when looking back after a long time can you see what has really been going on. For more immediate kinds of magic, I would lust for results if I hadn't developed an exceptionally strong practice of causing myself to "forget" rituals and workings after I've done them. Doing the work when physically tired is a good way of doing this.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't worship anything.
I desire to keep creating - it seems to be a core part of my purpose. Although after I'd written the book, I spent all my energies for a couple of years promoting it, as one must when one creates something that one wants to sell... so my desire at that point was mostly for recognition for my ideas. I feel a bit like one of those conspiracy theorists - I've discovered something important, but instead of being thwarted by shadowy government organisations, I'm thwarted by no-one giving a toss :D
Yes. Although it helps if you have some :)
Not if I want to get any magic done :)
The example I use is the old joke about curing hiccups by running round the house three times without thinking of the word 'wolf'.
To be a magician, I feel you need to be able to not think of the magical act after you've done it, and before it has completed.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
By the Sumerian account, most humans were bred as slaves to their lord who they were taught to regard as a god.

Thus the humans worked (in a workshop?) to feed and sometimes go to war for their god and that was their worship

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Worship increases the gap between the worshipper and the worshipped. Instead I revere and try to "earth" in my own psyche, the "Next Horizon". That is, the highest, purest form of consciousness which I can apprehend at a given stage in my progress. If things are being done right, that horizon should keep moving to higher and higher vistas. I also draw on patterns embodied in traditional gods and re-enact them.

Intense subjective and emotional experiences and new sensual pleasures. Both open the Heart and lead to self-knowledge, strength and transformation. Otherwise, a lot of my desires have moved from the personal sphere to the political sphere or, rather, the gap between those two spheres has closed. More and more, I recognise the value of impacting the world in a positive way, of trying to guide mankind towards greater nobility and beauty, especially in a time as hideous as this one.

Yes. Money is a form of energy. Learning what energy to consolidate and what energy to expend and how to fix "leakages" is excellent for initiatory training.

I've learnt that the results of Great Work magic are imperceptible in the moment; only when looking back after a long time can you see what has really been going on. For more immediate kinds of magic, I would lust for results if I hadn't developed an exceptionally strong practice of causing myself to "forget" rituals and workings after I've done them. Doing the work when physically tired is a good way of doing this.
Well spoken. That was something I rasseled with today: the gap between (some) LHP talking freedom & power, THEN turning around and plugging in a prayer-rewrite algorithm that substitutes "Satan" for "Lord" a/o "Jesus." I decided to go back to just chanting The Heart Sutra if I feel the need for verbalizing.

By the Sumerian account, most humans were bred as slaves to their lord who they were taught to regard as a god.

Thus the humans worked (in a workshop?) to feed and sometimes go to war for their god and that was their worship
I could get into that. For the right boss, mind you.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

I think the Sumerians got it right with temple prostitution. I mean, imagine going to church for confession and then going to the bar afterwards with a story to tell.

Reaction score
Awards

Let's refocus on magic.

Points to think on.
In keeping to the point, two things I seem to worship, or be addicted to are nicotine and caffeine (particularly coffee). Nicotine I could live without. Coffee, not so sure. I may not worship Allah or the ancient gods of the Columbians, but I sure as hell cover the coffee shrubbery.
I worship the creator, the source, the father of lights ... In the parlance of our times, the Father and Spirit, Yeheshua or the Christ. I prefer this due to the promises written about, working toward hope and love and adoration of him rather than fear. Personal preference.
2. Coffee. Nicotine pouches. Magic. My neighbors wife or women in general. A stable mind and life.
3. Hell no, I suck at financial well being.
4. Absolutely.